3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fearrex 10.03.22 11:01 pm

Thief (2014) vs Dishonored (Thief (2014))

Everyone is actively comparing the new Thief with Dishonored, but, in fact, these are different games. Thief is stealth and steal, Dishonored is more mochilo with elements of stealth, which the developers openly admit.
Both of these games are similar in the steampunk atmosphere - the same gloomy City, the hungry and dying poor, the plague, the rich get even richer, the authorities issue degenerate and inhuman laws, etc. The allusion to the present is obvious.
But the main problem of the Thief is that this is a restart of the old title. First, they removed the actor who voiced Garrett, and the new dude hums in his nose unnaturally. Secondly, THIS has nothing to do with the old parts, and the new Thief is a dude a la Batman, living in the clock tower, stealing "purely for fun and because he is like that in life", walks with an OPEN (!!!) face (i.e., about disguise, he is neither a dream nor a spirit) and in general he does not care about anything.
The plot is close and as accessible as possible to the target audience, namely solvent (at the expense of parents) teenagers, there are no frills there, and most importantly - the gameplay. It’s not very good either, but it’s hard to expect gameplay miracles from the creators of Kryd, and they honestly tried to please both old-schoolers and newcomers.
It seems that everything is there, everything glows, Garrett steals, the guards are stupid, there are a lot of gadgets and traps, but somehow the sensations are not the same.
I would say that the new Thief is a great introduction to the stealth world for beginners and an opportunity to play in easy mode for veterans. Just do not look for deep meaning where it was not intended. This is a business)

PS But for me personally, Thief Gold and Thief 2: Metal Age remain a model of stealth, but these games are unlikely to suit modern gamers because of "wretched graphics". Although there are mods with HD textures, and if immersion in the gameplay is more important than graphics for someone, then I recommend starting with the classics.
76 Comments
Sort by:
g
godsmack 10.03.22

Fearrex
I agree, the restart did not take place. The developers are trying to please modern "gamers" who are afraid of difficulties, hardcore, give them "cruise graphics" and "action cold". And only a few developers are not afraid to make hardcore games now (if anyone didn't understand, I'm talking about ND with their TLOU).
By the way, either I didn’t search well, or there’s really no information, but I don’t understand at what chronological time this part takes place? Is this a continuation? Background? Branch? The eye seems to be glassy (although it looks like an ordinary one), so this is at least after the 1st part, but then the question is ...

_
_Lemon_ 10.03.22

Apparently, a similar topic and a flood around this topic cannot be avoided at all. Well, if you have a desire to compare and argue, then do it exclusively in this thread. From all other topics, even a hint of chatter about Thief (2014) vs Dishonored will be deleted instantly.

555mafiozzo555 10.03.22

Why is everyone comparing the game to Dishonored? The new "Thief" was developed long before the "Dishonored", so it remains a question of "who peeped at whom." The whole point is: who will release it first. Yes, Dishonored is a great game, but in terms of the amount of content and visual design, the game is much inferior to the thief - you can immediately see that Dishonored was released in a hurry.

555mafiozzo555 10.03.22

Different games, period! The only thing they have in common is the first-person view.

G
Garrold 10.03.22

Badfox1988
Nothing is in vain. The game is just a Dishonored clone. I know FIFA came out earlier. But the new FIFA, which is 2014, is more like a dishonored than its classic trilogy.

P
PIRAT69 10.03.22

godsmack
I'll write... I haven't read further... Well, if you're interested, read at your leisure, maybe you'll find something new!!!

J
Just Do It Again 10.03.22

What is Garrold
like, new engine and graphics?? If at the time of the first parts of Thief there were the same technologies, it would look like now, don't talk nonsense!

555mafiozzo555 10.03.22

Just Do It Again
In color said!)

d
david11 10.03.22

And they are united by the vaunted UE3 with full statics of the whole world and cardboard but beautiful decor. And I see no reason to compare...

M
Marquess 10.03.22

as for me, dishonored one of the best stealth, close to the standard

E
Erick Hartman 10.03.22

Vilgefortz
dishonored one of the best stealth, close to the Facepalm standard

s
stHarty 10.03.22

Dishonored is more like dieselpunk. And according to the subject - they are similar - with an atmosphere, a stealth system, collecting garbage to get currency, a plague in the city, a totalitarian rotten top and an episode in a brothel, of course)

3Dionis 10.03.22

Vilgefortz, the mere presence of a cheat teleport to Dishonord, throws this game away from the stealth standard by a hundred kilometers. I'm not talking about the almost complete absence of AI.

D
DadVdota2 10.03.22

The new thief is a script on a script, you can't even jump.
And Disonord can run at lightning speed in a couple of hours, while in full stealth.
Yes, you just compare the strokes in the fall in these games! In Disonord, you jump from 50 meters and land on a guard, piercing him with a blade along the way, and in Thief we watch a scripted scene. Damn simple.

W
Warlock III 10.03.22

Thief

W
Warlock III 10.03.22

Gooddamn
In Disonord, you jump from 50 meters and land on a guard, piercing him with your blade along the way, and in Thief we watch a scripted scene.
This is the difference between action stealth and tactical stealth.

[
[_LeoN_] HUNTER 10.03.22

It is foolish to compare the father (Thief) with the son (Dishonored) ((very distant son)) they are similar to each other only in that there is a plague here and there in the city and everything is sadly bad, otherwise they are different games. I can’t now compare the new thief with the old parts due to the fact that the game is not yet available ...
UPD Well, let's have even more minuses, or explain to me what I'm wrong about, of course, if for some people (10-12 years old ) Dishonored is a Masterpiece 10/10 GOTY

R
Russian_Lawyer 10.03.22

I'm still for Thief, because Dishonored is fantasy, and I don't like it.

O
Oleg1706 10.03.22

Gooddamn
I wonder how it is to jump from 50 meters, plunge the blade and stand up calmly?
[_LeoN_] HUNTER
You are correct.

S
Stratel 2010 10.03.22

I personally liked the game, but still it falls short of the first three parts.