3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shampe 20.11.21 12:25 am

Discussion of the most notable sets of armor and weapons (Dark Souls 2)

I propose in this thread to discuss the most notable sets of armor and various weapons. I must say that I myself play as a dexbuild, so I don’t know anything about sets for security officials and magicians. My level is 87. Also, Dark Souls 2 became the first in a series of games for me, so I might not take into account something in my reasoning because of not quite a complete understanding of the mechanics of the game.

The game has a huge variety of armor and weapons. I'll start with a set in which I'm currently carving out hordes of hellish creatures myself - this is the Dranglik set. Here is a link to it:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Drangleic+Set#.U1-XX_l_tyV
Set is just insanely cool in my humble opinion. It is located almost at the beginning of the game, it is significantly better in protecting all its available competitors. But it also has disadvantages:
1) Enough weight to start the game. You can put on everything, with the exception of the helmet, with a carrying capacity pumped by about 17-18.
2) Sharpened with shimmering titanite to a maximum of +5.
3) Low resistance to poison and bleeding. Against petrification and curse, no resistance at all.

The set that everyone knows from posters and previews is Faraham's set. Available towards the end of the game. The main plus in my opinion - in it you will look well, just outrageously cool! Indeed, probably the most elaborate and beautiful set (but I haven't seen much yet). But according to its characteristics, to put it mildly, it does not surprise. Here's the description:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Set#.U1-XXfl_tyX

Probably the best set in terms of defense is the Havel set.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Havel%27s+Set#.U1-Xh_l_tyU
Looks very decent, agree. But how much does he weigh!

Well, the last set that I accidentally found on the wiki is the Moon Butterfly set! Just look at this magnificence!
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Moon+Butterfly+Set

I will also ask for help in choosing a weapon for a dex build, now I run with Heid's sword sharpened at +8:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com /Heide+Knight+Sword#.U1-bEvl_tyU
But someday it will need to be changed, right? What else is a worthy weapon for my build?
If you have a desire to talk about any set or weapon, then it is advisable to provide a link to the off wiki. It will be much more convenient this way.
90 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

One of the best sets for dex, this is the Levelyn set (the name is not entirely accurate), the initial characteristics are comparable to Faram's armor (but has less weight and passive characteristics), sharpen with a shimmering titanide, in order to get a set, you need to kill stone horse soldiers in the royal passage, do not try to knock out the helmet it is not, it is a black set with a raincoat and a fur collar. The second set on the dex is the Lukatiel set (the initial characteristics are not impressive, but the sharpened version has very good indicators for light armor), protection from magic and elements is a little better than in the level, but otherwise loses, outwardly very beautiful and light, you can get if you complete the quest Lukatiel or after dropping her and after purchasing the set from the merchant Melentia in Majul.

From weapons under the dex Black katana dexterity bonus S, Rigar's rapier dexterity bonus S, curved two-handed dragon sword (damage 400, dexterity bonus S, and strength B) are the best weapons for agility.

Velstad's armor (if we draw a parallel with the first part comparable to the paladin's armor), very high defense characteristics, one of the greatest resistance to darkness, if sharpened, the breastplate has an indicator of protection against physical damage above 350, the helmet increases the parameters of resistance and physical strength by 1, armor can be buy in Majul from a merchant after defeating the boss. The armor of the Alonnian knights, the armor is knocked out in the location of the iron citadel, the captain's breastplate and helmet are also very rarely knocked out (they are better than the usual in everything, and also have the effect of resisting fire), in terms of protection they are included in the 5 best medium-type armor (defense indicators are also higher than 350, they also have better fire protection).

If interested, I can tell you about other armor, about their advantages and the method of obtaining.

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
I think everyone will be interested, tell me)

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

So I'll start by listing the most difficult armor sets in obtaining, as well as those sets that are hidden during the passage
1. Armor of the Knight Heid
2. Armor of Katarina
3. Armor of the Mad War
4. Set of the Monastery (guard of the painter from the first part)
5. Set Visible Armor of Auros 6.Shadow
Set
7.Moon Butterfly
Set 8.Dragon Rider Armor
From points 1 to 5, you need to farm armor from dark phantoms to NG +, while phantoms appear only once during the passage, while the drop chance is really low, if the van really needs these sets, stock up on hostile coals, also equip items that increase the drop chance. Item 6 armor is farmed from shadow killers right along with a flexible sentry boss. The last points 7 and 8 can be obtained only at ng + 4, for this, burn 4 coal of hostility at the locations of the iron citadel in front of the bridge, then the armor set can be bought from the merchant in the citadel (the heavy class set has very good indicators and is rather low weight for such type of armor), do the same in Majula and then the set will be sold by the merchant in the same place (the set has a lot of effects). When asked whether it is necessary to bother, I will say that these sets are unique, and there are very few of those who have them,

c
coffecup 20.11.21

Is there any way to edit the armor? To open a file and change its characteristics.
I'm just bastard about the Faraham set, but when I found it I was generally disappointed with the parameters.
And in general, somehow it turns out that all the beautiful armor that I find in terms of characteristics is an order of magnitude worse than what I'm wearing.

B
Booooooom 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Ie need 8 coals or 4 I don’t understand. I need a dragon rider set.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Booooooom
3 coals in front of the bridge of the iron citadel (the fire in the location must be ignited by 4), there the merchant will sell a full set.

B
Booooooom 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Can I kill the boss at the location for every ember?
And, it seems, until I kill and I won't throw a coal)

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Booooooom
yes, and also farm a lot of souls.

m
manspider 20.11.21

is the block provided with two swords?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

manspider
no, what do you already have increased damage, so also block?

m
manspider 20.11.21

Xmax1234
opponents are not shy, for example

v
vizas101 20.11.21

Guys, if you kindle a coal of hostility, will the boss of the location respawn again?

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Could you tell us more about Rigar's rapier, otherwise I googled, but I can't find anything about her.
I found information about the curved two-handed dragon sword, if I understood correctly, it is crafted from Arnifex from the soul of Freya the spider, right?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Shampe The
rapier is hidden in the hunter's grove, from the first fire, at a dark passage with butterflies you need to jump down, preferably over mushrooms, a rapier in the chest, there is also a chance of dropping from spiders.
The sword must be forged from the soul of the dragon (not the boss), in the place where Freya was killed, a crystal will appear, these are the memories of the dragon, you can enter the memories only after you talk to the ancient dragon, in this memory lies a fallen dragon from his body you can pick up soul.

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Wow, I just ran in the hunter's grove recently and seemed to jump down and tore off some kind of chest, but apparently not the one ... I'll have to go to double-check!
And about the sword, somehow everything is much more complicated than it seemed to me at first) The ancient dragon - which one is in the last location, giant and red?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Shampe
Not that dragon guard (wyvern), there is further in the temple of the dragon Ancient (large and brown, with front paws), talk to him then you can kill, he will give strength to enter the memories of giants (trees in the forest of the fallen), and in the same crystal.

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Got it, thanks!

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
I opened my inventory and there I have as many as 3 of these rapiers)
I tried it, but did not like it. It hits quickly, but the damage is small. Scale is almost gone. I have 39 agility now, and the scale of the rapier is about 83, the sword of Hayd has a scale of 86 (I don’t remember the exact numbers, but the point is that the head is slightly higher than the scale). And this is taking into account that Hayd's base damage is much higher and beats with lightning. But my sword is + 8 and the rapier is not sharpened at all) Sharpening affects the increase in damage? And in general, how is the scale of the parameters calculated? Is there a table of correspondence, they say the letter S for agility, so the bonus damage is DEX * 2, letter A - DEX * 1.75 etc?

R
Rataii 20.11.21

Where can I find Dranglik's set?

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Rataii
After killing the pursuer, go to the end and there will be a crevice, jump into it and you will see a sparkle. The whole set is there, with the exception of the helmet, but it is somewhere closer to the end of the game, I myself do not know exactly where)
Here it is shown: