3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21 02:15 am

Gtx 980 + Monitor or Gtx 980ti?

So, by coincidence of favorable circumstances (bonus, birthday, etc.) there is an amount of money in the amount of 55k. It is unlikely that in the next few years fate will be so good for me, so I thought about upgrading my bucket of nuts. So, having so far a fairly good video card in the face of the Gtx 770, I thought about changing it, because I will not have the opportunity to purchase a card in Pascal, and if I try to save the money, believe me, it will still go away, for a lot of little things. But if we are talking about purchasing powerful enough cards, then they should be accompanied by a fairly good monitor (my old one from Philips has already been repaired twice, plus there are dead pixels). So, having this amount, I still have not decided what to do - Buy gtx980 and look after some monitor for the remaining money, or with the words "
94 Comments
Sort by:
-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

lancxpr

read the topic.

trianon2014

what kind of heresy?

t
trianon2014 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
what
kind of heresy Justify.

t
trianon2014 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
what
kind of heresy Justify.
Good answer to the question, offline)))

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

trianon2014

I'm talking about a semi-live monitor? From what my words then?
This is you, my friend, justify.

Seifer1986 Skip
version.
1.28 "Monitor Acer B286HKymjdpprz black
[3840x2160, TN + film, 1 ms, 1000: 1, 300 cd, m2, 60 Hz, 170 °, 160 °, HDMI, DisplayPort, Mini this monitor price around 32,000 rubles.
2. GTX 980 in the region of 40,000 rubles (- / +).

Awesome assembly. Just tell everyone how the 980 will pull 4k resolution when the 980 can't really cope with it?)
And buy a 4k monitor, and even on a TN matrix. and even 28 "- the same insanity.

t
trianon2014 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
From what my words then?
According to the author, go sleep it off.
Do you write without reading?

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
trianon2014 The
discussion is certainly good, but let's live together, eh?

t
trianon2014 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
What will you take?

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

trianon2014
According to the author, go sleep it off.
Do you write without reading?

and here the words of the author, when lancxpr asked me about the monitor that I ordered myself. You answered him.
Read carefully who you are answering and to what.

go sleep

it off you don't need to talk in that tone.

Y

trianon2014
980ti and BENQ GW2760HS. I understand that there won't be Bottleneck, but eventually I will replace my processor in the future. As suggested above, you can take a loan (although you really don't want to). It's easier after a difficult period (from November to March, a lot of relatives, a lot of birthdays, plus holidays, I can't save up or allocate from my salary), moving away from the hustle and bustle, take some 3770k. Mat. I have a good board, it will still work. Or dive in and switch to Haswell / Skylake.

t
trianon2014 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
Honestly, I don't know what to tell you, understand it all depends on whether you pull it or not.

Y

trianon2014
If you order with CU, I'll pull it. If you buy from us ... Of course not.

S
Seifer1986 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
You can crap any suggestion. But you didn't offer anything concrete. The author should kindly change the system unit. But on what to collect? On LGA 1150 or on 2011-3? And where to start? The author decided to start with the monitor and vidyahi.
I myself have a monitor on the TN matrix
Spoiler http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/i197181/27-monitor-asus-ve278h-chernyj Nothing, normal. There are no problems with colors, there are no black bars that hinder the view. Everything is configurable (if we talk about the main disadvantages of the VT), and most importantly, the fast response speed. But the permission doesn't suit me.

As for the fact that a simple 980 will not pull this monitor, one can argue based on the fact that the author wants to make a reserve for the future, but at the same time does not have a large budget. Not everyone can afford monitors for 50+ mowers. Or maybe he then put the second 980 in the SLI.

In any case, I wrote a version to the author so that he himself thought what would suit him and for what price. And everyone can be smart and crap someone else's opinion, while he himself remains on the sidelines and does not offer anything constructive.

ZY I myself would suggest then a monic on IPS with a resolution of 2560x1440, a response speed of 1ms, a diagonal of 27, a leg for adjusting the height of the viewing / rotation angle and a reasonable price. + to be without risk and normal warranty service for up to 3 years.

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

Seifer1986
You can crap any proposal of

any "rubbish" absolutely. Only sound criticism. Do you really think that a 28 "monitor with 4k resolution will be comfortable in everyday use? This is a huge delusion! Moreover, buying TN monitors today for that kind of money is pure insanity. Well, I already mentioned the performance: the card limit is 980 - resolution 2.5k, no more. I repeat, even 980 does not feel comfortable in this resolution - 30 fps at high settings in demanding games, this is very bad.

But you did not offer anything concrete

. True, not knowing what processor the author has The author decided to use 980, and a normal monitor on a normal matrix, and in the future to change the processor is, by the way, quite a sensible idea.

As for the fact that a simple 980 will not pull this monitor, one can argue
Or maybe he then put the second 980 in the SLI

as the owner of two decently overclocked 970s (which are slightly faster than the nominal 980), I can say with confidence - not enough. In many games, performance at this resolution is limited by 4 GB of video memory. It seems like 6 GB for 980 is just right, but it already lacks the power of the chip (two 970s are faster than one 980 by an average of 25%).

PS: you offered the author of credits to collect for the purchase of components. Another awkward idea. For by the time the loan is repaid, his purchased iron will noticeably fall in price. Buying a computer on credit is a dubious pleasure. Himself, back in 2006, I bought my second PC from scratch, with a partial loan. The PC cost 55k (at that time it was almost a top-end computer), took 30k on credit, repaid it in 10 months. And I was very, very sad, because after 10 months the purchased iron in price fell very, very much ..

G
Garrus_91 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Thanks for the site, Buried). I also think in the future to buy there either a vidyahu or a laptop.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

in the region of 10-12 you can find an inexpensive 1080p with an ips matrix or, at worst, MVA
relative to a video card is not so much.
and before the tee video card - its main advantage is additional memory. if you choose a monitor with a small diagonal, you can calmly but scald either without aa or with 2x. in terms of performance, the card is about 20-30% faster than the usual 980, so it has a little more practical headroom.

S
Seifer1986 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Thanks for the detailed answer.

As for the 970s, you can still discuss (this is on the topic of the fact that one solid log is better than two medium ones), but the author has already made a choice.

As for the loan and 2006 (I sympathize with your experience), it's as lucky as anyone ... You need to be mentally prepared for this (change in iron prices). A loan of 30,000 at average interest, this is approximately 3,000-3200 per month for a year. Here I already proceeded from my own capabilities, each of them has their own. For me personally, it is not a problem to pay off at 3200 per year, but to pay off the loan itself earlier. The main advantage of a loan is that a person receives a thing today and now, and not in 8-9 months, when he has saved up for it. But for this he overpays%. And the fact that it will become outdated, yes. But for 8-9 months from today, he will use it and get a buzz from it.

Save .. is also an option, but while you save up, prices may rise (given the current political situation - the war in Syria, the conflict in Ukraine and the bad attitude of the West. Still, they noticed how prices jumped for iron by about 30-40%). I just have a sad experience in accumulation :) I saved about 50+ thousand on my computer. And just at that moment this badyaga began in Ukraine, etc. Then bam! And iron has gone up in value. So count it, I understand that I need to add the same amount to the amount that I have accumulated. An epic bummer turned out. And if I took a computer with the same credit, but a year ago. I would have repulsed it already, and I was glad that I took a top-end computer so cheaply.
In addition. I saved up and did not take the hardware separately just because the hardware is getting old, new items are coming out, etc. And I wanted to buy everything top at once.

So everything is relative .. and difficult :)

A
Alex coachman 11.12.21

I would take a monique and wait for Pascal.

-Sergey Viktorovich-
You will not believe it. GTX 970 pulls 4K resolution. Not always at full maximum speed, but only because I'm used to 50-60 fps. Well, as a rule, I turn off anti-aliasing, because it is not needed at this resolution.

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

Alex Coachman
You won't believe it. GTX 970 pulls 4K resolution.

Duc it depends on what games to play. I on two 970s comfortably passed the old Witcher 2 in 4k. The third witcher there has already bent my two cards into a ram's horn ... :(

d
drag_in 11.12.21

and I would just take a good monitor. thousand for 40-50. And you can find the vidyashka later and find it ..

M
MASTERgamer3 3 11.12.21

Why is this necessary? GTX 770 so everything now at least pulls at high, well, you can buy a monitor for 10 thousand, and sell the old one. If I were you, I would not waste money as soon as it appeared, but put it, for example, in a bank, at interest, so that new ones would hatch out of this money. I don't really understand those people who immediately spend money as soon as they appeared, without special need. Although once a birthday, you can "cheer" a little, but there is no point in replacing 770 with 980 as for me.