3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
King of Games 10.12.21 10:44 pm

What do you think of the published system requirements for Fallout 4? (Fallout 4)

System requirements Fallout 4
Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz / AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB / AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
Your opinion.
126 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexandrovitch 10.12.21

Black Desert requires less. Crooked-handed Americans are completely anagle, at the end of this year

D
DapyyD 10.12.21

Now, if everyone will make games with good optimization, so that, as you all want, ultra settings pulled the i3 with a 950 card for 60 frames, then who will buy the top-end hardware? It will not be needed by anyone, well, practically. So don't expect anything good, it's just business

s
solus. 10.12.21

GRiDOX

(audience laughter) "Straight-handed" Perm Russians are indignant because they cannot afford to buy a computer that will normally run a game made by "curved" American developers. What should I say to them? Just one thing: play Russian nesting dolls. They are wooden and do not require any upgrade.

A
Alexandrovitch 10.12.21

solus.
As if something is thriving in Moscow in terms of profits, this year demand is set to fall for PCs and older electronics. Now the course of affairs is not entirely clear, then it has now started to fall, then it will start to rise sharply again **** !!!

p
pochtipushkin 10.12.21

Yegor Mazurik
This tenth grader, I think, should be advised to thank God for what he has, while he does not have his own income, to wait until he comes of age and start earning at least some money.
Tears are clearly not going to help anything here. And there is no one to blame and there is no need. Not all parents have millionaires. And just do, too, I have a problem. ...

E
Egor Mazurik 10.12.21

pochtipushkin
Yes, in principle, I don’t blame anyone, but in general you’re right.

J
Jack ONeill 10.12.21

What I think?
Requirements as requirements. Back in 2012, I installed 16Gb of RAM, the overclocked percentage is also no worse than the recommended Core i7 4790.
Here is the fact that the video card corresponds to the minimum - it is a little annoying, but judging by the fact that 550Ti is enough from green, HD7870 was written there from the bulldozer and in the medium tall she will not pull.

In general, I do not understand what people who are still sitting with 4 gigs of RAM want? Yes, they put so much in office typewriters now.
Such a volume in 2006 was relevant for a gaming PC.

l
lokkie 10.12.21

Back in 2012, I installed the RAM 16Gb. I'm even embarrassed to ask, but what is the drain?

J
Jack ONeill 10.12.21

lokkie
For compilation. More precisely, compile-time caching. At that time, 8 was enough, but I took it with a margin.
And I still don't need such a volume for my projects, but I had to install it to build fresh versions of gcc.

A
Alexander Brusnitsyn 10.12.21

Very kind
enough call of duty blac ops requires 6 minemums from me 4 normally fps 48

L
LeopoldoMendoza 10.12.21

System requirements are not about anything, I had such a computer last year.
Hopefully they don't get it right with sli support.

l
lokkie 10.12.21

Jack ONeill
At that time 8 was enough
It is 8 enough for any moment, or rather 6t. Open the resource monitor in Windows, and see what is drawn there. Winda works with a maximum of 6 gigs, the rest in idle time.
They write 8, in the requirements, because many motherboards, especially budget ones, have only two memory slots. You can't stick 6GB in them, only 4, or 8. And for users of home windows, that is, noobs, of which the vast majority in the world, in particular on PeG, write 8GB.

M
Multihellmen 10.12.21

lokkie
Especially now I went to the manager
Spoiler
Open 7 chrome tabs, a couple of programs and that's it.
Well, where are your 6 GB?

J
Jack ONeill 10.12.21

lokkie
And if you read the answer and not flip through it, it will become clear that this is not about windows at all.

s
solus. 10.12.21

Multihellmen
Man, I don’t know how to dirtiest your computer with viruses so that it eats up your memory for no reason. I am currently working in Eclipse with a java project, listening to music, reading your post and for some reason I have at most 3 gigs ... "What am I doing wrong?" ;)

Spoiler

M
Multihellmen 10.12.21

solus.
Clean system with no running programs.
I have no idea where you saw "a lot of viruses", etc.

s
solus. 10.12.21

Multihellmen
answer to the question:
I have no idea where you saw "a lot of viruses", etc.
in your own cue:
Opened 7 chrome tabs, a couple of programs and that's it.
and illustrations for it;)

S
SandSkrem 10.12.21

Yes, in any way, even the characteristics are overestimated.

M
Multihellmen 10.12.21

solus.
Okay, blame it on my stupidity or my pitch.
Now the same situation, eats 3.5 GB.

M
Mikhail Kozinsky 10.12.21

Givemethedust in the meaning
?