3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nerofox 09.12.21 10:48 pm

LAT and PING (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)

Tell me what is LAT and how to find out what kind of PING I have, where to look at this ???
198 Comments
Sort by:
P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

adsl2010
then what do you think ping depends on !?
curiously simple!

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

ZAAp41
In general terms, ping (lat) depends solely on the remoteness of your "machine" from the server. Let's say if the equipment of your provider is located in Berlin, and you yourself are in Moscow, you will receive a large ping.
And I also suspect that ping depends on the bandwidth of the channel as a whole, since although many providers write that the speed is admissible, up to 100 megabits, in fact, a narrow 10 megabit channel is brought into your entrance.

D.Artist [Velvet Room ]
And the point is to send the Moscow region? =) They don’t care about Muscovites, he’s a fool =) Just the next day I switched to Corbina (now it’s billine), for 4 years now I haven’t been sitting, don’t believe I haven’t even broken the network, but now I’m using a router, as I connected it 3 months ago, I never rebooted and did not pull the cords from the outlet (well, who used it, will understand) =)

P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

Denisjkeee
but from the bandwidth and your speed starts!
That is, you want to tell me: (Berlin, and you yourself are in Moscow, get a big ping) what if I have a speed of 1mb / s or 10mb / s, there will be no difference in ping !?

a
adsl2010 09.12.21

ZAAp41
from the quality of the provider's equipment + from the distance from the server,
although the ping will not change at 100500 Gb / s

P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

I have an Internet 1mb / sec during the day, 2 at night,
and the ping is, respectively, different. how can you explain it !?

V
VETER777 09.12.21

ZAAp41 By
loading the provider's equipment and the general network

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

ZAAp41
Apparently you will not be able to explain it in public language. OK =)
See what ping is.
Ping is the response time of your packet directed to the server.
Lat is the time delay when your packet runs through the gateways and arrives at that server. where he needs, and comes back!
Regarding the speed, I would like to say that it depends only on the width of your channel, but in fact it cannot influence the ping and lat, you understand?
The fact that you have a difference day and night just says that your channel is overloaded during the day, it is just "thin" and is not able to select an Internet for "everyone" ... here =)

P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

Denisjkeee
aha =))
I have such an Internet, because the tariff is "day-night", and not from overload!
ok guys., relax =)
I never got the right answer!

J
Jackson [x] 09.12.21

They wrote some Kuyni, you can see who likes BC2 right away, but I'm not talking about that. (Or in the local Iron, so it is written ???)
1) ping - a utility for checking connections in networks based on TCP / IP.
2) And what you are talking about here is called LAS (delay in the passage of information between a computer and a computer network or server)

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

G. Castel
And you are clearly an enlightened person, well, since ping is a utility, then I'm a ballerina.
I understand if you said that this is a command in windows-start-run-cmd .... n yes .... I advise you not to read Wikipedia anymore, but to figure out for yourself how TCP / IP networks work and how they work , gateways, routers, hubs, bridges, switches ....
ZAAp41 what's the difference between a tariff or a channel's capabilities? If there is a tariff, then they programmatically change your speed, if it is a channel overload, then physically =) And about the correct answer, I told you everything.

P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

I didn’t get enough sleep, or the skis didn’t go. ... ...
adsl2010
23.11.10 10:35 ping does not depend on Internet speed!
ZAAp41
11.24.10 12:22 pm I have an Internet 1MB / sec during the day, 2 at night,
and the ping is accordingly different. how can you explain it !?
that was the question, and not why I have such an Internet =)

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

ZAAp41
And you read between the lines, if you were told that it doesn’t depend on it, I’m trying to fuss with you and say the same thing, what is the conclusion?
Maybe you have a stereotype? =) Ping your provider day and night, then everything will be clear.

P
PAWEEL 09.12.21

hmm, maybe you're right (at the expense of the stereotype), BUT,

I have an Internet 1mb / sec during the day, 2 at night,
and the ping is different,
okay, let's go.

J
Jackson [x] 09.12.21

Denisjkeee -Every subject has a clear wording. I just explained what ping and lag are by definition, so that people would not have questions.
And you are clearly an enlightened person - The same compliment, I can tell you.
... I advise -And with advice, in the course yes, where?

_
_oZzy_ 09.12.21

It is strange, but when I play on our servers with a ping of 60-70-80, the lags are stronger than when I play
on foreign servers with a ping of 120-150.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Threat
channel I have 10 megabits in both directions, Yandex, for example, pinged in packets of 32 bytes
at intervals of 3-6 ms without loss.

A
AxeLite 09.12.21

_oZzy_, it's simple. This is a fucking fortim.

O
Ostap_Bender 09.12.21

not so buggy these fortim.

D
Denisjkeee 09.12.21

G.
Castel You are a vulnerable guy, do not be offended, please.
Outlined by definition ... yeah =)
Evil_niger
I agree, but there are buggy exceptions.

R
Rioda 09.12.21

I have 1000 kb per second. Which one is more optimal to play?

S
SexInstructor 09.12.21

how to reduce ping ???