3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21 02:15 am

Gtx 980 + Monitor or Gtx 980ti?

So, by coincidence of favorable circumstances (bonus, birthday, etc.) there is an amount of money in the amount of 55k. It is unlikely that in the next few years fate will be so good for me, so I thought about upgrading my bucket of nuts. So, having so far a fairly good video card in the face of the Gtx 770, I thought about changing it, because I will not have the opportunity to purchase a card in Pascal, and if I try to save the money, believe me, it will still go away, for a lot of little things. But if we are talking about purchasing powerful enough cards, then they should be accompanied by a fairly good monitor (my old one from Philips has already been repaired twice, plus there are dead pixels). So, having this amount, I still have not decided what to do - Buy gtx980 and look after some monitor for the remaining money, or with the words "
94 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sam_FisherPG 11.12.21

First, see if the power of your power supply is enough + open the system unit and see if it fits into the case + look if you have the necessary power wires, even depending on what processor you have and how much opera you have, since later you will bump into them. My advice to you is to check everything first, look at the card tests and the price difference. Usually the difference in performance is not worth the price for which it is overstated, it is better to take a monitor for this money.

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

Sam_FisherPG

power supply unit has 650 watts, judging by the profile. It will be enough.
But I don't see it in the processor profile. Mother on the Z77 chipset. For 980 you need 3570k overclocked, or even better 3770k.

i
insel 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
friend 980 ti does not support the old monitor output. if the monkey is already outdated and uses the HAV, instead of HDMI, then you will only stare at the video card - because you can't even connect an adapter!
and by the way, you need a good percents for it and a power supply, whatever they say 650 is not enough for you. minimum 750 - 800.
PS I took the cards from the ISI

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

insel
whatever they say 650 is not enough for you. minimum 750 - 800.

What kind of heresy is that? 650 watts is enough if the unit is good. He has a normal power supply.

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.12.21

Sam_FisherPG
It's not the first time I 've heard about ComputerUniverse. The processor forgot to mention in the profile, described it above in the comments. Old 3570. No Index. I was stupid, I took a mother for overclocking and a processor without an index. Well, they learn from mistakes. Thanks for the advice, but I'm one of those people who buy only what they see in front of them and can immediately pick it up after purchase :)
insel
The power supply is old in the profile, it's not difficult for me, I can take a picture of the new one. The old one was also good, but as early as 3 months I removed it from sin. There were problems, I will not go into details, I'm sorry.

Here you are.

Y

W3aMisterWinner
Thanks for the log.
Ps Something I thank a lot today, although to be honest I didn't think that anyone would respond. I thought who would come in, the holivar would arrange it. But no. Thanks again to everyone.

i
insel 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
when they assembled a computer for me at http://invasion-labs.ru/, I somehow asked them what kind of block is needed for 980 tees. I was told - at least 750 - 800 watts. quite possibly they meant a fully assembled computer with a vidyuha, stone, etc.
this is a world-class company and they are unlikely to be wrong about such things!

l
lancxpr 11.12.21

I had a similar situation - it was 780 and my hands were itching to buy something.)) As a result, I found a new one on Avito! 980 for 25k. Dude is a designer and he is paid for work in euros in this way, and then he "cashes" - sells).
First, if I were you, I would decide what you want to play. in the coming year there will be NO games that surpass 970, 980 in full HD resolution.
with the processor the same thing - sell it on Avito, pay a few thousand extra and buy yourself a percent with the index K.

Total: 1) sell a monitor, sell a percent 2) buy a monitor and percent. 3) 970 or 980, look at the secondary market.

S
Sam_FisherPG 11.12.21

It is better to install a good power supply unit right away, because when it is not always covered, it happens that it takes away some of the components with it. So it's better to play it safe once again and cross yourself. I'm glad if I could help at least with something, and good luck with the upgrade.

Y

Sam_FisherPG
Thank you again,
lancxpr The
monitor will not be bought, I have been writing more than once :) And I myself will be ashamed to ask for money for it, it is very unsuitable. Sell ​​the processor? Hmm, you can, in fact, there is even a person in mind who will acquire it. Luck smiles at you. 980 for 25k, oh, envy is green in the soul now :)

l
lancxpr 11.12.21

You wanna PUNCAKE
and you don't think for others - they will buy / not buy. if you put an adequate price on it, they will buy it. Moreover, if the monitor is in poor condition, definitely change it!

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

insel
calmly connected such a long piece to the mini shdm to move from there to vga.
nor mislead the bakers.

G
Goodim 11.12.21

For this money, you can take a 2560x1440 monitor from benq on an ips matrix, and 980GTX from Palit, believe me, the pleasure of a high-quality picture on such a large screen, this is exactly what you expect to get for your 55 thousand. BenQ BL2420PT for example here.

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

insel
is a world-class company and they are unlikely to be mistaken about such things!

Well, of course ... What then can we say about the small group of Nvidia, which recommends a power supply unit from 600 watts under 980. How far is Nvidia to the "world-class" company invasion-labs ...
PS: by the way, this is the first time I 've heard about such a company. Although, how can we, sir and miserable, to a "world-class company" then ..

D
Djonnikc 11.12.21

insel
Here on this site (or similar) http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator you can specify in detail (down to turntables) the equipment used and find out the EXACT consumption of a particular computer! And no need to guess whether the power supply will fit or not!
And yes, by the way, for a "normal assembly" 650W for the 980ti is enough for the eyes, and everything else is marketing and nothing more))

D
Djonnikc 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
And ordered through this site http://www.computeruniverse.ru, really? Did you have any problems with delivery ??

-
-SK.art- 11.12.21

Djonnikc

I ordered a monitor from them, it is now at the Russian customs already).
I ordered it on October 6, October 7, the parcel was already at the German post office, on October 8 it crossed the German border. Well, there was a weekend .. Today, only what has arrived at the customs of Russia has been tracked.
They have no problems with delivery, I "smoke" the topic on the computer universe on the overclockers forum. On average, delivery in Russia takes from 10-12 days to a month, depending on the remoteness of the city, and also depends on how lucky you are with the delivery - the parcel will go by train or by plane. A guy from Ussuriysk flew the last two packages in 10-11 days by plane.
I ordered it myself for the first time. They have a monitor 27,100 rubles. it costs, in Russia on the Yandex market it is 54-58k, in my city in the technopoint 58k.
Guided by the principle, "he who does not take risks, he does not drink", decided to take a chance)

PS: now I checked my track:

SpoilerPost of Germany
Oct 07 Germany RODGAU, Accepted at the post office
08 Oct Germany DELEJB, Arrived at the German border
08 Oct Germany DELEJB, Crossed border of Germany
Russian Post
12 Oct Saint Petersburg, Arrived in Russia
12 Oct Saint Petersburg, Sent to customs
12 Oct Saint Petersburg, Received for check at customs
13 Oct Saint Petersburg, Completed customs clearance

i
insel 11.12.21

Yes guys, I apologize about my disinformation.
litter.
phoned the master who collected the computer for me. he said that at that moment he spoke on the basis of my computer. that is, taking into account both the HDD and the cooling and the slots on the mother. so sorry again, was wrong. did not figure it out from the very beginning.

d
dobro4insky 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
What kind of monitor, if not a secret ...?

D
Djonnikc 11.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Unsubscribe according to the result! It will be very interesting to find out. With this exchange rate, not a bad idea at all!