3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stepashka 25.12.21 10:38 pm

Far Cry Commando (Far Cry)

Who played Far Cry Commando call back !!! Stuck on the "Survival Test" tour, who passed tell me how to do it. I can't do anything, helicopters fly, enemies attack and that's it ...
84 Comments
Sort by:
s
stan4664 25.12.21

Dear, as they say, "less than half a year has passed." Your help is needed again. Finally I got to the original game, but there was a problem with its installation. Downloaded Traigen's link http://www.playground.ru/redirect/unionpeer.org/topic/7160-far-cry.html downloaded the torrent, and then the files for installing the program. I tried to install the game three times. Installation was interrupted twice due to missing files. The third time the game was installed, in connection with which a window appeared on the monitor with an encouraging message about the successful installation, but the game did not start from the shortcut on the desktop. I opened the folder with the game, tried to "push" the game with .exe files, but to no avail - a message is displayed to insert the disc with the game. Something one of two things: or some files are missing, or am I doing something wrong during installation (the second is the most likely). I wanted to create a file tree of downloaded game files for the forum, so that it was clear whether everything was downloaded, but I could not, so I will try to insert a file with screenshots that are logically connected to each other. And I could not, so I give a link to the pictures.
https://app.box.com/s/k596bde61shap6ghqh00
I don’t know what will come of it, but if the link works, then describe the correct sequence of operations for installing the game, based on the presence of downloaded files. The left picture is a folder, the right one is its contents.
Sincerely.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

GDFrost1.4
Thank you. I took a note of the link. Life and health would be enough. (Just kidding, I intend to live to be 100 and play to 99)

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

stan4664
It looks like we will have to wait for Traigen's answer (after all, he gave a link - he probably downloaded it from there himself). Unfortunately, I hardly know anything about this whole kitchen.

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

Traigen
There it won't take long to download and there are no problems with installation. Understood?

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

TRIGEN
I don't know where you download games, but the repacks are working on the rutor.

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

Traigen
Could link to Project Far Cry (this is not Far Cry 2010) and Far Cry Catalyst. Write in detail how to install them. Thanks in advance.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Traigen
Thanks for the instructions. The game "has become". To test, to make sure everything is in order, I started the first campaign. Everything seems to be fine. There is a question about how to eliminate the situation when they shoot through the wall. "... you just need to put this file here: lagger-home.ucoz. ru / load / 0-0-0-2-20 along the path Far Cry FCData ." Where is this file located to fix this? Or is it not about this modification of the game?

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

What exactly was canceled? Project Far Cry? You are sure? The mod has nothing to do with Far Cry 2010 - they are completely different. Found both mods, thanks.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Traigen
As far as I understand correctly, you need to remove the extra space in the body of the link. There he is the only one, after ... ucoz. So I did, it turned out lagger-home.ukoz.ru / load / 0-0-0-2-20 (I had to add it in Cyrillic). Now this link can be entered in the address bar?

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

In general, some kind of garbage. I started to go through Project Far Cry, I ran into a problem. The weapon is not displayed in the game itself, although there is a sight and I can shoot. What is the reason for this?

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Trigen
Until now, I was a passive user of computer software and I-net resources and I did not have to somehow adjust the already finished product (I do not mean basic settings), so I feel some uncertainty in my actions. These are emotions, but now in essence. I inserted a link into the address bar of the browser and downloaded the file 2_zz_Scripts1.pak. Now I have to paste this file into the game folder ... Far Cry FCData? I am posting a couple of screenshots as an illustration.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Traigen
Without undue modesty, I will say that by nature I have the ability to educate myself (I try not to "dry out"). I sat down at the computer at the age of 60 and later provoked my older sister, she "sat down" at the computer at the age of 77. By this time, I was already familiar with all or almost all of the "buttons" of the PC. So together and pulled up to the level of an ordinary user.
Thanks for the help.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

Dear forum users.
Completed the original Far Cry in Hard mode. I don’t dare to go through the game again in a more difficult mode, and it will be difficult for me. In general, I got a good impression of the game, although even I, with my very modest experience as a gamer, find in the game some "bloopers" of developers. But let's not judge them harshly, on the whole the game is good. What would you advise me to play now? (Cards, chess and dominoes - do not offer.) I will not refuse links to specific downloads of games.
Sincerely.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

Hmm ... Hundreds of good games. Before giving any advice, I would like to know which games you are already familiar with, and what you like and what you dislike about them.

By the way, you can be curious, what bloopers of developers in FarCry did you mean? (I just want to compare with my own impressions)

I myself only play first-person shooters - it just so happened. My favorites are Far Cry, Crysis, Half-Life (with an excellent add-on Half-Life: Opposing Force) and Half-Life 2.

There are also very good shooters Unreal, Painkiller, Doom 3 and FEAR
This is just what I'm into played.
Unfortunately, I cannot give you any links - some games are in my license, others were not downloaded by me, others were downloaded by me, but from non-existent sites ... It is worth looking at torrents.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

JetRanger
When I sat down at the computer in my 60s, I could not even imagine that someday I would be interested in computer games, as such. However, the truth "never say never" "soon made itself felt - a relative, a young man," carried away by a stalker "was visiting us for about a month. I put the game STALKER for myself. At first I followed his game with some skepticism, but then I wanted to "shoot" myself. This is how my gaming story began. A relative left, but left this "infection" on my computer. My first game that I played in easy mode was Stalker. The shadow of Chernobyl. I played this game, with interruptions, for about a year. Then there was a series of games in the Stalker series: Call of Pripyat, Capercaillie-2, Secret paths-2. I was very tired of the Secret Paths and decided to distract myself from this series. So I "
As for my preferences, as I found out for myself, I like more natural plots. I do not accept mysticism and space themes at all.
About the "bloopers" in Far Cry. In my opinion, a novice gamer, the developers of the game, still needed to make an effort and remove the situation in the whole game, when, in a prone position, the GG penetrates through the corpses of killed opponents. The graphics, in my opinion, are good, but this detail spoils the impression. And further. Maybe I don't understand something in the storyline, but in my opinion, if mutants are endowed with some kind of intelligence, then their behavior should be more meaningful. Oh, and here's another thing, which I did not understand. At that stage of the game, when Jack and Val (Valerie) have to get the serum in the laboratory, why did the developers put Madame on a forklift? If it was necessary to stretch this plot in time, then in my opinion, it would be more realistic for her to "twist her leg." Fast movement in a group would be difficult, and would "hobble" after Jack on the sly. Due to my modest gaming "track record", I can't talk about more subtle technical issues. While writing this letter, I downloaded Far Cry 2.iso and the Far Cry 2 game folder with the following content:

The Far Cry 2.iso file and the Far Cry 2 folder were downloaded from different sources.
Can you tell me my further steps to install Far Cry-2?
Sincerely.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

is the exe file in the Razor1911 folder not the only file? If the only one, then it may be some kind of virus (although I am not an expert on this topic). If there are still three gigabytes of files, then this is the installer, and you can safely run it.

With iso files, things are more complicated. To install the game, you must first burn the mdf file to a blank DVD using the Ultra ISO program, and only then install from the disc. Or try to write the image to a flash drive using the Daemon Tools program, and install from there ... But it's better, in my opinion, still Ultra ISO - this is my more proven method.

-------

in a prone position, GG penetrates through the corpses of killed opponents.
There is such a thing. ))

if mutants are endowed with some kind of intelligence, then their behavior should be more meaningful.
Doyle, closer to the beginning of the game, says that, they say, "the serum reduces the level of intelligence in the test subjects and makes them extremely aggressive." Although yes, it would undoubtedly be even more interesting if the mutants were made smarter.

Why did the developers put Madame on a forklift?
This loader has been converted into a transport for a nuclear warhead. According to the plot, it had to be brought into the very depths of the Factory and left there to explode on a timer. Here Val and cuts there on the forklift, and we clear the way for her. ))

-------

PS: By the way, do you know that Far Cry 2 is not a sequel to Far Cry, but a completely separate game in terms of its plot?

G
GDFrost1.4 25.12.21

Skip the 2nd part, download the 3rd Far Edge better. Although I do not know how you will perceive it. There is just a lot of swearing, blood and, so to speak, sex.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

JetRanger
Yes, the exe in the Razor1911 folder is the only file. But a folder was downloaded, in which, in addition to the subfolder with Razor1911, there are two more files: FARCRY2.mdf and FARCRY2.mds. These three files are probably related. Maybe this? I tested the entire folder with an antivirus program, everything seems to be clean. Can run exe-shnik and see what comes of it? Or not to risk it, but to burn the image onto a DVD and install it from it?
I didn't think about Val and the loader.
Far Cry is new to me, so I thought Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 were a sequel to Far Cry. Vaughn GDFrost1.4 already warns me that Far Cry 3 is "salty". Let's see, first - Far Cry 2. I
have both Ultra ISO and Daemon Tools in my software park, so you can use these tools if necessary.
Thanks for the help and comments.

s
stan4664 25.12.21

GDFrost1.4
Thanks for the comment and warning. I will consider.

J
JetRanger 25.12.21

If the folder already contains mdf and mds, then I don't even know why the third file should be there (even if it is harmless). So, if not a problem, write an image from them, and let the "extra third" lie further.

PS: The plot of Far Cry 3 is a kind of "youth adventure action thriller". Far Cry 2 - "the harsh everyday life of a mercenary in a third world country."