3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mass Effect87 10.12.21 01:21 am

strange work of the computer in games

bought a computer a year ago, but began to use it a month ago because I was leaving for another city
config:
mother - MSI Z 97 PC Mate
percent - i5 4690k 3.5 gg
hdd - WD Black 1 TB
sdd - A-Data 128 GB
video - GTX 970 msi 4 g gamind
16 gigs DDR 3 Corsair Vergeance 2x 8 GB
block - Thermaltake 700 watts

there are a lot of problems ... in some games textures
often flicker freezes, I certainly understand that many games are not optimized, but almost every second game freezes
and I often watch let-displays noticed that with a similar configuration and settings, I miss about 20 frames per second
Example .... comparing my computer while playing with exactly the same parameters, I have 30-40 fps lower! I can give other examples if necessary
, what could be the matter? marriage of a processor or card
or poor bandwidth of the mother
Windows rearranged the drivers tried different things
especially nothing changes
116 Comments
Sort by:
p
pekabir 10.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
old games and shouldn't freeze. stupidly breaking the frame horizontally and squeaking of throttles occurs. or the acceleration of the game itself, as in saints row 2 and san andreas

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

pekabir
Chokes whistle if the FPS is far beyond 200. And if the video has 120 FPS, and if it has 30-40 less, then this is not normal.

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust
120fps on 60 hertz monitor?

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

pekabir
Karta still processes frames, no? And if the video has 60 frames, and he has 40, will you stop picking on Monica?

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust The
card still processes frames, no?
idle, reducing performance

And if the video has 60 frames, and he has 40, you will stop carping with Monica?
This passenger never wrote how many frames he had there, but yes, I will stop.

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

idle baker
, reducing productivity
What do you mean by productivity? If you limit the frame rate, the card will be idle and may drop frequencies. Without limitation, it will work to its fullest.

This passenger never wrote how many frames he had there, but yes, I will stop.
Take this by default, or something. 30-40 frames is a pretty long run.

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust
If you limit the frame rate, the card will be idle and may drop the frame rate.
pf, so don't put a limit on 30fps.

Without limitation, it will work to its fullest.
But what's the point if the monitor will show 60 frames?

30-40 frames is a pretty long run.
empty numbers not attached to anything

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

pekabir
pf, so don't put a limit on 30fps.
So that's not the point, different games consume resources in different ways. For some game and 15% GPU load for 60 frames is enough. This is not the point.

But what's the point if the monitor will show 60 frames?
And what does the monitor have to do with it? If ideally there should be 100 frames, and he has 60, this is not normal. This is what we are talking about, why do you incline the conversation to the monitor all the time?

empty numbers are not tied to anything
comparing your computer during the game with exactly the same indicators, I have 30-40 fps lower!
The card, obviously not because of the monitor, produces fewer frames.

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust
why do you incline the conversation to the monitor all the time?
go google to start. The

map, obviously not because of the monitor, produces fewer frames.

vsync on a 120 hertz monitor will limit the frame rate to 120 for example.
what is still not clear? Or should I write you in bold?

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

pekabir
Are you stoned? Let's simplify the task. Take a car for example. There is a car, the maximum speed of which is 320 km / h, but for a person, the same car, accelerates only up to 240 km / h. Well, you're already talking about why you need 240 km / h, if only 110 is allowed on the roads? What difference does it make if he doesn't see more than 60 frames? He cares why his productivity is lower.

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust
you some kind of bad. if the car is driving at a maximum speed of 60 km / h, and you are trying to accelerate it to 200

What is the difference that he does not see more than 60 frames? He cares why his productivity is lower.
the height of stupidity! you stubbornly defend the rights of others, without even knowing how many frames there are. stoned!

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

you some bad baker . if the car travels with a maximum speed of 60 km / h, and you are trying to accelerate it to 200.
Quite the opposite happens.

the height of stupidity! you stubbornly defend the rights of others, without even knowing how many frames there are. stoned!
And you stubbornly assert about Monica, although he has nothing to do with it. I also brought in vertical sync.

defending other people's rights
I am not defending anything, I don’t understand why you persist in repeating about the monitor. If he cares about the performance in the game, not the frame rate on the monitor. Or do you think 60Hz on the monitor is related to game performance?

p
pekabir 10.12.21

Givemethedust
you stubbornly keep repeating about Monica, although he has nothing to do with it.
forcibly understate the screen refresh rate to 24Hz in the settings and measure it in the afterburner with the power on. fucked up with his humanitarianism

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.21

pekabir

PM on 570GTX)))

p
pekabir 10.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
cut it in for a start. otherwise I can also make a screen from quake1, where> 1000fps

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.21

Pekabir
vsink cut for a start. otherwise I can also make a screen from quake1, where> 1000fps
Why? I didn’t play quake. I don’t care

M
MKUltra 10.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
Nichosi gtx570 stove, 69 degrees in the Shadow of Chernobyl at 730 MHz

p
pekabir 10.12.21

I even dug up an article on purpose, where all the shit is described in a barefoot language:
Spoiler
http://www.compdoc.ru/comp/video/vertical_synchronizing/
For example, a monitor operates at 75 Hz, and a video card generates one hundred frames per second in a game. In other words, the graphics accelerator is about a third faster than the monitor refresh system. During the update of one screen, the map generates 1 frame and a third of the next - as a result, two-thirds of the current frame is drawn on the display, and its third is replaced by the third frame of the next one. During the next update, the map manages to generate two-thirds of the frame and two-thirds of the next, and so on. On the monitor, in every two out of three scanning cycles, we observe a third of the image from another frame - the picture loses its smoothness and "jerks". This defect is especially noticeable in dynamic scenes or, for example, when your character is looking around in the game.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.21

King of the World
In Buner, 1% rpm to 1 °

G
Givemethedust 10.12.21

pekabir
And so it is clear that the frequency will be limited to 24 frames. But how is this related to the fact that he has less performance in the game? In Game! I will highlight it in bold, not on the monitor. Why are you hanging on to the monitor? The game works worse.