3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Desepy 10.03.22 12:11 am

Whispering Hill (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

There is a random mistake in the title "Spoilers"

I probably read all the comments on various sites
I did not come to the conclusion whether to kill the spirit?
On the one hand, this spirit will save the children, whom we will later see in the orphanage in Novigrad, but at the same time the Baron and his wife will die. The baron and his wife seem to deserve death, but they don't. Also, the spirit will burn the village, someone will say that this is evil, but this village worshiped witches, maybe it’s right (But there are also children and girls in the village, I doubt that they somehow treated witches). There will be a pogrom in the castle, as there is no one to rule.
If the spirit is killed, then the Baron and his wife will remain alive (the wife will go crazy and they will leave Velen with the Baron to the healer), the children will be devoured, the witch hunters will hang a couple of people from the Steiger village. There will also be a pogrom in the castle.
What is right on the part of the witcher?
70 Comments
Sort by:
d
dmitrians 10.03.22

Desepy,
well, she proved it by deed and kept her word, but she could take her children away - and someone else wrote that she was a druid

M
Mavladiy1988 10.03.22

dmitrians
someone wrote))) and when you play the dialogues do not listen?)

G
GamesKnight 10.03.22

Everyone decides for himself, in this case there is no positive choice. This is the case that is described in the book as a choice between lesser and greater evil. But now, which of the evil is greater, the developers have already decided. I saved the spirit, only to save the children, and in the video after the quest, Geralt said that they say I chose the greater evil. It is interesting only in what, according to the idea of ​​the developers, it is larger.
In general, I recommend everyone not to look into the passage, although I myself have already done it a couple of times, but I try to get rid of this bad habit that many players have developed after the massive spread of the Internet. After all, the game is an RPG, where the player plays his role. What is the point then to adapt to any ending, in which case there can be no talk of RPGs.

M
Mavladiy1988 10.03.22

Bats123765
eh, everyone would think so! I also chose saving the children, even if I knew the consequences, I would still choose this option.

E
EvilSeph4 10.03.22

It seems that the spirit can be released before going to the baron, and they will be together with his wife.

d
dmitrians 10.03.22

Mavladiy1988
it was not from dialogues, but from a game book - which, unfortunately, I don’t read (I don’t like to break away from the game for the sake of some little game story

C
ChesterF 10.03.22

EvilSeph4
then the village dies, and there are no children in Novigrad, most likely they also die.

O
Oleg Bervinov 10.03.22

Without Compromise
, the spirit punished those who harmed the forest and the land it protected.
the inhabitants of the Shteigers wanted to burn the forest, that's about rowing.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

You have to be an altruist like Zoltan.

N
Nailus7 10.03.22

Let's start with the fact that the spirit of this mother is the spirit of "haze", from this you can find out that he is the spirit of deceit, illusions, etc., generally evil, and if he is released, it will be more evil, as he will begin to wreak havoc, on one village, he obviously will not stop

N
Nailus7 10.03.22

Plus, she was still mad, and already cheated death, in general, if you go deeper, it will be clear that killing him is a more correct choice, albeit through the life of children, because the spirit will arrange more chaos

E
Elite User 10.03.22

At the end of the quest with the baron, if the spirit is released, Geralt says that he chose a greater evil. And the life of 4 children in exchange for the life of the baron, his wife and the whole village (again with children) is not worth it. These children just happened to get in the way of Geralt, and so the Witches ate such children for centuries, so there would be no difference. And you can save the children and the baron, but at the cost of the village. So the canon is the death of children (who were abandoned).

N
Nailus7 10.03.22

Elite User
Precisely)

D
Dead Mozay 10.03.22

strangely, I freed the spirit and he galloped away like horsemeat with burning eyes, and the baron and his wife remained alive and left to look for a doctor for her. Then the witches ran into me, they say they asked to kill me, but I didn’t, in the village, before going to the chisels, his wife was mochilovo, as I understood the baron’s people went crazy, but I don’t remember the fate of the children, I don’t seem to know about them at all then mentioned, neither then nor after. Yes, and the ending turned out to be sad for me, Ciri left to defeat the white cold and did not return, Geralt was devoured by the ghouls in the swamps, and nothing was said about Ian and Tris in the epilogue.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Elite User
I.e. children from the village mean more than these children?
The Baron is still not a sinless angel, he has quite a few sins in his soul, and it seems that he began to get kinder only when he was left without a family.

Geralt also says that he did a little good.

O
OlololKing 10.03.22

Oleg Bervinov,
well, in principle, this is what I meant))

S
SeregaTyl 10.03.22

For the mind and heart, the option when the Baron and his wife remain alive is more "correct"

But, if according to the game, without "spoiler" tips from the forum, then the release of the spirit is a more "natural" scenario. Geralt is not a telepath. Yes, and it is more natural for the player to try to save the children, use this chance and return the kids. In addition, the release of the spirit promises further development of the quest. If you are playing for the first time. Purely. No forum. Even if you have already read a book about witches and their mother, drawn parallels, then in this case, the release of the spirit is a more natural option. After all, the enemy of my enemy can be my temporary ally.

Therefore, killing a spirit is more often the choice of those who like to be a god and look into the epilogue of a book they are reading.
Therefore, freeing the spirit is more often the choice of those who play from scratch. No hints.

A
Angelica04 10.03.22

A good mother would not raise such three daughters of witch-creatures. So let go of her stupidity. She's obviously lying about being a druid. She was also a witch, most likely. And she is clearly not kinder than her daughters.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Or the book was written by the same author as the Monstronium or the witcher's description.

E
Elite User 10.03.22

NightHawkreal After all
, his wife is also not a sinless angel, she walked around, the Baron also says that it would be okay if she went once, but she went often, fell in love with some Evan when her daughter was born and she was already married. You can understand the baron, but his whore wife is in no way. Therefore, the actions of the Baron are 100% justified. And Geralt by no means says that he did a small good, he clearly says that he chose a greater evil by releasing evil spirits.