3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nerofox 09.12.21 10:48 pm

LAT and PING (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)

Tell me what is LAT and how to find out what kind of PING I have, where to look at this ???
198 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER777 09.12.21

MAN.
LAT = 2-10 I have never seen such severs at all. Maybe the zero is missing.

When searching, the average ping is displayed, which you will have. Ie you have a ping of 2-10?

K
KA1LER 09.12.21

It seems that LAT, indicated in the search for servers, has a value equal to the time spent searching for this server ... Ie. search only. And on the server itself, it is already a completely different value. I don't know much about networks, if I said nonsense - please do not throw your slippers.

W
WANTED174 09.12.21

VETER777
Well, there are people who have almost zero ping. If you haven't seen such a small ping, maybe you just live somewhere far from the server? For example, in CS: S, when I go to a server with a ping of 40, then in the game the average will be 30-60.

a
adsl2010 09.12.21

people tell me why my lag? especially in the evening the speed of the Internet is 256 kbps

H
Hippie_Dog 09.12.21

adsl2010
Speed ​​is low . The more people on the server, the more lags. But it is in the evening that there are most people. There is only one way out - change the tariff to a faster one.

D
D.Artist 09.12.21

I have 2mb / s and ping is not ice, 110-150 on non-lagging
servers, so a good Internet is needed for BK2.

Y
Yohoho amigo 09.12.21

I'm playing with 230+ ping on a 3G modem. It's okay. =)

E
Edward720 09.12.21

Today I played with a ping of ~ 62 (the one in the game) O_o

a
adsl2010 09.12.21

Agent00Sasha
oh if I could ...

g
godOFslaves 09.12.21

Lat = ping + 66
66 is the transit time of the signal from the client to the server (2 times 33).
When you are looking for a server, it shows ping, not latency.
When I went to the game shows already latens

[b] Ping does not does not depend on the channel width, and even on the workload. [/ B]
So that even though you have a 1 Gbps at least 1Mbit difference nobody notices, unless of course you live in kakoynit Well @ ne and everything is to blame for the backbone of your provider.
It is no longer possible to play with a ping of more than 100, this is a delay of 1 second = (
Write on the forums of your providers so that they put servers battles and you will be happy

m
mister611 09.12.21

King of Shutov
It is no longer possible to play with a ping of more than 100, this is a delay of 1 second = (you certainly bent a little)) 100ms is 0.1 seconds, so don't scare people too much.

i
iM9CO 09.12.21

The channel width affects only the amount of information that you receive from the server per unit of time, as mentioned above, the ping depends only on the highways to which your provider is connected

g
godOFslaves 09.12.21

Wrong = (
BUT playing with ping more than 100 is no longer pleasant

D
D.Artist 09.12.21

BUT playing with a ping of more than 100 is no longer pleasant
sometimes yes, but for example,
I somehow got used to it, system lags kill me a lot more ...

I noticed this crap a couple of times: The
enemy is slipping on the spot, everyone else is running
as it should, me too ... I shoot at him, he fills with blood
, 100 rounds of lead are already in the body (under the
weight I should have fallen =), after 3 seconds it hangs down,
and they write me a kill. Does this mean that high ping makes
humans so bulletproof 0_o?

g
godOFslaves 09.12.21

Sometimes people whose ping drops sharply begin to teleport in space. It happens to be running disappeared - appeared after 10 meters. BUT on all servers there is almost already a script that kicks people with a ping of over500.

after 3 seconds it hangs down,
and they write me a kill.
Then it's probably you have lags

W
WANTED174 09.12.21

Well, you got drunk ... Ping = 100 they do not like. In the server browser, my ping = 80, and in the game LAT = 200. It plays well.

a
adsl2010 09.12.21

ping does not depend on Internet speed!

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

The average ping in the game is 40-60, there is no point in playing at more.
adsl2010 Are you funny !!! Well, it doesn’t depend, it doesn’t depend like that =)
In fact, I had a case with the smilie provider. I used to play counter, with an average ping of 10-15, like that time the next day, the ping became 80 (for counter, this is already worse than a man without a penis), called the provider, asked what they say happened, and they told me that changed the German equipment in my house for some kind of Chinese crap in order to save money, since in my house little is connected to this provider. Here's another topic for discussion.

D
D.Artist 09.12.21

King of Jesters,
how then did all the others
move about him normally?
I did not have time to look at his ping, at the most stable, it
does not rise above 180.

Denisjkeee
zh0pa ... didn't you send them there by chance? ;)

a
adsl2010 09.12.21

Denisjkeee
I'm just talking about what many here say because of the ping speed is bad
, I have no ping below 250 = although in search of servers it says that there is a ping of 30