3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Demon of Night 26.11.21 10:51 pm

Impression of the full game? (Front Mission Evolved)

What are your impressions of completing this toy? =)
70 Comments
Sort by:
f
fomenich666 26.11.21

Just passed. Good game. I especially liked the ability to pump and weight up my wanzer! I hope there will be something like this in MechWarrior.

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

Finally the FME passed.

I bring to your attention a small review.
That is to say, the impressions are closer to the positive than to the negative. Now in order.
Thoroughbred Arcade from Double Helix, which was created under the close supervision of Square Enix.

The plot will tell us about an engineer boy who did not touch anyone, tested a Wanzer-Zephyr prototype for himself ... And then on you, New York is attacked. And on the other side of the city, our own father was left alone and unattended. And our baby (I want to say from Vault 101) goes to look for his dad in this sheer chaos, while at the same time having stolen this very prototype. (although it is not clear who he stole it from, since there is no one in the company to create the Vanzers except for him and another girl). Moreover, our car is equipped with a certain EDGE system (the development of daddy GG is a kind of analogue of Slo-Mo) around which this very plot will revolve.
In general, the plot is a solid four. There are no particular complaints. Pretentious speeches of military and political battles and terrible secrets of the past.
The gameplay is pretty enjoyable and there is a lot to roam around. After the completion of the first act, we are given access to military warehouses, where we twist parts of Wanzer of which there are many and choose weapons to taste, of which there are also many. Any whim. Transform your car into a slow "Walker" with two heavy machine guns and rocket launchers on its shoulders. Or create a fast and deadly Wanzer with a spike on his arm and a light machine gun. The maps are varied, beautiful and quite interesting. City, tropical island, glaciers, ruins, subway, desert and even space. Slag - moments when we run on foot leaving our Wanzer unattended. Corridor curve third person shooter. I didn't remember anything particularly.
(At first, I demolished everyone from afar using a sniper and rockets. But then I realized that this was not TRU and, picking it up cleanly, with a mind-blowing speed, smashed enemies into hand-to-hand combat, firing back with a shoulder minigun). Enemies shine with crumbs of intelligence and love to hide and go around from behind, but nothing more.

The graphics are pretty nice and juicy. It is replete with small details (such as cars in the city, there are poles, road signs, trees that fly apart when touched), flashes, explosions, smoke and everything else. All this is brightened up with shader blur. Nothing very special, but nice to the eye (except for the textures of space, which is terrible).
And finally. The toy is short, it takes about ten hours to walk. But this time is not wasted.
Pros:
+ Divine system requirements and a good balance (if you know what MSAA is and how to disable it)
+ Mechs, of which there are few outside of Japan.
+ Arcade, Action, Shooter.
+ Multiplayer Steam
+ "Paint the fur on the image and the papoby"
+ Epic bosses, including the last one (which wakes up worse than in Mass Effect 2)
+, - Type of plot yes.
Disadvantages:
-Small texture lags.
- Walking missions.
- Conciseness and linearity.
-This is not Front mission 3,4,5.
Rating 7,375 / 10 Connoisseurs of the
genre and people who like fast and active games will do fine. But Square could do a better job.

T
Tom x 26.11.21

Regarding the ill-conceived setting of the wanzer: everything is thought out there. The system works like this: let's say you have 40,000 cash. You bought a torso for 20,000. In theory, you have only 20,000 left and the money spent cannot be returned, but no matter how it is. If you buy a less cheap torso, say for 15,000, you will notice that 5,000 have returned to your account. Tobish, you can experiment with Wanzer parts and weapons as much as you like, without fear for your money.

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

So it is so. But it would be easier to think of a warehouse as in the original versions. What you bought is kept with you. And it’s a little unaccustomed.

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

tbop
Another parody of the review? How could you go through one workout for ten minutes ???

t
tbop 26.11.21

Yoshemitsu
it's not just the training, the

game is not bad, it got a score of 7

N
NeroKvest 26.11.21

I remember as a child I played Sonya 1 in front missiion 3 and despite the fact that half of the game was occupied by the dialogues of narrow-eyed anime teenagers and my uncle, I played this game at least 5 times. It simply captured the brain with its most interesting turn-based battles. the days that a new game is coming out soon I immediately hoped to get a lot of new impressions and remember the old ones. Today I downloaded the repack, installed it, played for 15 minutes and now I think to delete it or even endure it, maybe I'll play it again ...
I don’t know how to anyone, but for me it’s amazing turn-based action - a shooter that will capture the current of a pimply Japanese schoolboy, but obviously not experienced gamers looking for truly worthy and exciting games, but to spend their time and possibly money on them, this is sheer mediocrity.
This is my opinion. I xs, I am disappointed, bite my nails, drink beer and cry in the toilet ...

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

NeroKvest Chu,
I also played the third in my childhood and also passed it up and down on sleepless nights. And I am generally crazy about this toy, despite all its disadvantages and flaws, for me there is no feeling more pleasant than to demolish a couple of three furs with a spike at high speed, and then abruptly jump aside to drop a clip from a shoulder minigun to reinforce the enemy. She is fast and this is pleasant.

D
D0c_81 26.11.21

! arcade shooter! - in principle, you can have some fun, and the time to complete it will be less than fm3. of course the genre is turned upside down, with turn-based, on the arcade, but I think the experiment was partially successful. 4+ igrule.

A
AGRESSORLP 26.11.21

bullshit!

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

I wonder how PG will respond.

D
Demon of Night 26.11.21

Passed the game ... SHIT !!! Armored Core 3 on Sony Playstation 1 was even better!

Y
Yoshemitsu 26.11.21

Demon of Night
But the same Armored Core on Sony Playstation 2 wakes up shit worse.

L
LeedStraiF 26.11.21

I liked the game, so niche =)

D
D.Artist 26.11.21

Passed several missions, there was an opinion
that the game was a terrible unfinished trash ...
I did not play much in the original turn-based Front
Mission, but what they did with the game ... it's just horror ...
Everything that I saw in the game was already in Lost Planet,
in terms of gameplay, the idea is blatantly stale.
Further: the plot is the stupidest action movie, and even with a discount
on the genre it is not forgivable, because Square, honestly,
did not think that they could so stain brands and
release low-grade shit. the company is famous for
its streams of masterpieces, of which there are more than a dozen.

The gameplay is primitive, we just run and shoot ...
The main thing is that there is more armor and more powerful weapons,
but you can go through in any configuration because
too easy, and everywhere a pile of cartridges and first aid kits.

Graphics of the century before last. For such a game, it's
just a shame ... the level of Lost Planet 1, and even
worse in some places ...

I just turned off the music, sawed my brain, and the
sound ... normal, but it could have been better.

My rating for the game is 4.5 / 10 - epic fail ...

T
Tom x 26.11.21

dumbest action movie
You don't understand the plots ...

The gameplay is primitive, we just run and shoot ...
And? In all shooters we just run and shoot ... in races we just drive ... In strategies we just build and direct ... What do you need to bring to the gameplay to make it progressive?

The main thing is that there is more armor, and the weapon is more powerful,
but you can pass in any configuration because it is
too easy, and everywhere there is a pile of cartridges and first-aid kits.
I ask for multiplayer, comrade :)

Graphics of the century before last
Well, you can't argue with that ... But personally, I didn't notice anything in the game because I fought with enemies, and didn't count the polygons on the wall ... I don't understand why do you play games if you only care about graphics ??

I just turned off the music, sawed my brain.
You are clearly a fan of AK 47, Guf, etc.

T
Tom x 26.11.21

And yet, do not judge the plot by a couple of missions. It's the same with the gameplay. Here, go through the game first, and only then speak out.

E
Exterminatus 26.11.21

A game about large, walking robots ... - bad graphics, no special effects, no destructibility, robots look like Chinese fakes made of plastic, fresh Transformers and even cooler in this regard. If, of course, someone caught a super atmosphere and deep gameplay with an amazing plot from this game and says that the graphics in a game about large walking robots are not the main thing, then I certainly am nublo, yes ...

T
Tom x 26.11.21

A game about large, walking robots ... - bad graphics, no special effects, no destructibility, robots look like Chinese fakes made of plastic, fresh Transformers and even cooler in this regard.
Go play Crysis or Red Faction - there you have super-graphics and destructibility, and robots look "like living". And here we ask you not to whine about this anymore ...

D
D.Artist 26.11.21

Tom X
I
didn’t know that this trash had defenders ... honestly, it’s not clear what to defend here ...

You don’t understand the plots ...
Are you telling me that? LoL)
I suppose you only play action games ... Otherwise,
you wouldn't have played such crap ... A lot of
Skvar's games have been played in general, why are you so authoritative?
As for the plot, I can make out the accordions in great
detail, if you want.

AND? In all shooters we just run and shoot ... in races we just drive ... In strategies we just build and direct ... What do you need to bring to the gameplay to make it progressive?
Well, yes, of course ... run back and forth, left
to right,
holding down the mouse buttons, and Q / E, periodically releasing, and clicking on the shift ...
If this is the limit for you, then I'm sorry ... the
AI of the enemies is at a minimum, at increased difficulty,
they are just as stupid, but more armor and damage. All
wansers behave exactly the same, no
elaboration of the game outside the wanzer. Have
n't you played Lost Planet ? This is the same low-grade trash, but at
least from the point of view of gameplay everything is made a little more interesting ...
And you are clearly not familiar with the universe and Mechwarrior games,
and of course you will not be able to objectively evaluate
Evolved (because Front Mission is a different game) ...
I just do not feel that I control a combat vehicle,
as if it were a radio-controlled toy robot ...

I ask for multiplayer, comrade :)
In "it" in multiplayer? kmh ... let's just say, for an amateur ...
I advise you to play at least in BF BC2, I doubt
that after that you will again sit down for the gameplay of casual
action games ...

I do not understand why you play games if they are important to you only graphics ??
My graphics were the third item, apparently this does
not mean anything to you, it just kills me that there is a
cant here too ... The action graphics should be
at least at the level. And there is nothing to look at the polygons,
everything is too striking ... But here at least 1
plus, it will pull on weak computers.

You are clearly a fan of AK 47, Guf, etc., etc.
How easy is it for you to judge the muses. tastes of people, welkam in
music studio, if you want to discuss my and your tastes
in music, I doubt it is true that you will withstand criticism

PS In the Crisis and Red Faction, the graphics have not been ice for a long time =)
another LoL