3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shampe 20.11.21 12:25 am

Discussion of the most notable sets of armor and weapons (Dark Souls 2)

I propose in this thread to discuss the most notable sets of armor and various weapons. I must say that I myself play as a dexbuild, so I don’t know anything about sets for security officials and magicians. My level is 87. Also, Dark Souls 2 became the first in a series of games for me, so I might not take into account something in my reasoning because of not quite a complete understanding of the mechanics of the game.

The game has a huge variety of armor and weapons. I'll start with a set in which I'm currently carving out hordes of hellish creatures myself - this is the Dranglik set. Here is a link to it:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Drangleic+Set#.U1-XX_l_tyV
Set is just insanely cool in my humble opinion. It is located almost at the beginning of the game, it is significantly better in protecting all its available competitors. But it also has disadvantages:
1) Enough weight to start the game. You can put on everything, with the exception of the helmet, with a carrying capacity pumped by about 17-18.
2) Sharpened with shimmering titanite to a maximum of +5.
3) Low resistance to poison and bleeding. Against petrification and curse, no resistance at all.

The set that everyone knows from posters and previews is Faraham's set. Available towards the end of the game. The main plus in my opinion - in it you will look well, just outrageously cool! Indeed, probably the most elaborate and beautiful set (but I haven't seen much yet). But according to its characteristics, to put it mildly, it does not surprise. Here's the description:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Set#.U1-XXfl_tyX

Probably the best set in terms of defense is the Havel set.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Havel%27s+Set#.U1-Xh_l_tyU
Looks very decent, agree. But how much does he weigh!

Well, the last set that I accidentally found on the wiki is the Moon Butterfly set! Just look at this magnificence!
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Moon+Butterfly+Set

I will also ask for help in choosing a weapon for a dex build, now I run with Heid's sword sharpened at +8:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com /Heide+Knight+Sword#.U1-bEvl_tyU
But someday it will need to be changed, right? What else is a worthy weapon for my build?
If you have a desire to talk about any set or weapon, then it is advisable to provide a link to the off wiki. It will be much more convenient this way.
90 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

In Majula there is an armor merchant Maglin, at first he has a meager choice of armor, but still buy goods for 1000 souls from him, after you come to him, he will update the assortment, now you can buy a set of an elite knight, Alva's set, buy both if you don't need them, the main thing is to spend 16,000 souls from him, now he will once again have new armor, if you talk to him now with 0 souls, he will give you a set of Auros, also after killing bosses you can buy sets of their armor from him ...
After the forgotten sinner - the mask of the sinner (by 3% will increase the carried weight), shackles (will increase the damage from pyromancy), skirt, shirt.
After the demon from the smelter - a full set of heavy armor (good protection from fire, physical attacks), not the usual design of armor.
After the mirror knight - a full set of heavy armor (protection from magic increased)
After Velstand - the whole set, which I already mentioned.
After the protector and the caretaker - two sets of armor, outwardly I really liked it, and to sharpen them you need less titanide than usual.
He will also sell a set with a butterfly moon, if the fire in Majula is kindled by 4, the shield is in the chest in the same place as the merchant.
There are also elements of armor that have unwritten properties (increase parameters by 1-2 points), to a greater extent it is a hood of chaos (increases intelligence and faith), a black hood (increases int and faith), a witcher's hood (more spell charges), hat of the black witch (+1 slot of magic), crown of the king (increase int and ver + spell casting speed), hat of Durgo (increase the range and damage from small arms, bow, crossbow).

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Shampe
I have 50 dexterity, rapier +10 blows away all enemies in the hunter's grove for ng + 4 with two hits, with a power attack I only hit phantoms two hits are enough to take down more than 2000 hp.

The Dranglik helmet will be given by Captain Drumon, in the memory to the right of the turtle, in front of the pursuer, but before that you need to kill the lord of the giants.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Shampe
It seems like there is a bonus accrual so E - 20% of the base damage, D - 40%, C - 60, B - 80%, A - 100%, S - 120% the beam the weapon is sharpened, the higher the damage That is, the damage was 100 a with a bonus S it became 220 but only with very high parameters, more than 50 or somewhere in these norms, sometimes the bonus changes when sharpening a weapon, for example A became S.

m
mrG0bliN 20.11.21

with such a set of all ditch

m
mrG0bliN 20.11.21

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Thank you very much about the merchant Maglin, I did not know!
As for the rapier, it may be strong, but the animation of the blows confuses me, I like it much more with the sword)
mrG0bliN
Please describe, from the picture it is not clear what the set is.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Shampe
This is a set of insane war, you need to drop from the phantom to ng ++, in the tower of the sun (you need to be a member of the ringing covenant)

k
kabytos 20.11.21

Where can I get the armor of dark spirits from 1 ds? Which is still issued in the covenant

s
seffko 20.11.21

Ufolog
Xanthous Set
The same set of the Sinner.

S
Shampe 20.11.21

In the Xanthous Set, the helmet is very strange, and in general the character looks like a maggot in it
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Xanthous+Set#.U2FpGPl_tyU

s
seffko 20.11.21

Shampe
A reference to the Demon Souls.

s
seffko 20.11.21

Ufolog
Talk to the cat, she will tell you everything about the bosses (who they are and what they are)

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Ufolog
Not more than 1000 years have passed since the events of the first part, the sinner is somehow connected with the izalita witch, or rather the spider that climbed into her eye (exactly like the izalita witch, after transformation into the bed of chaos), and the cat is not talking about the current great souls, but about the old ones, as an example about the refuge of the undead in which the story of the first part began, also about Gwina who burned himself in flames, about the mad Sita who was looking for what he needed, about Nito who rotted in his crypt for a long time, about the stupid girl trying kindle the first flame. The fate of the protagonist from the first part is not known, either he burned himself in flames, or became a dark lord, in the second part there are many references to two versions of events, both the purified ashes (maybe both the hero and Gwynne), and the division of the abyss (Nashandra shard something very powerful), it is also not a fact that the era of flame still lasts in the game,

PS I talked about some of the best light sets at the beginning of the topic, look.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Llewellyn+Set#.U2I_kVdMfGg
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lucatiel%27s+Set#.U2I_oFdMfGg
Well, these are also
http://darksouls2.wiki .fextralife.com / Alva + Set # .U2JAwldMfGg
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Jester%27s+Set

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

kabytos
The entire dark set is knocked out of the mimics throughout the passage, One to the right of in front of the boss of Miata, behind the pitchers with poison, the second at the Pharos Door location in front of the mastodon in the corner, the third in the iron fortress, in the room with platforms on the stairs up, and the last in front of the castle Aldii, behind the house from the first fire.

D
Dark kahn 20.11.21

Here they wrote about the sets of bosses. So that's it. Is there a Chaser set? His appearance is not bad.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Dark Kahn
Also searched everywhere, but alas it is not.

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

Dear Xmax1234, I see you are an expert in the game and I want to ask you a few questions as an expert. I am close to finishing the game and would like to know this:
1) In the location of the Iron Citadel there are several zones with half-dried lava, in which corpses or chests are located. Is there a way to get to them, for example, where to get the Ring of the Lava Run, as it was in the first part of the game. If it beats from an Ancient Dragon, see below.
2) Is it realistic to kill the Ancient Dragon? What is falling from it?
3) In Majul there is an obelisk on which the number of deaths is shown. Is there an erased plaque behind it? What is it? A referral or do you need to activate it with something?
4) What other memories are worth visiting and where are they? In addition to the 3 giants (in fact, two) and the Memory of the Dragon (In the location where Freya's spider was killed). Thank you for the tip, I myself would never have thought of going there in my life.
5) What are the epic two-handed swords for strength? I liked the Smelter Demon Sword and the Normal Iron Two-Handed. Is there anything else in the game worth of swords for strength?
6) Is it realistic to kill Vendrik? They say that you need to hit him and the fight will begin. I did so, but he did not react to me, no matter how much I beat him. Bug? Or do you need to go to him again?

s
snayper2013 20.11.21

I4igoK
I will be responsible for Xmax1234-a
1) Yes, it is possible to get there, pyromancy "Raw flesh" is necessary. Reduce the damage from fire, then, you may have met Farros's muzzle at the location, if not, then you will find how to insert a stone from the muzzle, water will pour out and fill the cavity under the muzzle, roll 3 times and the hero will become wet, + more to resistance to fire, it is also desirable to have a quartz ring of fire, and the armor of the Allonian knight, even better than the captain.
2) It is really more than possible to kill a dragon, the most important rule is: "One blow and you are a corpse." ...
3) I don’t know about this, it’s interesting.
4) In the location, a black crevice after the first fire, reach the hole from where a huge worm crawls out, in the direction where it looks there is a ledge, go to the edge and find it, and then, by simple actions, you will find the entrance to the cave where two giants will be waiting for you with clubs, killing them, you will receive a soul, and a ring of giants.
5) The sword of King Vendrik, requires 50 strength, in a pumped form hits for 500 damage, a passive effect breaks the enemy's equipment.
The black knight's two-handed sword, I don't remember where I took it, but is identical to Zweinhander in animation, but apart from physical damage, it hits with fire.
6) as soon as you collect at least 4 souls, hit until he gets angry, a flat health appears and punching of a pear begins, who to be you, to decide, again, YOU.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

snayper2013
Thanks for the help
I4igoK
1) I will add one more nuance, in addition to the above actions, you also need to somersault through the jugs of water, now there will be a complete resistance to fire, within a minute the fire almost does not harm
2) the main thing is the exact sequence of actions, my tactics are as follows: After the fog, immediately run to the paws, but linger for a second in front of the muzzle, look at the type of attack, if it raises its head, it will breathe fire, if the wings take off, in the second case, run back to entrance, hit the paws as much as possible, when the dragon stops breathing fire, run up to the muzzle and look at the type of attack, if it breathes in a straight line, hit it again on the paws, and if it flies up, run to the entrance, mind you, he can hit his head or paws, the main thing is not to change the sequence of actions, otherwise there will be a surprise, and so on until the victorious end, after victory, they will give the soul of a giant and a dragon bone (the dragon turned out to be not real, but more on that separately).
3) This is a small easter egg, in the future the developers can use it for additions, but for now just a little trolling (remember the story with the wanderer's pendant)
4) No more memories
5) I will add only a sword with wyvern wings, light (12 kg), has an agility bonus B , a power attack releases a volley of energy, very good damage, as well as the pursuer's sword, turned out to be useful after it was sharpened, nothing special, it's just more convenient for them to fight in narrow rooms
6) 4 souls of giants will give the opportunity to wound Vendrik, and 5 souls - to inflict a full damage without penalties

D
Dark kahn 20.11.21

There is a problem with the blacksmith in Majula. I bought everything I could from him, did the upgrades. He gave me a blacksmith's hammer. But the assortment does not update and the set of the elite knight does not appear on sale. What else does he want?