3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Devil208 04.03.22 12:49 am

Bought a tablet. What to do with him now?

Every day I go to work by bus and often see this picture: people are sitting with their gadgets and do not know what to do with them. Some listen to music on the phone, text - okay, let them listen, text. This is fine. There are no complaints about this.
But there are individuals who do not know what to do with their device. They take out their tablet from Apple (although most often the cheapest on Android) and start flicking back and forth on the screen, back and forth. Open one app, close it, open another, minimize it. They will open some game that they are already fed up with, poke a little, close the game and again begin to flick through the menu back and forth. Then they will go to the Internet, open Yandex, just like that, without a specific goal, they will enter some garbage in the search bar and immediately go to the main menu of the tablet. Then they will sit and think about what to do next. They will open some video, realizing that they will not watch it. They swipe it, close it. Then they put the tablet on the lock and put it back in the bag.
Well, you understand. Why do these people do such strange things? They carry these bulky gadgets with them, but do not know what to do with them. Where can they use a tablet? Hoping to find free Wi-Fi? But why, again? Are they not allowed to stay at home? Why do people need a tablet, someone will say? I'm probably out of touch with life.
104 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sidorovich 04.03.22

I bought myself a cheap Chinese with a keyboard, after a little file processing I got a good typewriter, cheaper than any netbook, but alas, it also falls short in terms of functionality.

m
masha 04.03.22

My sister recently got a tablet, her first-grader son spends all day poking around in it, he will have to ask why he needs it.

P
Porsche911GT3RS 04.03.22

similar bullshit. The tablet is a very strange thing, before buying it is good, but after it is gone.

D
Devil208 04.03.22

masha It's
better to ask your sister why she needs it) A first-grader understands why - it's interesting all the same)

Porsche911GT3RS
before buying it has a sense.
Rather, there is an idea in my head that it will be useful and the thing is useful. But while you do not know what the usefulness is, and awareness will appear after the purchase. This thought is swirling around in my head. But here's the bad luck - insight does not come in any way after the purchase.

P
Porsche911GT3RS 04.03.22

Devil208
bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
and watched TV shows on it: Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Spartacus, Vikings, a few movies. I played Real Racing 3, by the way, there are 14 Porsche cars there! and it seems that the tablet became unnecessary ...

G
Grimreaper 04.03.22

Tablets suck.

T
TIRASS 04.03.22

When in motion on public transport and an hour to go - I read books, plus music. When traffic jams - we look at the map of the detour route. We often order dinner home when we arrive late, because of traffic jams :) We must not only buy tablets, but learn how to use them. So, who is a fly swatter, and who benefits.

T
TIRASS 04.03.22

And another child uses the same books and a tablet to read books, an excellent English teacher, for four years already with the help of a translator with English pronunciation. Plus cartoons for children and movies. Wife, often in the kitchen, as a cookbook. Convenient, because you can listen and do :)

G
Grimreaper 04.03.22

One man sat at the tablet for so long that he forgot how to read real books, and later his eyes bled out.

T
TTG 04.03.22

New perspectives opened
Spoiler

666BirdOfHermes666 04.03.22

I don't see any need. You can read a book or play some games.

P
PiRoMaNcHiKLo 04.03.22

Break it to hell. It was annoying that the phone sits down after 3-4 hours of (PASSIVE) work, so I took Nokia 2000 and everything is fine. And I have a computer for entertainment and games.

And I communicate with people only through a computer. There is no company - through a call or live.

g
gtaman 04.03.22

PiRoMaNcHiKLo
Infuriated that the phone sits down after 3-4 hours (PASSIVE) work
This does not happen in the case of a serviceable device. Maybe your mobile internet was turned on?

P
PiRoMaNcHiKLo 04.03.22

GTAman
Yes, no. He just turned 2 years old :)

g
gtaman 04.03.22

PiRoMaNcHiKLo
Understood. Although for such a period the battery should not degrade so much.

D
Devil208 04.03.22

GTAman
This can happen if the battery is constantly discharged to the end and not fully charged. If you want the battery to last longer, then you can not plant it to the end. And on android it happens all the time.

g
gtaman 04.03.22

Devil208
Li-ion batteries have virtually no memory effect.

D
Devil208 04.03.22

GTAman
Just if you discharge them to the end, then the charge will eventually come out of them. You can constantly recharge, but it is not recommended to completely discharge and then charge.

g
gtaman 04.03.22

Devil208
I said something past the cash register :) It seemed that you, on the contrary, said about the inadmissibility of frequent recharging.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.03.22

A.Soldier of Light Put away
computers and video games and see what the children will do then)
And what did you do before? Are gardens, ruins, construction sites, unattended swimming in deep reservoirs better? Or are green bombs / rotten eggs from the 9th floor better for passers-by?