3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22 11:32 pm

Geralt of Rivia, known as The Witcher

For someone he is a villain, for someone he is a hero-savior ... And what or who is Geralt for you?

I propose here to discuss (my point of view) Geralt of Rivia, known as the Butcher of Blaviken.
His actions, his attitude to the world - In a word, the Witcher ...
71 Comments
Sort by:
B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

Well, yes, I just read it later;))) Soria - I will improve))))))

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

... Koyone (corrected I beg your pardon) was young, seemed the same age as Lambert. He wore a short black beard, which, however, did not hide the strong hazel grouses after smallpox. This was rather unusual because witchers were generally highly immune to infectious diseases.

b
bl1nDT1ger 06.01.22

... Geralt was young, seemed the same age as Lambert. He wore a short black beard, which, however, did not hide the strong hazel grouses after smallpox. This was rather unusual because witchers were generally highly immune to infectious diseases.

This is not a description of Geralt =) This is a description of Lambert =) And the whole charm of Geralt is that he, in principle, is not so good - a positive hero. The fall is profitable, but it has quite rigid principles. And oddly enough, he never looked for adventures on his soft spot, but always found them because this was his Destiny.

R
Revan 06.01.22

>>> ... Geralt was young, he seemed the same age as Lambert. Wore a short black beard
. I think it's about Koyon.

b
bl1nDT1ger 06.01.22

Geralt was young, seemed to be the same age as Lambert. Wore a short black beard.

The Blood of Elves, the very beginning. Koyon's description, as Crevan said.

G
Gamn 06.01.22

As far as I remember from the books of Yenifer, it was about 90 (or over 90), Geralt is older than her, but it was not immediately specified, and Merigolt seems to be younger than both of them ...

G
GK 06.01.22

and Merigolt seems to be younger than both of them ...

Tris is older than Vesemir, and Vesemir taught Geralt ...

G
Gamn 06.01.22

Tris is older than Vesemir
Where did you get this from? I would like to know more ...

C
CemKey 06.01.22

Sapkowski's magicians are able to slow down very much (with the help of magic naturally) their aging.

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

Corrected sorry - it was Koyon

G
Gamn 06.01.22

Sapkowski's magicians are able to slow down very much (with the help of magic naturally) their aging.
If you are telling me this, then I am about this taste, I wanted to clarify about Merigolt's age, she was like the youngest in the Lodge of Sorceresses ...

B
BumblebeeDi 06.01.22

That's what Geralt himself says about himself in "Blood of the Elves" - Triss
... But I'm not noble enough for that. And not manly enough. I am not fit to be a soldier or a hero. I am excruciatingly afraid to die or be crippled. But this is not the only reason. The soldier cannot be made not to be afraid, but it can be armed with a foundation, a motivation that will help him overcome fear. And I have no such motivation. And it can't be. I am a witcher. An artificially created mutant. I kill monsters. For money. Protecting children if parents pay. If my Nilfgaardian parents pay me, I will protect the Nilfgaardian children. And even if the whole world turns into ruins, which I do not believe in, I will kill monsters on the ruins until one of them finishes me. This is my destiny, my motivation, my life and my relationship to the world. And I didn’t choose. Others did it for me.

Triss, this is a simple cold calculation. Statistics. Not a single witcher has died of old age, in bed, dictating a will. No one.

A
Aang11 06.01.22

He kills people, protecting elves or something else. Remind me how many Geralt killed in the game ?! Many, very many. I have not read the book, but I watched movies. He killed people, even sometimes protecting monsters. He is not like other witchers. ...

a
artem 97 06.01.22

I just understand that Geralt has principles of not killing endangered people (sword of predestination), to be neutral in any case, etc., etc.

D
Darth aleks 06.01.22

All the same, I will not abandon him, because he is GOOD!

L
Lichor 06.01.22

Remember Zoltan Khivay. He and his dwarf friends slapped and robbed the merchant, but they help the refugees on the road, and for the sake of this help they carry supplies from other refugees. Zoltana said that you cannot please everyone, it is better to be kind to one person.

T
Tiger [Overmind] 06.01.22

Hmm ... This story in Blackeveen is a clear example of the fact that you cannot do the right thing. Moreover, ironically, Geralt had known both Renfrey and Stregobor before. And both asked him for help. If he accepted neutrality, Renfrey would have carved out the entire village for Stregobor would never have climbed out of the tower. If he took Renfrey's side, the village would have taken up arms against them, and then the whole village would have to be massacred. He sided with Stregobor and killed Renfrey in front of the people. But the people did not know about her plans. And Geralt was expelled from the village, or rather the town.
But it was possible to do otherwise, to do as Renfrey suggested when she personally came to Geralt. He could secretly make his way to Stergobor alone and bang it. After all, Renfrey was just not a lesser evil, but was a hunted and embittered person whom superstitious people and insidious magicians like Stregobor tried to exterminate just because she was born in an eclipse. If in the game it was possible to beat such a case, then I would help Renfrey.

L
Lichor 06.01.22

ME_123
... Geralt was familiar with Renfrey before ...

He was not with Renfrey, only with Stegobor, and he had previously thrown him with payment for the order.

T
Tiger [Overmind] 06.01.22

Lichor

Didn't he save her as a girl from her pursuers? I just didn't know her name. And it's not about Ciri.

L
Lichor 06.01.22

ME_123

It was when he just went out to the highway, he saw the bandits who tried to rape her in front of her father and hacked them to death. Then another girl vomited, and the father washed away, forgetting about his daughter?