3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22 11:32 pm

Geralt of Rivia, known as The Witcher

For someone he is a villain, for someone he is a hero-savior ... And what or who is Geralt for you?

I propose here to discuss (my point of view) Geralt of Rivia, known as the Butcher of Blaviken.
His actions, his attitude to the world - In a word, the Witcher ...
71 Comments
Sort by:
G
GK 06.01.22

Everyone interprets evil in his own way, I'm not talking to you about myself, I just met contradictions (either a translation, or Geralt speaks differently with different people) in the book ...

This is not a run over. I just wanted to say that there is no answer to this question.

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

Well, then it is so, but he is Geralt from Rivia, and he is known as the Butcher from Blaviken - tobish klikuha - Not everyone knows his real name and where he comes from - and this klikuha, one might say, is a pseudonym;))))

Although .. ...

M
Mortimerius 06.01.22

then GK

That is, the fact that Vesemir may be the same age as Kaer Morhen does not surprise anyone, and that Geralt is about 100 years old is "I DO NOT BELIEVE." (c)? ))))) As for the interview, I watched it on TV a few years ago, so you can believe it or not, it doesn't really matter to me)))

G
GK 06.01.22

That is, the fact that Vesemir may be the same age as Kaer Morhen does not surprise anyone,

Like he built it, right?
Isn't it too big for a bunch of witchers?

Where is it written that Vesemir and Kaer Morhen are of the same age?

M
Mortimerius 06.01.22

Isn't it too big for a bunch of witchers?

Are you judging by the game?

G
GK 06.01.22

Have you read books?

M
Mortimerius 06.01.22

you will not believe, all 8))

G
GK 06.01.22

Are you judging by the game?

Then what are you doing this for?

G
GK 06.01.22

The age of the witcher is not mentioned, but there is such a mention that witchers age much more slowly than people. The same Vessemir, who will not give more than 65-70 in the game, remembers the rise of Kaer Morhen and his fall. Merigold is more than a hundred years old and she remembers him from a fairly young age and, moreover, he was already old. So how old is Geralt, the devil knows - maybe 40, maybe 90 ..

Taken from http://forum.igromania.ru/showthread.php?t=6732&page=164

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

Mortimerius
12/18/07 19:07 - and I didn’t say that I don’t believe it - it was just interesting to find out ...

Yes, no one will tell Geralt how old it is for sure. But if he even exceeded 100, then damn it he doesn't look like an old man ...;))))

G
GK 06.01.22

The truth is somewhere nearby ...

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

Here is also the definition of evil (Shrike):

Evil is iron and fire, which will roam here when we stand against each other. Don't you think I'm suggesting Lesser Evil is the best solution?

... Again a contradiction:

- Geralt, Stregobor asked you to kill me?
- Yes. He believed it would be the Lesser Evil.
- And you refused him the same as me?
- Also.
- Why?
- Because I don't believe in Lesser Evil.

T
Trast Ltd 06.01.22

Kill everyone. The Lord in the next world will discern - someone to hell, someone to heaven ...

G
GK 06.01.22

- Geralt, Stregobor asked you to kill me?
- Yes. He believed it would be the Lesser Evil.
- And you refused him the same as me?
- Also.
- Why?
- Because I don't believe in Lesser Evil.

Are you too lazy to read the previous posts?

GK
12/18/07 5:50 PM
In the story about the shrike, Geralt said that he does not believe in a lesser evil, such as evil, it is also evil in Africa.

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

GK - yes, where is laziness, I'm not talking about that ... I just want to understand what kind of person Our Geralt is. (I'm just giving examples from the book - a bunch of contradictions :)

Here's another ...
Lesser Evil exists, but we are not able to choose it ourselves. Only a Very Big Evil can force us to make such a choice. Whether we like it or not.

G
GK 06.01.22

Like the meaning of your words:

There will be no lesser evil until a greater evil appears in order to compare it with a lesser one, and understand that it is less ...

Am I right?

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

GK - no, it's from the book))))

Here's another side of Geralt:
My father is Vesemir. So what, what is not real. I didn't know the real thing, neither did my mother. I don’t even know if they’re alive. And, in general, I don't care.

Kaer Morhen ... I went through a normal mutation there. Trial with Herbs, and then - as always. Hormones, extracts, viruses. And all over again. Once again. Until the result. It was believed that I had survived the Transmutation remarkably well and had been ill for a very short time. Well, I was considered sufficiently immunized - there is such a learned word - a guy and was selected for the next, more complex ... experiments. These were even cleaner. Much. But, as you can see, I survived. The only one selected for these experiments. Since then I have white hair. Complete absence of pigment. As they say - a side effect. So, little thing. Almost does not interfere.
Then they taught me everything. Pretty long. And finally the day came when I left Kaer Morhen and went out onto the highway. I already had a medallion. This. Wolf School Badge. They also gave me two swords - a silver one and a steel one. In addition to swords, I carried conviction, fuse, motivation and ... faith. Belief that I am needed and useful. Because the world, Iola, is supposedly full of monsters and beasts, and my task was to protect those who are threatened by these monsters ...

G
GK 06.01.22

I read it ...

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

GK- I don't doubt a bit)))))))))) They just don't read it anyway;))

... But I have always adhered to the principles. No, not a code. Sometimes he just covered himself with the code. People love it. Those who have codes and are guided by them are honored and respected ...

Exactly on the topic)))

... I thought I would choose the Lesser Evil. Well, I chose ... Lesser Evil. Lesser evil! I, Geralt of Rivia. Which is also called the Butcher of Blaviken ...

G
GK 06.01.22

in the quote, you forgot that witchers do not have a code, and Geralt uses it as a cover ...