3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shampe 20.11.21 12:25 am

Discussion of the most notable sets of armor and weapons (Dark Souls 2)

I propose in this thread to discuss the most notable sets of armor and various weapons. I must say that I myself play as a dexbuild, so I don’t know anything about sets for security officials and magicians. My level is 87. Also, Dark Souls 2 became the first in a series of games for me, so I might not take into account something in my reasoning because of not quite a complete understanding of the mechanics of the game.

The game has a huge variety of armor and weapons. I'll start with a set in which I'm currently carving out hordes of hellish creatures myself - this is the Dranglik set. Here is a link to it:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Drangleic+Set#.U1-XX_l_tyV
Set is just insanely cool in my humble opinion. It is located almost at the beginning of the game, it is significantly better in protecting all its available competitors. But it also has disadvantages:
1) Enough weight to start the game. You can put on everything, with the exception of the helmet, with a carrying capacity pumped by about 17-18.
2) Sharpened with shimmering titanite to a maximum of +5.
3) Low resistance to poison and bleeding. Against petrification and curse, no resistance at all.

The set that everyone knows from posters and previews is Faraham's set. Available towards the end of the game. The main plus in my opinion - in it you will look well, just outrageously cool! Indeed, probably the most elaborate and beautiful set (but I haven't seen much yet). But according to its characteristics, to put it mildly, it does not surprise. Here's the description:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Set#.U1-XXfl_tyX

Probably the best set in terms of defense is the Havel set.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Havel%27s+Set#.U1-Xh_l_tyU
Looks very decent, agree. But how much does he weigh!

Well, the last set that I accidentally found on the wiki is the Moon Butterfly set! Just look at this magnificence!
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Moon+Butterfly+Set

I will also ask for help in choosing a weapon for a dex build, now I run with Heid's sword sharpened at +8:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com /Heide+Knight+Sword#.U1-bEvl_tyU
But someday it will need to be changed, right? What else is a worthy weapon for my build?
If you have a desire to talk about any set or weapon, then it is advisable to provide a link to the off wiki. It will be much more convenient this way.
90 Comments
Sort by:
I
I4igoK 20.11.21

snayper2013 Thank you.
1) It looks like it won't come out easy, but I liked cutting through the lava so much in the first part, the damage was done very little. I will also add that in the Dragon Gulch location, when fighting one of the dragons, you can raise the two-handed hammer Dragon's Tooth, it also increases resistance to fire and magic. As an addition to anti-fire equipment, it will do.
2) About the dragon, I realized that any of his blows are oneshot. Of course, at the first meeting, he impressed me. I have never seen such a majestic monster. I even thought after talking with him, 3 seconds "To beat or not to beat!" And of course the answer was yes in my head. Seeing that the HP bar decreases, it became clear what you can try at the end of the game. Since childhood, I dreamed of killing a dragon, so there will be something to do. =)
4) Yes, I got there, of course I didn't find this secret myself. But I can boast that I found a secret similar to jumping down in the Crypt of the Undead myself. It leads to the fire.
5) Yes, this sword would not interfere, I will have to visit Vendrick again. There is a knight's two-handed knight and a halberd, I visually did not like Zweichender, although I understand that the stats will be better, but it does not look impressive, It makes sense to sharpen the Dranglik Sword, it is not bad as an alternative, I quite easily knocked Vendrik's guard against them, although I did not expect this, the sword did not imprisoned with me for now.
6) I see.

u
undertaker1234562 20.11.21

The description of the Ruler's sword says that the damage increases from souls, there were 200,000+ souls, and the damage is the same, what's the problem?

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

Xmax1234
1) I 'll try.
2) Well, I knocked all the dragons down to the Ancient One. He even jumped down on one of them and gave him a skull. It would be all easy in the Joker's set to beat them, but along the way, you also had to aggro and deftly kill small beetles. Titanite was needed like air.
3) What's the story?
4) I see. But thanks anyway for the tip.
5) I saw the Wyvern. Pretty handsome, but you need Dragon Bones, right? I have little left, only 6 pieces, farming is necessary, and power attack, yes, you need to look. I will not take / sharpen the Sword of the Pursuer, this is an analogue of the Iron Two-handed, well, maybe a little better, but I think it's not worth it (sharpening).
6) Oh, that's how it is, but I thought that he could be killed at the first meeting. The first was even before the giants, Clearly, now everything fell into place.
On the whole, thank you for your answers.

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

Dark Kahn
"Elite Knight" is not sold by the blacksmith, but by the merchant Malik (he seems to be called that). He is sitting in the house opposite the Abode of the Cat. Armor merchant. It seems like he needs to bribe the middle shield and then the knight will open. Nice armor to start the game. Recommend. Better than Sokolnik IMHO.

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

honor the ancestors
I definitely cannot answer for the bonuses to strength / dexterity, and also I cannot say which swords are two-handed / one-handed, but I came across Japanese ones.
Katana - in a chest in the Dragon Temple.
Black Katana - from the Allonian knights like in the Iron Fire Citadel. You need to farm.
Uchigatana - from Blacksmith Malaf or whatever. You need to roll an explosive barrel to the cracked wall to get to it + coal needs to be found in the Citadel.
The berserker sword is another katana, I don't know where to get it.
Destroyer - what kind of sword, I don’t remember and where to get it too. But it seems like something special, In my opinion, it also belongs to the type of katana.
Freya's sword or something like him, it is most likely a sword, but the bonus to dexterity S. It is exchanged with Ornifexa for the Great Soul of Freya.

It seems that everything that I remember has been collected in bulk in my backpack. Then I'll see if I can find anything else, add it to the post.

S
Shampe 20.11.21

What ancestors
do you have? Strength? Agility?

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

honor ancestors
Well, you need to wait for an answer from the experts. I haven't finished the game yet, so I can't say where or what. I'll add the Dranglik Sword on my own, trite? But nevertheless, evaluate its damage, yes, it's a big sword, but the necessary strength is like 25, dexterity 20. I don't know, but I would advise you to pay attention to it + it is straight. Well, I will also add that A LOT of Great Swords are straight. In fact, ordinary swords are swords, sabers, daggers or daggers. But the classic straight swords are Claymore, Dranglik, Flamberg, Greatsword of the black knight and others.

s
snayper2013 20.11.21

honor the ancestors A
good option in my opinion is the black sword of the giant guard in the dragon temple, sort of like an ordinary sword, but in a pumped view it has damage of 250 units, they also say that if you farm human dragons, a one-handed dragon sword can drop out, it seems like it has 500 physical damage in full pumping, but the information has not been confirmed.

K
KaideR 20.11.21

At first I ran in the Dranglik set. Although a bit heavy, the defense is very good. Now I changed some cruel warrior for a set (after defeating the beloved duke, by the fire, there was some kind of opponent, this set fell from him. And a cruel warrior is according to the description of the gizmos).

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

Passed the lava zones in the Iron Citadel. Required for completion: Diablo's full set, Dragon's Tooth Mace, Raw Flesh from pyromancy, Ring of Fire Resistance +1, Flasks of Estus, Soak in water from a holy source in a location activated by Farros's key, Teleport Feather, Quickness and agility hands. Navar is so-so: 1 Humanity Figurine, 1 Ember of Enmity, 1 Small Phoenix Shield (90% Fire Resistance), 1 Chaos Storm spell (summons pillars of fire, does not require intelligence, requires a Pyromancy Gauntlet). My question is ripe, since Pyromancy in the game is a pretty funny thing that does not require intelligence, which glove is better to grind? Normal or Dark? I play as a man the whole game, I don't run hollow, is it worth downloading the Dark Glove of Pyromancy for a man?

E
Elias312 20.11.21

I4igoK
If my memory does not change, then the dark one is more powerful than usual and if I pump it to +10 then it will be a weapon of mass destruction, but I don’t presume to argue because the pyromancer was playing a current of 1 ds

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

I4igoK
On the account of the story with the pendant, in the first part, at the beginning of character creation, it was possible to choose the gift of the pendant (the description said that the pendant warms the wanderers with warm memories), and the developer fleetingly said that there is some kind of secret in this gift, so after the release of the game tens of thousands players spent hundreds of hours in search of a solution to the suspension puzzle, and the developers only pushed them to do this, it was until the developers officially announced that this story was a joke and the suspension has no value (although it could still be exchanged at the nest, but these are the developers did not consider stopping in the fairy tales of the great mystery), I hope you understand how the players felt who spent so much time on this joke.

I
I4igoK 20.11.21

Xmax1234
Well, that's why I asked, otherwise you never know. In the first part there were a lot of secrets, it was nice to solve them. The very juice was that if you did not have time to talk to the NPC in time or did not notice at all, everything was in flight. Or remember the joke with Rambo (Katarina's Knight), who, with the screams of Liiirooooooooooooooooooo, flew into a pack of predatory plants. That was a joke. =)

s
snayper2013 20.11.21

The most fun begins with NG +, especially when a red phantom is running at you, fighting no worse than the masters of the game.

X
Xmax1234 20.11.21

Speaking of armor sets, the items knocked out at the beginning will not always be weak, for example, the set of the old knight who is knocked out of the mobs in Heid's tower, despite the shabby appearance of the armor, it has good defense indicators, and in the sharpened version one of the best resists to physical damage ( weight 16.4 strength 20 protection 363, from blunt blow 340, from cutting 377, from piercing 363), Havel's armor is the most durable (but the weight of each element is just beyond the limit, helmet 7.5, bib 19.5, gloves 11.5, boots 11.5)

C
Connor_Kenway 20.11.21

Tell me where to get the king's set

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Finally put on Velstad's armor, thanks to Xmax1234 for the advice! Velstad is good to everyone, but I don't really like the look. I also sharpened the black katana at +10 and added lightning. I just doubt whether it was necessary to sharpen with lightning, it seems from this the scale of agility has become less.
Connor_Kenway Is
that what it's called?

S
Shampe 20.11.21

Connor_Kenway
Here, there is a description of how to go and there is a vidos. I was just recently in front of this door, but for obvious reasons, I could not open it. I wanted to ask about her on the forum.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/King's+Set#.U2fX4vl_tyU
Wow, here the king's soul lies! I think I'll trade it for Ornifex's shield.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Soul+of+the+King#.U2fY8_l_tyU

S
Spez24 20.11.21

Is it possible to get a second utigatana somewhere? I bought one from McKduff, and there is another one somewhere?

S
Shampe 20.11.21

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Uchigatana#.U2fqj_l_tyU
It says one for passing. I think NG + will be available for purchase.