3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21 02:15 am

Gtx 980 + Monitor or Gtx 980ti?

So, by coincidence of favorable circumstances (bonus, birthday, etc.) there is an amount of money in the amount of 55k. It is unlikely that in the next few years fate will be so good for me, so I thought about upgrading my bucket of nuts. So, having so far a fairly good video card in the face of the Gtx 770, I thought about changing it, because I will not have the opportunity to purchase a card in Pascal, and if I try to save the money, believe me, it will still go away, for a lot of little things. But if we are talking about purchasing powerful enough cards, then they should be accompanied by a fairly good monitor (my old one from Philips has already been repaired twice, plus there are dead pixels). So, having this amount, I still have not decided what to do - Buy gtx980 and look after some monitor for the remaining money, or with the words "
94 Comments
Sort by:
s
stalk70 11.12.21

Can't you resist the percentage of 980Ti? If you have an i5, then it is better to take 980 + to throw money over the monitor.

S
Shadows3D 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
Gtx 980 + Monitor is a good card + normal live monitor well, anyway better than, just a couple of% on top, and spoil your eyes ..

E
Evene174 11.12.21

Sell ​​the old card and monitor, maybe enough for both at once)
If it is not enough anyway, even taking into account the sale of old components, but the processor allows you to open the 980ti, then in my opinion it is better to take a video card, and wait with the monitor, good finding 7-8 thousand for 1080p monitor will be much easier than upgrading the video card later.
If the processor is not powerful enough for video, then take it as advised above.
In general, it's better to buy 980 + a good TV + gamepad, it will bring you many times more pleasure for several years to come :)

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21

stalk70
Speech as I understand it is about bottlenecking'e. Sadly, I partly wanted to believe that the old 3570 is capable of much more.

Ripper174 The
monitor is very old. There is hardly a masochist ready to buy it :) And I promised my friend a video card, so there is no way.

s
stalk70 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
At the very 3550 + 970. Excellent connection. 980 will run even faster. But, to be honest, I don't even know how such a bundle will behave with the 980ti.

R
RevIO2RUS 11.12.21

Of course, it seems to me that with one monique fullhd, and even with the 3570, you still won't see the full power of the 980ti, but if you then decide to take a new monique, then go ahead.

A
Alexandrovitch 11.12.21

First, buy a normal monitor, if you have a square one, sell the old one. Then you cheerfully buy a new video card)

d
droun92 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
Is it worth taking 980ti when there are rumors that green cards cannot go into diretix 12. Could it be that Huang will again abandon the 9th series because of a new one, starting to cut it with each driver?
For me personally, take 980 and Monique. Although you can still wait for a new series from the green.

E
Esthetix 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
980ti the stump is clear, although if you are going to drive it in fullhd then you can take it 980 is enough for the eyes

A
AsStRaLL92 11.12.21

I read somewhere that there is no point in installing the 980ti without a good gaming monitor

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

If there are broken piksels, then the monitor is naturally better to replace. as for the card - in principle, 980 will be able to use it,
but if the money is not natural, there is nothing special to discuss.
finally a stupid topic for a question. since the choice of liquid and green is solely on the conscience and priorities of the author.

h
helio 11.12.21

if you want a gaming monitor above 60Hz) then you will be surprised the price will be like 980ti)

Y

GRiDOX
Full HD, but as stated above, no one will buy it. To tell the truth, I am even ashamed to sell it.

helio
Well, not really. Benq XL2411Z in our city costs 21k. For 20k you can take the AOC g2460pqu.

Y

Well, as I see, most are advised to take the 980 with a monitor. Thanks anyway for your feedback. I wrote here for one simple reason - my acquaintances in this regard are not advisers, but advice was needed, because my next 3-4 years depend on the decision made. I play quite often. In general, thank you very much.

h
helio 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
tn, in principle, I don’t think for a game monique, look at the prices for normal matrices)

Y

helio
Acer Predator XB270HU? Well, no :) I understand that Ips and even with 144Hz and G-Sync, but so far I can only allow it on Tn.

h
helio 11.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
that's right, it's better to take the norms of the 60Hz matrix

Y

W3aMisterWinner
Honestly, I was hoping for a similar comment. About a 27 inch monitor. Not so long ago I made a "detour" to the shops, found out the prices for video cards. I looked closely at the monitors. And now 2 of them hooked me. The first one already previously written by AOC g24pqu, and the second Samsung S27D590CS. AOC has smoothness, while Samsung has contrast, saturation. Matrix of course VA is not Ips, meanwhile it looks very attractive. And the price of 20k is the limit that I can afford. 980 from 32k (but mediocre cooling from Palit Trio) and 35k (MSI, Gigabyte with their Windforce hasn't let down too much)

B
Bigalex78 11.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
I have a palit super jet stream so it has been working for almost 10 months the temperature the maximum that I saw is 71gr, in the 1506 boost in the summer there was 76. Question: Is this a hot video card for Palit? By the way, valves for AUTO, well, and a full tower case

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE

if you take a chance and order over the hill, you can keep within 55-57k, taking into account the delivery.
http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90606818/gainward-geforce-gtx-980ti-phoenix-gs.asp
http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90534074/iiyama-prolite-xb2783hsu-b1.asp
or such a monitor: http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90502015/benq-gw2760hs.asp is
also good.