3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shampe 20.11.21 12:25 am

Discussion of the most notable sets of armor and weapons (Dark Souls 2)

I propose in this thread to discuss the most notable sets of armor and various weapons. I must say that I myself play as a dexbuild, so I don’t know anything about sets for security officials and magicians. My level is 87. Also, Dark Souls 2 became the first in a series of games for me, so I might not take into account something in my reasoning because of not quite a complete understanding of the mechanics of the game.

The game has a huge variety of armor and weapons. I'll start with a set in which I'm currently carving out hordes of hellish creatures myself - this is the Dranglik set. Here is a link to it:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Drangleic+Set#.U1-XX_l_tyV
Set is just insanely cool in my humble opinion. It is located almost at the beginning of the game, it is significantly better in protecting all its available competitors. But it also has disadvantages:
1) Enough weight to start the game. You can put on everything, with the exception of the helmet, with a carrying capacity pumped by about 17-18.
2) Sharpened with shimmering titanite to a maximum of +5.
3) Low resistance to poison and bleeding. Against petrification and curse, no resistance at all.

The set that everyone knows from posters and previews is Faraham's set. Available towards the end of the game. The main plus in my opinion - in it you will look well, just outrageously cool! Indeed, probably the most elaborate and beautiful set (but I haven't seen much yet). But according to its characteristics, to put it mildly, it does not surprise. Here's the description:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Set#.U1-XXfl_tyX

Probably the best set in terms of defense is the Havel set.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Havel%27s+Set#.U1-Xh_l_tyU
Looks very decent, agree. But how much does he weigh!

Well, the last set that I accidentally found on the wiki is the Moon Butterfly set! Just look at this magnificence!
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Moon+Butterfly+Set

I will also ask for help in choosing a weapon for a dex build, now I run with Heid's sword sharpened at +8:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com /Heide+Knight+Sword#.U1-bEvl_tyU
But someday it will need to be changed, right? What else is a worthy weapon for my build?
If you have a desire to talk about any set or weapon, then it is advisable to provide a link to the off wiki. It will be much more convenient this way.
90 Comments
Sort by:
R
RomanGrimm 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Moon butterfly set is located in ng + at the merchant Maglin in Majul.It is expensive about 30,000 souls, it seems

S
SaperFromUS 20.11.21

What's the point of bosses' weapons?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

SaperFromUS
quickly get good weapons almost at the very beginning of the game.

S
SaperFromUS 20.11.21

Xmax1234
I would not say that it is good and that at the very beginning you will not get a lot of them.

W
WolverineSet 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Tell a newbie, as an expert))))
1. I did not play DS, I started playing DS2 - it seems to be hooked. I smoked a lot of forums and invented such a build for myself - Sword of the Sun + Alva set well and 40/40 pumping, respectively. Is this viable?
2. Advise a light two-handed or other light two-handed.
3. How much can you sharpen a weapon by +10 for the first playthrough? (To get the Sun Sword is not fast, but the damage is needed, I swung Heid's Sword by +6 - it became more fun, but I think, then I can, or then I won't get materials on the Sun?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

WolverineSet
1) A good option is quite acceptable
2) In addition to the dranglik sword, there is a sword from Mira that Lucatiel will give for completing the quest (you can kill and get the sword right away), a bonus to dexterity A, from long swords the sword of the dragon guards is still good (dropped from enemies in the dragon temple ), there are also swords from the souls of bosses (the defender's sword, when hardened by lightning, has a faith bonus of S, the watchman's sword is well suited for magicians, and the ruler's sword has an increase from the number of souls (the maximum will be at 1 million souls, but before that the sword is very weak)
3) Weapons and items for the first playthrough can be sharpened at least everything, but for this you need to farm pieces of titanide (in the hall with stone statues it drops very often (Dranglik castle), smaller pieces can be bought in an infinite number from a stone dealer in Majula (after the final bare debris, large fragments, debris will become endless)
For now, ask everything if you are interested.

W
WolverineSet 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Thanks for the answers.
Two-handedly understood, the plan was outlined. It's also clear about the farm, there shouldn't be any problems, tk. I play "cleanup" and I know about coal)) More questions.
1. Does it make sense to keep a spear / pike / halberd polearm just in case? If so, which one would you recommend?
2. Is Lucatiel's Shield a good option?
3. Parry. In DS 1, as I understand it, it was imboy, here it was kind of nerfed. I tried to do it - it practically does not work, even with a buckler. Does it make sense to bother?
4. In what locks and how many times is it better to use the coal of enmity?
5. In addition to the souls of bosses, other souls (soldier, knight, big knight, etc.) can be "eaten"?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

WolverineSet
1. I have pumped pikes, a strong attack knocks them down, has good damage, halberds help keep enemies at a distance, and against a group they can strike in circular blows, a spear can strike behind a shield, it consumes little stamina and is similar in principle to pikes, but the damage is less than power attacks without a special effect and the damage I use less for everyone, but I prefer picks.
2. Not a bad panel, but not the best you need to have at least one average board with 100% physical damage by quenching such a lot will find himself segko
3. parry more complicated, you need to get used again, but it is not really necessary, so do not sweat
4.in the dragon's nest, for farming rare metals (lt 7 shimmering titanides, 6 dragon bones, 2 pieces of titanide and many more different metals, also the souls of heroes, a pharos stone and about 100 to souls for 3 dragons), near the tree behind the royal gate in the forest of fallen giants, for farm souls for killing the boss, (1 coal of enmity, 2 shimmering titanides, fire seed, heavenly blessing and many souls, IMPORTANT, coal will affect all memories, do not forget to collect other buns in your memories, before igniting a new one coal, coal cannot be burned unless the boss is killed)

W
WolverineSet 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Another respect for the answers.
1. Picks - what do you recommend?
2. Weapons sharpened at +10 does it make sense to enchant? After all, the damage is split, and the scaling, most likely, from dexterity and strength will decrease. Scaling from magical characteristics will be added, but for a warrior this is not ice. Is it better then to sharpen and enchant weapons that have base damage with elements such as Heid's Sword or a fire sword - or are they essentially the same thing?
3. They did not answer this question 5. Besides the souls of the bosses, can the rest of the souls (soldier, knight, big knight, etc.) be "eaten"?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

WolverineSet
1.Giant lance, heavy lance of heid, well, as an extreme case of peak of the chariot (I didn't like it, it's weak, but many praise it)
2.Yes that's right, but look at how the stats are minimized, in the case of the weapon of the heid beam sharpening it with a zipper rather than leaving it in the original.
3. For a better parry, you need to pump into Adaptability, after repulsing a blow, you need to wait until the enemy falls, then press the blow right in front of him, after that there will be an animation of finishing off, it is a little more difficult to get used to after the first part.
4. Yes, such souls are like a wallet with coins, they are needed only to get souls (the souls of giants are needed to kill Vendrik, do not use them even after defeating him, they will still be useful on ng +, and they give few souls).

p
pavloalex 20.11.21

People, where is Dark Armor?

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

pavloalex
The entire dark set is knocked out of the mimics throughout the passage, One to the right of in front of Miata's boss, behind the pitchers with poison, the second at the Pharos Door location in front of the mastodon in the corner, the third in the iron fortress, in the room with the platforms up the stairs, and the last in front of the castle Aldii, behind the house from the first fire.

D
Daniliss 20.11.21

Dear, tell me, what medium-light armor does it make sense to pump, say, before entering the foggy forest, or maybe at a later game? The character sharpens on agility, mobility. I'm clearing locations in Draglik's set at the moment (less damage goes through), pvpsh in lighter sets without a shield, so that the weight is up to 40%. FZCH is currently 18, passed just flexible sentry. In other words, what kind of armor is the most adequate in terms of characteristics and does not weigh much?

k
korhaalom 20.11.21

Daniliss Out
of the lungs, the most are Alva's set and Llewelyn's nravizzo set.

D
Daniliss 20.11.21

Llewelyn is understandable, but I'm talking about the beginning of the game literally :) I forgot about Alva - a good idea :)

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Daniliss
Visible set of Auros (Sauron from The Lord of the Rings), it is the most balanced in weight, protection from physical attacks and the elements (I only have a cuirass and a helmet, they talk about protection indicators on the forums, everyone unanimously agrees that armor represents the golden mean for all requirements)
Speaking of light armor at the very beginning, try the hunter's set in the forest of fallen giants, the defense indicators are quite decent and the pumped version is quite suitable for full passage.

D
Daniliss 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Wish there was more balance, I tried this thing in heavy armor, but the load is too high. In the hunter's set, I replaced the bib with a knight's one, there is more balance, and the weight allowed to put it on.

D
Daniliss 20.11.21

I dug into the inventory of a later character - I found out that the black leather armor of a thief would be better than the set of a hunter, and it also rocks with ordinary titanite. We must endure until the earthen peak.

T
Thor324 20.11.21

People killed Maglin, passed the game, killed the bosses, eventually resurrected him, bought up all the armor, but the armor of Seth Velstadt, stupidly does not appear what the fuck

R
Richards 20.11.21

The people and who fumbles, in general, a set of insane war that falls in the tower of the sun from a dark phantom, I killed him but nothing fell from him, but is it possible to burn the coal of hostility in the fire from below so that it appears again? Or now only in ng + sawing remains ??????????????????