3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sir.Rumata 05.12.21 12:13 am

Impressions of the game [v.2] (Total War: Rome 2)

Old topic 1. Overflowing 2. And it is overflowing with nifiga not with impressions, but with bickering of impressionable and apparently aggressive people. Be quiet, do not swear, write your opinion about the game, and peacefully discuss its sides, pros and cons. But peacefully, do not get personal, everyone has a subjective opinion and everyone has the right to count as he wants, no need to persuade, concisely express your point of view. And that's all, but PEACEFULLY, WITHOUT OFFENSES, WITHOUT. OK? OK.
I will clean the topic.
Old thread: http://forums.playground.ru/total_war_rome_2/793711/
129 Comments
Sort by:
B
Barefoot 05.12.21

I have already played 30 hours and I can say that Rim2 is the best part and evolution of the TW series, after the recent patches that rule everything and everyone, the game finally deserves the mark that Peguet put, the only thing I would like is a better optimization.

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

So it seems to me too. I only played 50 hours and it's too early to draw conclusions, but so far it is really the best, at first impression.

a
aleksandr 123 05.12.21

I played ROME 2 and returned back to ROME SERRECTUM 2. Of the pluses, only the graphics, the rest sucks!
Sucks 1. During a siege, you can stupidly set fire to the gate and the city in your pocket. And where is the need for an assault ?! And where are the 3, 4 moves to create siege machines !? rave.
Sucks 2. You imagine an ancient city without walls. Aerobatics of developers' idiocy.
Sucks 3. 1 move one year. Caesar conquered all of Gaul in 3 years, and I only need 3 years to reach it. Absurd!
Sucks 4. Battles have lost their former power and entertainment! Tell me what you can have time to admire in 4 - 8 minutes, this is with a full army then!
In short, the ad was 100 times better than the game. I recommend ROME SERRECTUM 2 to everyone.

a
aleksandr 123 05.12.21

The game sucks. Moderator purchased!

B
Barefoot 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR
There is a bit too much shit in you, young lady, that there is such a craving for shit. Can you have these days? He does the right thing, that he removes the off-topic and srach dilute ..

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR
You're right. We are defending an underdeveloped game. But there are only 2 flaws - optimization and AI (hello to the shogun empair). And oh god, Rome is completely playable.

G
GyJIeBeR 05.12.21

READ CAREFULLY.
And I'm not happy with the fact that they removed almost the rollers, videos of floods and their
effect on the global map, just broken buildings and green grass, although there was a fire ... are getting old, although everything that I have listed was already in 1 Rome, it is not clear why everything was removed, + 1 move-1 year in the same shogun it was beautiful in autumn in spring, cherry trees, etc. .. and here on the new engine they could turn everything more beautifully in the end every year there is summer, and winter is only in the north. in the mountains. and even more I can add a lot of things, again I will repeat from such small-scale game and it is being built. part of the wonders of the world is missing, the Gali city took over Rome, it was rebuilt and the Gali city still stands.
the weight of the game is 19 gigs with the declared 35, and the remaining 16 gigs will be paid, remember my words, so it will be
people paid H number of rubles for 35 gigs, and got 19! not ****?
and again have to add to get the remaining 16 gigs. I have written on the imperial edition 35 gigs on my hard drive, but in fact only 19, why should I still pay for what should already be with me ??
Well, and stupid AI although bragging about the new AI, etc.
Again, the underworked Senate, the events of which do not seem to affect the gemlei .. here they sell wine, there the leader pulled out his sword .. one dust in his eyes. and the game is not yet playable. And I don’t see me. I’m killing me dry, and I don’t see me and doesn’t see me during the defense. Dies like a ram in thousands trying to get through one gate .. You’re interested in playing like this, I don’t have when the city can be recaptured by 4 squads, by killing a full army of AI. is it playable?
How much did you get paid to keep silent about the clumsiness of the game? :) I would like that.

Curd ... now it's your turn.

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR Okay. The
small details are all purely personal. The topic is called the impression of the game and you talked about them. Although such chips as finally the limitation on the armies (now a small country will not have inexhaustible manpower). The introduction of food and garbage cans (sounds stupid, but you need to manage the provinces). Landing from ships only in certain places and much more interrupts all those really small details of the first rome.
Well, we already started talking about AI. In general, the computer is better than the previous parts. There are critical bugs, but the patches do the job.
And tell us about your 4 squads in more detail. Maybe you fought off the peasants with praetorians. Then it’s no surprise that you cut the entire enemy army. And if you fought off the elite infantry with 4 squads of peasants, then you used an AI bug (I wonder which one, I had that 7 squads I fought off a full army, but then I lost, although the resin from the gate killed many enemies) And it has already been written about this that we will have to wait for patches.

Again, while I was writing, you edited the text. Enough, leave it as it is) If you edit, then only grammatical errors.
Answer to what you added.
Yes, there are 16 free gigs. And the developers said that the game will have paid DLC. Unfortunately, it's fashionable to do this, it's not only a problem for creatives. And the fact that the developers want to squeeze the maximum money out of the brand is quite logical, albeit a little piggy.
They didn't pay me how much =) Maybe others were paid, but unfortunately I didn't

G
GyJIeBeR 05.12.21

It’s easy with 4 delights of the city militia, I put it in a moonlight and that's it. SOOOOO EASY EASY TO WIN not including a glitch with such a stupid and that goes like a locomotive in one gate to kill 4-6 maximum detachments, calmly endure 15-20 army. I wrote about the details that were in 1 Rome: the aging of the characters after 50 years, he is gray-haired .. how can it be removed .. Or the textures of the flood of fire, all this must have removed a lot of resources. But what about 35 declared gigs, but in fact 19 why I still have to pay for what should be?
Those. this is normal, I sell products for example a film, it takes 2 hours, it is written on the packaging, but in fact it takes an hour and the rest you will buy in addition for an additional fee! I hope they will be served in America and .. the company will greatly regret it

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR
I put one detachment of triarii a little further from the gate in a "square" battle formation. The rest are on the sides. When the enemy breaks through, he runs to this detachment with his whole army, and as a result, with those detachments that I attack from the side to the rear, good in Rome 2 an attack to the rear has become much more effective, but against a full army, everything will not help at all, although such a tactic devours a lot of enemies.
Because of you, my tea has gone cold XD

F
Fitterr 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR
people paid H number of rubles for 35 gigs, and got 19! not ****?
Amused :)
Only you forgot to add at the end of your opus - IMHO.
Yes, this is your opinion and should be respected. But it's yours.
The game is not a masterpiece, but it plays well and plays well. This is one of the best strategies released recently ....
Oddly enough, many disagree with you, look at the statistics of visits to the game on Steam.
"The mice cried, injected themselves - but they continued to eat the cactus"

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR
I said everything. All these small details are interrupted by innovations.
Unless why didn’t make 4 moves = a year. Half an hour business.

Z
Zardonic_i_am 05.12.21

I played on Pts of high difficulty a show-off up to 34 moves and I'm tired of it! the enemy is so stupid that his armies are simply dying of hunger and does NOTHING
about pumping agents of the commanders, and so they said - they die like flies,
no one attacked me even at the moment when my army was the least strong in the region
diplomacy ... pacts Even treacherous factions with a negative attitude did not violate non-aggression,
everything pleasant in the game lies in attacking half-dead stubs of underdeveloped imbits with your super-modern army and vainly observing how these stubs scatter from you in panic in the very first minute of the battle.
in general, thanks, I better go to games from paradoxes, I drive, although there are no manual battles.

G
GyJIeBeR 05.12.21

Enough to delete my posts already, ... The game was made easier in comparison with the previous games in the series, this can be seen at first glance. In order to get more money, the CA decided to simplify the gameplay for a larger number of younger consumers,

B
Bianor 05.12.21

Most of all, the giant armies are pissed off by unicellular organisms. Filthy Blemmia in Ethiopia. One cell. THREE full-stack armies! Seleucids revived after being completely cut. One cell. Four armies, two ships and three agents! Around the city there is nowhere for an apple to fall, everything is studded with flags! What is it like?! How did they not die of hunger?

Greyhounds to the stop AI states. They crawl into the empire that stretches from the Atlantic to the Caspian and demand money to trade in olive oil, which is already filled up!

Herds of fleets at every rebel port. At the same time, attack the city from the land nizzzza!

In the battle against the rebels, all factions for some reason are allies. Even if your worst enemy is nearby, if he attacks not you, but the rebels, you participate in the battle as an ally.

Well, everyone has already seen the sudden disappearance of the havchik - there were 122, there were no events or new buildings, suddenly bam! Already 75. Where did the fifty-kopeck piece go? Did the mice gobble up or got wet?

Stationary 6allists are scarier than the basilisks in Medivel. In a city without walls, four squads of stationary ballistae with explosive shells take out any army with any reinforcements. The main thing is to immediately keep the cavalry, from all four sides, in order to catch and crush those fleeing from the city.

PS
Who can guess why in the word "6allists" instead of "B" there is a six?

T
Tvorozhok 05.12.21

GyJIeBeR Well,
yes, it's so easy to play that we made mods for cleaning food and garbage cans.

O
Oleg Chorny 05.12.21

All patches here are constantly waiting for some. Will they really change the whole essence of dibiloid actions of AI? It is necessary to rewrite the whole game! In general, by and large, I was waiting for Rome 2, hoping to see BEAUTIFUL, TENSE, EPIC BATTLES: in everything, in the enemy's AI on the strat. / Tactical map, diplomacy, economy, in the combat mechanics of each soldier. And here you can write miles of pages swearing.
It's still okay in the field. But the actions of the AI ​​for the siege / defense of cities, it's just a .......... c.
WHY make such super beautiful, really interesting cities, if they are protected by a half-dead garrison (why should the AI ​​factions make such difficulties, I have no one to fight stupidly, they exhale often completely. It's just that I should have different force majeure so that I, a human being, break head on building an empire-army. AI CAN'T COPE with something like that).

Are these huge cities for multiplayer games with people? And I just want to see up close, on pauses, the actions of different soldiers, different units under different circumstances. And where are the fights ?????????????? 7 Sailing melee shit of pushing, frantically running AI all over the map? AI, bastard, in full combat attire, runs kilometers faster than a horse (where is there a semblance of realism in everything ???????????????), breaks the formation, some kind of nozzle spreads over mine (or mine from him).
I do not see the tension of the fight even at the micro level of the battle.
I was not expecting THIS !!!! And not on a grid to cut with real people from a bird's-eye view in this city / field, where you can't see an individual soldier, you can't pause, you can't move the camera to look close at the long-exhausting tension of soldiers in Rubilov. THIS IS THE BEAUTY of a game like this (in addition to all the tactical and strategic components).
You can write a lot about different points. It's just that evil takes. As if there was not before this LONG history of the creation of Rome, Medivil, Empire and so on.

O
Oleg Chorny 05.12.21

(Continued) ...
When you suddenly attack from their border immediately on the city with a simultaneous declaration of war, then there is still some kind of battle. But when I declared war in advance, hoping that they would tear off the ass from the city by armies, they would try to attack by sea / land, an intrigue would appear, nothing followed. They are standing, dying quietly from hunger further (or they are not hungry, they are still standing).
I am preparing, struggling with the economy, collecting an army balanced for the assault on a BIG city, all sorts of ballistae. I spend time pumping technology to reduce siege losses by 40% while building assault guns under the city. And in anticipation of a SUPER battle, I pull myself up along their large walls. And what do I see? They stupidly sit on ships and the whole mass of shit in the sea ????? And they have not 100 cities, only one, and there is no need to defend it? In a stupor, I take the city, slaughtering several half-starved garrison cripples.
And then they begin to land at random from the sea and with some shit gangs trying to recapture their only capital ???? Walls are NOT NECESSARY at all in the game. AI does not normally protect / attack them, does not build siege weapons.
Everything for him is tied to stupid checkpoints with victory flags (he doesn't need siege / defense tactics at all). Shit will die in mass at these gates, that's the whole game with AI ??????????????
Those. developed all pushing to play with people all only ????
Yes, HOW can you play with people in a big CORRECT assault / siege, if in this huge city you do not have time to control the troops in different directions because of the shit of the second melee (I set the battle settings to high, but the AI ​​in the battle is not at all resistant at all).
Now I have to take Panticopey (our Kerch) on assignment, I play for Pontus. And I'm afraid to scare them away from the city, as it just happened to Bithynia. The fool had declared war on them in advance, so that Trebizond should occupy my allies with something while I deal with Bithynia. I try to offer peace with diplomacy in order to attack at least the whole mass in the city, then suddenly they don't want to, but I see their troops are already starting to prepare again to tear their claws from the city ??????????

Those. You can't declare war in advance, just try to play Blitz Krieg yourself ?!
I myself, except for the rebels, no one attacks AT ALL! No global intrigue, invasions of barbarians, war on many fronts initiated by AI ???? Only you ONE pump wax, man? AI to the place of gadgets in the game with all sorts of special buildings to strengthen the troops / fleet. (Again, there is only a grid with people, only they are pushed to play with them in everything ...)

So what? Will CA be hundreds of patches to rule the very essence of AI actions in thousands of cases at macro-micro levels?
I do not believe! Some bugs will rule by and large (i.e. AI wax from the city will not be allowed to tick, but shit torches, without a well-thought-out siege / defense will remain; without normal tactical street battles, and not SHIT MASS? ..., without big wars on the seas, etc.?)

Z
Zardonic_i_am 05.12.21

Oleg Chorny
Now I have to take Panticopey (our Kerch) on an assignment, I play for Pontus. And I'm afraid not to scare them away from the city
=)) I lost my army there for the first time in full force =)))
do not play guys in total var under beer =)))

G
GyJIeBeR 05.12.21

Oleg Chorny
that's right, I wrote the same thing before .. and they told me to put the difficulty higher .. Everyone is satisfied with such an AI, there is no need to think in one hand a mouse in the other hamburger.
Just checked out in custom battle !! gave the AI ​​siege weapons, and he went to break the gates with torches ... this is insanity
The game is made for feeble-minded kids apparently