3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dark corsair 11.12.21 12:32 am

Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain (Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes)

It looks like the VGA 12 trailer for The Phantom Pain has served its purpose by confusing all MG fans with false truths. Hats off to maestro Hideo, who has surpassed himself.

So let's put everything in its place, and see what actually happened.

I The Phantom Pain is the debut project of Moby Dick Studios. An

almost detective story took place at today's Spike Video Game Awards 2012 in Los Angeles. It all started with the video preview of The Phantom Pain, which immediately raised questions from both the public and journalists.

The essence of the action-packed video: the main character wakes up in the hospital after a coma and discovers that he can hardly move, and his left arm is generally amputated. But this is far from his biggest problem, since unknown heavily armed soldiers are running around the hospital and diligently exterminating all patients. Why, you yourself can see everything from the eleventh minute of the official broadcast of the ceremony, which was hosted by actor Samuel L. Jackson.

The announcement is unusual and interesting, however, most of all surprised by the game developer: studio Moby Dick with a logo in the form of a white whale tail. Why surprised? Because no one knows that! Its official website is clean, fresh and empty - there are only a couple of words that the studio is from Stockholm, and it was founded by a certain Joakim Mogren, who had previously worked for American game companies for a long time. Of course, no one has heard of such a game designer either.

Naturally, the journalists, sensing the riddle, immediately made a stand and began detective work. It was soon revealed that the developers in The Phantom Pain / Moby Dick Studios T-shirts were not found somewhere, but in the Konami VIP section. No, but evidence!

II Main character and scene

The video has also undergone close analysis. A lot of interesting things came to light. At the beginning of the video, the hallucinating hero sees white petals from the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3. The protagonist's face is covered with a bandage, but the scar on his face resembles the scar from the portraits of Naked Snake / Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes announced in August. The man in the flames turned out to be similar to the famous MGS3 hero Evgeny Volgin. And the name of the founder of the non-existent Swedish studio Joakim is an anagram of the name of Kojima Hideo, the "father" of the MGS series.

III Title

Players and journalists did not stop there and continued to unearth evidence after evidence. But the final point was the analysis of the “The Phantom Pain” logo at the end of the video. Behind a row of letters, a barely noticeable second row appeared, in which the words "Metal Gear Solid V" fit perfectly.

At the end of all of the above, I will share my own opinion. Perhaps not everyone remembers one extremely insignificant thing that sounded in an interview with Hideo Kojima regarding Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Maestro Kojima defined the Ground Zeroes subtitle shown in the demo. From his words, it follows that Ground Zeroes is nothing more than the title of a plot chapter (prologue), which took place during the demonstration of the gameplay of the game.

Now let's take a look at the story of the Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain demo. Everything shown is nothing more than another chapter of Metal Gear Solid V. Apparently this episode takes place in the form of a dream or a nightmare of Snake, or an attempt to get into his mind, in the manner of Psycho Mantis or Sorrow.

If, after all the evidence given, I could not convince you of the connection between Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Well, let's look at the other side, in Ground Zeroes there was already a reference to The Phantom Pain.

64 Comments
Sort by:
r
rozil 11.12.21

Hideo is the only developer in the world who could arrange such an intrigue) He himself watched this process of guessing with great interest.
... Ground Zeroes is nothing more than the title of a plot chapter (prologue), which took place during the demonstration of the gameplay of the game.
Wow, but I obviously missed it. On the one hand, I would like the public to finally be presented with a full-fledged, 5th part, but on the other hand, the mind suggests that if this is it, and not an offshoot, as was supposed at the beginning, then most likely it will be released on the PlayStation 4, that in my opinion it will be extremely inconvenient, because:
- Firstly, the console itself is new, for sure at first there will be more than a dozen problems with it.
- Second, in order to avoid these problems, you will have to postpone its purchase, which will automatically delay the game itself in MGS5.
- And finally, Big Boss will make us fork out pretty well, since now we need to add to the cost of the new MGS - the cost of the new PS. Where the total amount, in my opinion, will range from 20,000 to 25,000 thousand rubles.

J
Jarud 11.12.21

Dark Corsair
Again rumors (albeit plausible), where are the facts, the official confirmation? Let's just wait for news of the game and stop guessing.

r
rozil 11.12.21

jarud
... I hope you yourself will understand that your message sounded at least stupid, so that you don't have to go into an explanation of the "why".

J
Jarud 11.12.21

rozil
I'm also a supporter of these rumors, but this ifa is already everywhere - is there any point in copying it over and over again? It would be better if they wrote something new, but if there is nothing about the game, then let's wait.

r
rozil 11.12.21

jarud
well, that's why it is news in order to subject it to mass copy-paste. also this theme was created back in December last year, just when the trailer for The Phantom Pain appeared, which confirms its relevance. If you are so confused by my late repost, then I have bad news - this is a forum, mostly there is a discussion, not waiting for games) numerous topics "what would you like ..." are confirmation of this.

J
Jarud 11.12.21

rozil
And damn it, I did not notice the date)) and it really turned out stupid ..
Well, all the same, we discussed a lot in blogs and in the news, apparently that's why there are no people here.
In an interview, Kojima in every possible way denies his participation in the project - either he is lying very well, or they are doing a port / spin-off to the game.

r
rozil 11.12.21

Let's hope for his full participation in the project)

S
Skater007 11.12.21

The protagonist's face is covered with a bandage, but the scar on his face resembles the scar from the portraits of Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes announced in August.
Naked Snake'a bro aka Big Boss'a

D
Dark corsair 11.12.21

Skater007 02.27.13
02:42
Naked Snake bro aka Big Boss I

fixed this mistake in my blog long ago, but here I forgot. )

In an interview, Kojima in every possible way denies his participation in the project - either he lies very well, or they make a port / spin of the game.

In the last interview, Kojima has already accurately determined the development of the trail. parts. All numbered parts are made personally by him and KP, and all spin-offs go to third-party studios, and not necessarily Japanese ones.

D
Dark corsair 11.12.21

Here comes the announcement of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! Now it remains only to completely disassemble the new trailer, the benefit of information for reflection there in bulk. )

H
HyperXStream 11.12.21

The trailer made the game wait like hell, of course there were a lot of questions. But most of all I am concerned about inconsistencies in the general plot and chronology.
First, it is not clear where the horn appeared on Big Boss's forehead: The

question is, where did he go in later, in MGS4?

Besides the loss of arms Snake and bionic prosthesis that we can see at the end of the trailer:
Spoiler

Here we can not say anything specific, because in MGS4 BB was wearing gloves and his hand was not visible:
Spoiler

In addition, there are still large inconsistencies in the general chronology. The story says that Big Boss fell into a coma in 1972, and in 1974 Peace Walker is already taking place, i.e. creation of the Outer Heaven'a. It turns out that Snake spent only 2 years in a coma and fell into it as a result of an injury, but which one and when is not known. In MGS5, however, everything turns out differently. Snake falls into a coma as a result of injury in the attack and destruction of Outer Haven, and remains in a coma for 9 years. All this contradicts the original chronology and events. In general, here is such a dig, what do you think about this?

UPD: I
figured it out, Mother Base from PW is not Outer Heaven, as I thought for a long time. Outer Heaven was much later in Africa, and Mother Base in the Caribbean. There remains only a question with a horn.

J
Jarud 11.12.21

And I didn’t notice he had a horn))
In the trailer, it’s true Psychomantis (he has hair) and Ocelot, or who else?

J
Justsayfck 11.12.21

Uto is similar to Dr. Kio Marv, who made the OilH molecule

and did not read the whole topic, but Kojima said that David Hayter will not voice the snake. OMFG! WTF !?
I don’t understand how? type reissue of the MGS series.
"Kojima explained that the developers of the action game Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain decided not only to make another game about Snake, but to completely update the series." hero, "he said. The name of the actor who will replace Hayter has not yet been announced."
The fashion went after the new dante and dmk? but why deprive the protagonist of the most divine gift? fans may get used to the new, but Dante did something new, then it seemed to the developers that the old style was outdated, and Snake and his voice are immortal! nobody bothered, but on the contrary, this is the main feature of the game. the character of the inner world and all the components of the Great Father and the clone ...

J
Justsayfck 11.12.21

and also looks like a goblin (Dmitry Puchkov)

r
rozil 11.12.21

HyperXStream

That's what I don't understand at all about the new MGS - this is this shard, which seems to be stuck not without the help of a hand grenade ... Kojima, in his interview, said that it was attached to Naked, allegedly, as a new gadget ... But I can be wrong, because in English I am illiterate.

In addition, there are still large inconsistencies in the general chronology. The story says that Big Boss fell into a coma in 1972 ... - Looks like I have some gaps in my memory. I can't remember that ... Until recently, I thought that a coma overtook him after the second Metal Gear ... Can you remind me where it was said earlier?

Justsayfck

Nothing is clear about the voice yet. Everything Kojima says about the "new style" is a baseless excuse. So it seems to me that there are 2 options, one of which I wrote about somewhere earlier. So:

- Either the guys did not share the Big Boss bandana and are now playing in silence.
- Either we will meet with young Snake, who got Hayter's voice (a similar situation was in MGS4), but given Hideo's love for surprises, we will not be able to find out about this soon.

J
Justsayfck 11.12.21

so this is this shard, stuck in the campaign not without the help of a hand grenade ... Kojima, in his interview, said that it was attached to Naked, allegedly as a new gadget ... But I could be wrong, because I am illiterate in English.

link please?

Everything that Kojima says about the "new style" is groundless excuses

on the Internet for 2 news with clearly and clearly stated words of kojima - sana, I will give several excerpts from quotes:
"The creator of the Metal Gear series, Hideo Kojima, explained why this time the developers decided to abandon the services of actor David Hayter, who voiced Snake in previous installments of the series, starting in 1998 ..." ... "This is a new kind of Metal Gear game, and we wanted it to be reflected in the voice of the hero," he said. The name of the actor who will replace Hayter has not yet been announced. "

This is from a recent interview.
but from the announcement of the game
"Kojima also showed a piece of gameplay - a tutorial level where Snake, after being in a coma for nine years, re-masters basic skills and tries to escape from the hospital. The designer announced that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will have an open world, albeit subtleties Kojima has not yet revealed the implementation of the gameplay. However, for fans of the series, there is also bad news - actor David Hayter, who previously voiced Snake, is not participating this time. "

I specially inserted a large excerpt so that it became clear that the words are not from an empty space, since the above is talking about Kojima and some kind of Dihzainer) from here it is not clear whether Yoji or someone else remained for them)

J
Justsayfck 11.12.21

At the beginning, a new voice is heard

"David Hayter is the famous voice of Snake and Big Boss from the previous installments of the MGS series. He was asked on his Twitter account if he was asked to participate in the voice acting of the announced Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. replied “no.” Meanwhile, in the gameplay video, you can already hear a new voice. "

“We already know that David Hayter - the permanent voice actor of Solid Snake and Big Boss - will not be participating in the voice acting of Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain. Hideo Kojima has personally answered why this is so.

"This will be a new person, I can't tell who yet," Kojima told GameTrailers. “What we want to achieve is to update the Metal Gear series. This is a new type of Metal Gear game, and we want this to be reflected in the voice actor as well.” “

I doubt that Hayter will be in the new MGSe should not remain)

r
rozil 11.12.21

Justsayfck

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84h9k6/metal-gear-solid-v--the-phantom-pain-kojima-interview - Kojima interview.

Yes, I have already read these articles, it sounds more than convincing. But when Kojima Production is in charge, you should never be 100% sure of any of the above. Let's remember Metal Gear Solid 2 =) ...

I also do not deny that all my guesses are most likely just empty hopes for a remake of the very first two Metal Gear ... But dreaming is not harmful)

J
Justsayfck 11.12.21

Honestly, watching at such a time vidos does not pull, I fall asleep without someone else's 3.14 3da, but I also had a small hope for a slightly different course of events ... if initially David Hayter himself said that he had not received an invitation to participate in a new project " Code (: D) winter ". Then digging for a long time the Internet, in search of everything that can only be related to MGS5, and having found in the same Dave's tweeter a question from a fan and! The answer to it (Answer with a capital letter), I start to love Kojima and Dave again in advance, for how they performed at MGU5)

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/277536350671106049

Dave said: "@It made my arm hurt."

By the way, judging by the info, we will have 2 identical snakes, so I would not be surprised if in the end it turns out that we ended up not killing Big Boss, but already his adult clone at that time, which had, like Solid Snake, accelerated Ajing current very fast)) or indeed, we will be shown a young SS, more in the trailer they say that BB lay in a coma for 9 years, and woke up ... without an arm ... oh and Kojima about ... MGS1, 2 were still very close to real life, with a minimum of fiction, but even they tried to explain it, approaching real terms, arguments, theories ... for example, an exoskeleton, the development of which has already gone quite far in real life, could exist in the future, Nanomachines, which are actually now are progressing in study and properties, have sorted out the functions in the game a little, but they are real in the life of the future! , and it was then that kojima was making his games about the future, that is, MGS1, 2 take place a couple of years from the present time from the moment the game was created. despite the fact that they take place long after the events of the exploits of the BB ... flying machines, horns, cloning, more advanced bosses, stuffed with super-overpowering superpowers. in MGS2, the fortune was so ... when turning off the device, which allegedly repelled bullets from her, she still changed the trajectory of the missiles .. it was ... ahhh. and here people shooting, flying, spitting fire, pills of life and death are all in the order of things. Therefore, I would not even be surprised that there is an old solid snake, who already had Accelerate aging, but having killed BB again, he became young, but because of the sclerosis of old age, he does not really remember anything. but they will do this to revive the SS after the events of MGS4, he allegedly killed BB again, and Rejuvenated:

by the way, tell me where to get the BB codes that can be used here on the forum, ala spoilers, etc.)

A
Anderby 11.12.21

> in the end, it turns out that we ended up not killing Big Boss, but already his adult clone at that time.

Kojima certainly won't do that. Besides, BB is not dead.