3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tupas 07.02.22 11:11 pm

Half-Life 2: Survivor (Half-Life 2)

UPD 12:17 26.06: Updated installation instructions and links - executable files and patch are now in one archive.
Half-Life 2: Survivor is a Japanese HL2 for Taito Type X arcade machines, released in 2006. These machines ran on Windows XPe, which made it easy to tweak the game to run on a regular PC, especially considering that the game's assets have recently become available for download.

So, to start the game you will need:
The game resources themselves (7z, 2.7 GB) torrent, mega;
Models, textures and sounds of HL2 before switching to the ep1 engine;
And everything else - corrected executable files + a patch for the normal passage of the single.

Putting everything together is quite simple: first, unpack the downloaded archive with resources, then unpack the resources of the original HL2 into HL2AC/hl2/ without replacing the files located there and throw the contents of the third archive on top of all this.
After all this, the game can be launched via HL2Survivor_RunMe.bat, where you can also correct the launch parameters. The standard resolution is 1360 by 768, it is better not to change it if possible - the interface will be crooked. If you remove -ac from the launch options, the game will start with a menu from the usual HL2, which will be invisible until the launch of any map.

If everything is done correctly, then after the introductory videos, the game will ask you to toss a coin or press "Start". To throw a coin (they are needed to continue the game after death, for example - without them it will be impossible to press the "Yes" button), you need to press F1. Do not get carried away with coins: if you press F1 too often or just hold it for a long time, the game will crash with a "Coin error" error.
WHEN DEPARTURES, THE GAME RESTARTS THE COMPUTER, THIS IS NOT FIXED YET!
To start the game, you need to press F2. Menu controls: arrows - navigation, LMB - selection, Ctrl - back (does not work everywhere).

After accepting the terms of the license agreement (in general, XZ what it really is, but it seemed to me like a license agreement), we find ourselves in the main menu, in which you need to select a mode.
Story mode - "plot", although in fact there is almost nothing left of the plot. The maps have been severely truncated, two or three of each chapter are left, some chapters have been cut out altogether. There are no scripted scenes, instead of them videos are inserted (which for some reason are blue and blinking, but this is crap with codecs, others should not have this). The game begins in the canals, there is no VFM, there is no trip to the buggy, in general, there is only running around-shooting. There are 10 chapters in total.
Battle mode is an analogue of DM with bots. In theory, bots spawn when there are too few players, but there are no players at all, since the master servers were turned off already in 2010, so yes, DM with bots.
Mission mode - so far xs how to call it.
Some menu items cannot be selected, because to open them you need to go through training, but it does not work yet.

Links:
Model thread.
The old thread, as the name implies, is a thread for discussing the series in general, however, it was there that the main discussion of Survivor took place, especially towards the end, when everything started to work. Survivor's discussion is there somewhere until the 51st page, after which it moved into a separate thread.
A new thread, this time officially dedicated to Survivor, was created quite recently and so far there is not much interesting in it.
List of all commands and variables.
Video from the game.
A few screenshots.
114 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 07.02.22

Nafig TF2 in the incentive, I download this torrent from HL2S))

Windows XPe
e - is it embedded type?

you may also need a patch for XP;
Uh, I think it's worth clarifying the wording: is this a patch for the game itself, so that it works under XP, or for XP itself, so that the game works on it? %)

PS ATP for the topic, you can immediately see that where to download from, how to install, very convenient.

T
Tupas 07.02.22

e is of type embedded?
Yes, it is.

Uh, I think it's worth clarifying the wording: is this a patch for the game itself, so that it works under XP, or for XP itself, so that the game works on it? %)
For the game, otherwise hl2.exe is compiled there in Visual Studio 2012, and it needs at least Vista.

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

The standard resolution is 1360 by 768
Fu bathhurt, and if my monica resolution is smaller in width, will it even start with this? Although I can put it as the main big one, and then it will not be necessary to take a steam bath ...

the interface will be crooked.
The interface, of course, is hot, poor HL2, how did she withstand such a mockery of herself?))

To throw a coin (I don’t remember why, but they seem to be needed), you need to press F1.
Emulation of a coin, tin %) The very fact of the existence of the arcade version of HL2 blows the brain ...

WHEN DEPARTURES THE GAME RESETS THE COMPUTER, IT IS NOT FIXED YET!
Stage five! XD

And what about the saves, if the game crashes like this, can it be continued?

The console was not dug up there, by any chance?)) Is it possible to find out the version of the engine somehow? However, it is already clear that the source is old, most likely the 6th, there was no other at that time. Okay, I'll take a look inside...

T
Tupas 07.02.22

And what about the saves, if the game crashes like this, can it be continued?
There you can select a chapter in the menu, they are all short, they go through in a few minutes.
There are a bunch of some saves in the SAVE folder, but they seem to be loaded just when a chapter is selected. Most likely you can save through the "console".

The console was not dug up there, by any chance?))
The Japanese cut out the console, but ben1066 returned it and now it is in a separate window.

Is there any way to find out the version of the engine?
Exe version: 1.0.0.5 (hl2dm)
Exe build: 11:48:26 Mar 16 2009 (3782)
That's just xs, can you believe this, the executable is not native.

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

but ben1066 returned it and now it is in a separate window.
Damn, just fine))

The version of the exe-shnik doesn’t work here anyway, it won’t give information about the engine itself (well, although the build version seems to be the same), and since it was compiled by third-party people, all the more so ... From this information it is clear that the guys took some kind of chl2dmny *.exe as a basis, and nothing more. In general, I'll look for some thread of information myself when I download and install everything ...

PS Also, I think it's worth inserting a link to your gallery of screenshots from this game in the first place.

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

we find ourselves in the main menu
Ochepyatko.

but it's crap with codecs
Um, but what about codecs? I can suggest installing/reinstalling K-Lite, it removes broken codecs during installation.

The game begins in the canals, there is no VFM, there is no trip to the buggy, in general, there is only running around, shooting.
Is there a boat, or was it also under the knife?

since the master servers were turned off already in 2010
, and if it worked, could you connect? %) However, even if it’s not possible, the guys could finish it themselves ...
So, since the 10th year there are no more such machines, right? Well, at least their supporters, the old ones can still finish their term in the outback...

Mission mode - so far xs what to call it.
In the ruvik there are links to videos with a demonstration of the process, at the very bottom there:
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Survivor
//upd: only they don’t open for me, the links are dead

T
Tupas 07.02.22

PS Also, I think it's worth inserting a link to your gallery of screenshots from this game in the first place.
Added, also uploaded a few screenshots of the menu and inserted links to them in the text.

Ochepyatko.
Ps, fixed it.

Um, what about codecs? I can suggest installing/reinstalling K-Lite, it removes broken codecs during installation.
He is worth it. In general, there are usually no problems, but it’s in game videos that the sound lags, then the video is blue and flashes. And so almost does not interfere, and therefore too lazy to reinstall.

Is there a boat, or was it also under the knife?
Yes, I have it there even on several screenshots. The gun is still on it.

Y, and if it worked - could you connect? %) However, even if it’s impossible, the guys could finish it themselves ...
It looks like you can play through the console.

So, since the 10th year there are no more such machines, right? Well, at least their support, the old ones can still finish their term in the outback...
Maybe there is, but only with bots in battle mode. In general, someone wrote that the machines were then remade for some other game.

And yes, keep in mind that we are breaking the law here.pix.playground.ru

T
Tupas 07.02.22

The stanstik there is kind of strange.

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

And yes, keep in mind that we are violating the law here [show]
You have already come for me

models. It's just LOL, the Japanese licensed Source to make such miserable models ((What about the gas masks of GO guys? Although on the first screen of Tupas, it seems like normal GO guys are higher ...

Also a small lol from there, the comparison is just asking:

pix.playground.ru

edit
Total there are three modes in the game:
And the wiki says about 5 modes:

Operation, Mission, Battle, Attract, Story

It's a pity the videos were lost...

T
Tupas 07.02.22

Those models are for battle/michon mod players and bots only.
http://pix.playground.ru/588072/18348/841009/

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

Well, I understood, but anyway, in HL2DM there are normal models, but here they did a damn thing ... Although the combinations with yellow armpits pleased me.

Also, because this same arcade machine differs little in software from a PC, then the hardware is appropriate there, you can see and check out the config all in the same wiki:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X

C
Cvoxalury 07.02.22

Wretched stylistically or technically? This is still for automatic machines, it seems to me that the iron is so-so there.

Ah, well, that's about iron. Well, I wouldn't say it's cool.

x
xDDGx 07.02.22

Wretched stylistically or technically?
...and so, and so... However, you already look, suddenly you will like it ^^ The first and second links of stupidity (thread with models and the main thread) lead to this video.

Well, I wouldn't say it's cool.
For the old Source just come down. I think no one will install cool smoothings there, probably ... So it shouldn’t slow down, well, maybe because of the water in some places, and it’s not known what options there are at all. So the models could have done better, because the source is mainly focused on working with them.

C
Cvoxalury 07.02.22

However, you yourself see

So I looked. Technically, of course, not chic, but not alphaHL either ... but stylistically - after SM I’m not at all surprised, besides, these are Japanese. All of them are weird to say the least.

T
Tupas 07.02.22

It turned out that there are a lot more new weapons in the game than just a moto catcher cocktail with a grenade model. They could somehow be opened for playing in multiplayer, but this can no longer be done with dead servers, but it can be done through the console. Before starting the game, you need to enter debug_equip_weapon 1 and select a battle mode. While HZ is it possible to get them in story fashion.
Here you can read something about them.

S
Svarthjarta 07.02.22

I watched a video with demonstrations of models - I laughed. Once again, I was convinced that for the Japanese, the bowler hat works according to a different principle, not like other people).
Although Gordon seems to look quite adequate, though this model may not be their production, I don’t know for sure.

T
Tupas 07.02.22

In that modeling thread on the FP, by the way, they also think that Gordon's model was given to them by Valve, like its texture is similar to one photo from RTB.

S
Svarthjarta 07.02.22

Incidentally, it is possible).
By the way, that model seemed to me the closest to the Gordon that we see on the covers and art, unlike all the other fan options that I know, and I know three of them.
After all, even looking at some of the art, you can immediately see that the picture was taken from a snapshot of a 3D model, which means that Valve's Freeman must definitely exist.
Just one point: Freeman's eyes on the texture seem to be blue, although they should be green.

T
Tupas 07.02.22

So the texture of the face, the eyes have a different texture.

S
Svarthjarta 07.02.22

Ah, well, that's okay then.
It’s just that I don’t have this creation on my computer (at least for now), so I didn’t have the opportunity to rummage through the game files.