3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Saloknir 28.11.21 12:39 am

Game translation (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Based on the trailers already shown and the gameplay, which voice acting of Geralt did you like best?
72 Comments
Sort by:
k
kolshikk 28.11.21

Bupycop
Actually his name is Herald !!!

D
Downcast4 28.11.21

Allochka92
that's for sure)

B
Bupycop 28.11.21

kolshikk
Geralt *) look at the witcher wiki or google it and make sure that it is "Geralt" that is written everywhere, so you're wrong)

G
Grok tang 28.11.21

Already in the third topic, one issue is discussed. The Russian voice acting was good, but I will have the Polish one with no options. Painfully chic atmosphere, specific jokes, West Slavic fantasy flavor. I watch Game of Thrones in English, but I don’t understand what is the point of playing The Witcher in English if you’re not born in English.

B
Beshens 28.11.21

On the topic of choice, many topics have been created, whether it is the choice of a Yorveth or a Roshe, the murder of Sheala or not, etc., etc. I would like to discuss the choices directly related to voice acting and subtitling. I would like to hear an objective and detailed opinion on this issue. I myself am, of course, a fan of Russian voice acting, nevertheless Russian, like everyone else here, but I doubt the expediency of playing with it. Here's my opinion.
The English voice-over was produced at the headquarters of the CD Project company, which is equivalent to a quality assurance. By quality, I mean the optimal selection of voice actors; then the acting itself, then how much the actor was able to get used to the role of his protégé. In short, all aspects of the voice acting of the characters were taken into account and controlled. The work on the Russian voice acting has already been entrusted to a third-party company, I don't know exactly which one. You can, of course, choose English ozv + russ subs, but I would honestly listen, not read. From all of the above, the question is whether the "third-party company" will be able to maintain the quality bar and be equal in terms of the atmosphere of the English voice acting. Anyone who has any information on this matter - share.

M
Mountain 28.11.21

hahahah interesting topic

T
Tiobat 28.11.21

Russian voice acting will be at the highest level

Z
Zi_Wolf_RIN 28.11.21

only Russian voice acting

g
gfhnjutytp 28.11.21

English voice acting with Russian subtitles. I really want to hear Charles Dance in the role of Emgyr.

A
Arinis 28.11.21

In previous games, the voice acting was excellent, I liked it, and the acting, and their voices and strong words were at the box office. So I worry about the quality in the third part only for censorship, I like to hear the mate where it should be, atmospheric.

M
Maxximka_UA 28.11.21

Another unnecessary topic ... how many guys can you ...

m
mole4ko 28.11.21

I play all games only in English localization, because this is true = P

P
PIRAT69 28.11.21

All markers are different in taste and color !!! How will it come out, try which one you prefer, maybe you finally like Japanese, or maybe Polish or French? Or maybe Russian or German? Or do you still stick to the English voice acting? ... Fortunately, there is a place to roam in the choice ...

A
Ascelladd 28.11.21

English voice acting and Russian subtitles, only Geralt sounds good on videos with Russian voice acting.

S
Sir.Rumata 28.11.21

Lovers of the original should only play in Polish in this case. And the English voice acting in all the witchers was still the bottom.

Y
Yushimitsy 28.11.21

Japanese voice acting and Russian subtitles (you can also use hieroglyphs too).

P
PIRAT69 28.11.21

Yushimitsy
I also like your version ... It's even more hardcore to play with hieroglyphs ...

I
I am Batman 28.11.21

You listen to how the Americans or the British translated Geralt, it makes you feel sick.

K
Kosh13 28.11.21

Mate was left in the Russian voice acting. And this is good.
Otherwise, our localization would have lost all meaning.

M
MKUltra 28.11.21

I am for Russian voice acting. English. there was enough voice acting and Russian subtitles in GTA 5, it's time to take a break ... until GTA 6.