3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stepashka 25.12.21 10:38 pm

Far Cry Commando (Far Cry)

Who played Far Cry Commando call back !!! Stuck on the "Survival Test" tour, who passed tell me how to do it. I can't do anything, helicopters fly, enemies attack and that's it ...
84 Comments
Sort by:
g
gomir 25.12.21

In the beginning, it is useful to bombard the coast from behind with the mercenaries from a boat with a grenade launcher near the tower. Because on the coast in difficult mode, the bots are abruptly carried out, not like in a regular game. In the lake, before sailing to the tower, at the bottom of a spinner, there is an armor. You can play with the water quality settings of the graphics to make them transparent. It also depends on vidyuhi, on most of my vidyuhi it worked.

On the opposite side of the lake there is a cave and ascend to the platform, there is conservation. I usually sailed there after half an hour of the game, after undermining the bots.
For instance:
If you look from the lake, from the towers closest to the bridge, at the very top right in the distance on the mountain, at the very top, on the verge of visibility there are 2 turntables with 10-20 bots ready to take off. These turntables, which barely look out only with the edge of the engine, can be reached on the verge of range-visibility by a grenade launcher with a preselected. The turntables take out everyone around from the explosion. Total minus landing 10-20;)

r
reactor 25.12.21

snapshots from Commando addon

pix.PlayGround.rupix.PlayGround.rupix.PlayGround.ru

r
reactor 25.12.21

pix.PlayGround.ru

A
ALEX5588001 25.12.21

FarCry Commando, "survival test" - third way:
Take sniper ammo and vest. After destroying the first 2 helicopters, run to the destroyed bridge, jump into the water and sail north. On the left we see "helicopter traffic". After the landing, the helicopters return to the base - a large flat island. Swim for 6-7 minutes. We take away to the island on the right (from the east). In the west there is an airfield base. After being destroyed (by sniper) 20-25 units, about 20 mercenaries will run in your direction. We lure deep into the island, return to the base, collect ammunition and you will have the happiness of a ROYAL hunt!

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Dear, I recently discovered the game FarCry Commando on my grandson, and I got hooked. Tell me how to make current save in this game? I was interested in my grandson, he says that he put this game a long time ago, but he never launched it. And further. Does this game have a "Pause" mode.
Respectfully yours Stanislav Vasilievich, 68 y.o.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

I'm surprised too. Surprised that Far Cry Commando was able to hook someone. ))

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Thanks to Traigen, thanks to JetRanger for the prompt response and not indifference to the questions I asked.
Regarding the surprise that "Far Cry Commando was able to hook someone", to be honest, I got a little tired of Stalker (a couple of liters of this game's mods haunt me) and came across Far Cry Commando. I don’t consider myself a gamer, but I still think that a couple or three hours in the game is better than these two or three hours over a glass of beer, although, honestly, I love beer since my youth.
Well, now in essence. Is it possible to make current saves through the console and, if possible, what should I write to the string for execution? The fact is that in this game, any oversight that entailed the death of the GG requires a mandatory replay, starting with autosave, or even from the beginning of the campaign. Agree, this is not convenient and wasted a lot of time. That's all for now. Thanks again.
Sincerely.
PS The fact that you can pause the game through Esc, I thought of myself and now I see that the decision is correct.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Traigen
Thank you very much. For me, this is useful information. I will use your link as soon as I reach the final as a winner (in principle, since the GG has already been "killed" many times, despite the change in different tactics).

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

I watched the video of this "commando", it turned out - this is again an ordinary mod, "riveted from different levels lying on the Internet."

This is what I meant. Just a crudely made amateur mod, which I personally was very bored to play after the original "Far Cry".

That's why I was surprised. ))

Although my acquaintance with FarCry also began with inferior amateur cards. More precisely, from the Devil's Island map. She, if my memory serves me right, is just included in the collection 'Commando ". There, at the very beginning, on a sniper tower, you appear opposite a smoking volcano, and a woman's voice reads out a briefing over the radio (although in Commando, perhaps, this voice is not was - I forgot already).

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Traigen
Thank you, there are no questions yet, but I think there will be. Thank you for your willingness to help. The conversation with the grandson is short: "Oh, grandfather, do you need this?" But I'm not offended by him - the age of speed.
Sincerely.

G
Gauguin 25.12.21

stan4664
Play original

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Dear forum users. Again I ask for help in FarCry Commando. Completed missions:
- Start of the chase
- Crossing
- First difficulties -
Survival test
- Big commotion
- Children's games
- Mission not feasible
and stuck on it. Completed the quests "Blow up the gates" - "Blow up the radio tower". On the quest "Turn off the siren" I got stuck completely. Using the navigator, I come to the point at which I supposedly must somehow turn off the siren, but there are no, even approximately, hints that the desired object is located in this place. The impression is that this object is somewhere underground. He searched the entire base, but did not make any progress towards the goal. I am not under the delusion that, besides me, someone else is now playing this game, but maybe, from old memory, someone will remember how to turn off this ill-fated siren.
Respectfully yours, Stanislav Vasilievich.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

Bah, this is the same "Devil's Island", my first acquaintance with Far Cry! I, too, got stuck in that place with the siren, for a long time I could not figure out what to do, until I accidentally sniffed at it from a machine gun. Then it exploded and fell silent. No bazooka is needed here.

If I remember correctly, this siren is at the top of one of the concrete watchtowers that stand on the sides of the gate. It looks like a loudspeaker on a thin column.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Thank you. I'll try it tonight. Good luck to all.
Respectfully yours, Stanislav Vasilievich.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

JetRanger
With your prompting, with almost no problems, I completed this task, but in the next quest I got stuck again. There you need to get to the factory through the only door, blowing it up. As expected, in the FarCry style, the front door could not be blown up the first time, and on a "tip" I have to get to this factory from somewhere out of the water. With difficulty I found a place and a way to get into the water so as not to perish. I dived and got to the exit of some kind of mine. According to some completely incomprehensible laws of physics, I was able to climb the completely sheer walls of the mine upward, disarming the guard with a grenade along the way. We managed to rise to the level where the guard was and a little higher to the protruding tank. It doesn't go further, no matter how hard you try. I spent six hours on these unsuccessful attempts (I don’t regret this time, but still ...) and came to the conclusion, that I am doing something wrong. Can you tell me, if you still remember how to get into the factory building? I made a description of this task in detail, on purpose - perhaps this will help to remember the plot of the game.
Sincerely.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

stan4664
I remember this place very well, but, in theory, there should be stairs instead of "incomprehensible laws of physics". All that is required is to climb to the very top along this series of stairs, separated by wooden platforms. The protruding tank (a healthy white cistern) is just a decoration, you don't need to climb on it.

Apparently, for some reason these stairs are not displayed for you. You can try to "grope" the rest blindly, just like the previous ones. In my opinion, they are all stretched from site to site (although I'm not sure about this, I have already forgotten a bit), so they should be found quickly.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Jack Carver.
Thank you. Once I complete the whole game, I will definitely play the original version.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

JetRanger
Yes, that's right, there are no ladders in my game, but you suggested that you need to "grope" them. I would only know if the stairs are arranged vertically or in a zigzag manner, with intermediate platforms. Here is a screenshot of this situation.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

stan4664
They are all vertical, as if "hanging" from the edges of the upper platforms to the lower ones.
And, if I remember correctly, all are located in their center, so that if you stand a little more to the left than in the screenshot and all the platforms line up in one line, then the stairs will also be on the same line with each other, in the middle.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

JetRanger
Just finished the game. That's right, that's what I did with the stairs. In general, I did not expect at all that this was the final, well, including the plot with the plane and the landing party.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Traigen, now I will use your link to the original version of the game: unionpeer.org/topic/7160-far-cry.html