3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yariko.v 16.11.19 10:27 pm

Which is better - the remake or the original? (Resident Evil 2)

Which game is preferable?

I chose the original. Due to several reasons.

Firstly it is great not very new GF9800 card. The second is the same game with the same interesting plot and characters. Thirdly and more importantly, you do not want to upgrade to DX11+.
46 Comments
Sort by:
x
xxxnewman 06.03.21

Remake.

S
STING77 19.03.21

So let's talk about the RE 2 remake, went through the whole game, in 6 Hours for Leon, and in 5 Hours for Clara, so let's start the game forward .....
Cut scene, go to the gas station, and then the first disappointment, zombies and bad graphics, the second moment the "toy weapon" of the zombie catches 4-5 bullets in the head and still stands, then we pass on to the police station ... it looks beautiful, photorealistic, as if you are dipping into Childhood for a long time, but then what I don't like begins, dark corridors, running around with a flashlight, eye strain, puzzles with keys, pleased, three medals to open the statues and the underground passage, the Tyrant who learned to open doors and enter the save rooms, now you do not feel security anywhere, like in ALIEN ISOLATION ...
After the site there is a parking lot, then a sewer, the most flawed location, walking in the dark on shit, looking for chess pieces-plugs, then inserting them in the correct order ...
And so we got to the NEST laboratory, here we see Hank, the death of Birkin, plunge into nostalgia ... The
laboratory is more like an Apple office, although the game in 1998 should have lupy monitors everywhere and primitive videos -Cameras ...
Boss is defeated - the end ... the
second scenario is almost the same, but the battle with Birkin at the end on the train. ..
I advise. For those who play
BEFORE THE TRAIN, ACCUMULATE CARTRIDGES otherwise you will have to replay the game ...
On a Birkin light on the eye, 1.5 clips of an ordinary pistol or 3-4 from Magnum / 5/6 from a grenade launcher ...
On a complex 2-3 clips and 10- / 12 from a magnum and a grenade launcher ...
let's summarize the chart
What we liked ....
Annette Birkin is a beautiful blonde wife, the name of Annette is German style, the best scientists were always Germans, Annette is very similar to a blue-eyed German woman a beauty, not like a bogeyman of Ada-Wong with an Asian admixture and eyes like a Kazakh woman ...
In general, Annette Birkin is a beauty, my beloved woman from the RE universe
The site and its appearance were also not bad ...
Apple's NEST laboratory .... beautifully glamorous ... I doubt that it was built in 6 years 1991 -1998 there are many kilometer piles are not visible and the Energy Reactor, this is how many grandmas Ozvel Spencer drove into it, and some kind of asshole Birkin her once * ball, or rather because of him the leak of the virus, he went on a hike and went against Umbrella ...
Okay, not the point)))
Now that I didn't like it, the graphics are
angular in places, here is the beautiful appearance of the facade of the museum of the RPD site ... and next to it there are angular cars ...
Zombies too, they saved on models ... We also
saved on the textures of bosses ...
Also in the game, we decided to introduce elements of ballistics, recoil, rebound of bullets, and randomy in heads-ups, only for example if you shoot from a standard pistol aiming at a zombie's head, or if you shoot from a pistol with a modernized handle, I personally did not notice much difference It is not entirely clear how the weapon upgrade affects ballistics and random headshots ...
I also did not like the constant darkness and running around with a flashlight ...
TIRANA DRAWED BIRKIN ???? Seriously? Bulletproof cloak, and thick leather, rip such a carcass ??? Well, it's somehow doubtful ...
There are also many questions left.
Who shot down the helicopter, or why did it fall?
How does a zombie stand up to being hit in the head ???
There are one or two BOV-TIRANES wandering around the site ???
What caused the leak in the NEST lab, sabotaged it, or agents from outside ???
Who is Ada working for?
Or maybe Birkin got in touch with Vesker and N.S. F ...
In general, I will say this, I like the original RE2 1998 more ...
RE2 2019 - I think it's an average game, and not a rude game ...
In short, to put it bluntly, RE2 is SHIT ..
But better than 4-5-6 And so on ... there is generally slag ...

E
El_Trolo 19.03.21

You have to be completely beaten off by a person to consider that the original is better than the remake. Even taking into account the fact that this is a classic, in principle it cannot be better than the updated version for a number of obvious reasons.

D
Denis g 19.03.21

It's okay if people like the original better, if they started with it. Nostalgia takes out.
The original will not catch a new player today with anything, yes, but like most old games. That did not stop them from being great games then and being considered as such in retirement today.
And the remake ... well, I wouldn't call it great. A good game - yes, at least it didn’t break off the waiters, as the cyberprank did, but it certainly won’t become a cult one.

b
borismoiseevrmx 24.05.21

There was something in the original of the second, something indescribable in words, some kind of mysterious atmosphere. In the second remake, the atmosphere is more oppressive, dark.

J
Joddy 28.06.21

well, here specifically, you can't say which is better ... as a rule, the original is always better, but the remake turned out to be quite successful ... but, as they say, I keep up with the times, and therefore the original will forever remain in my heart, and I will give preference remake ...