3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fearrex 10.03.22 11:01 pm

Thief (2014) vs Dishonored (Thief (2014))

Everyone is actively comparing the new Thief with Dishonored, but, in fact, these are different games. Thief is stealth and steal, Dishonored is more mochilo with elements of stealth, which the developers openly admit.
Both of these games are similar in the steampunk atmosphere - the same gloomy City, the hungry and dying poor, the plague, the rich get even richer, the authorities issue degenerate and inhuman laws, etc. The allusion to the present is obvious.
But the main problem of the Thief is that this is a restart of the old title. First, they removed the actor who voiced Garrett, and the new dude hums in his nose unnaturally. Secondly, THIS has nothing to do with the old parts, and the new Thief is a dude a la Batman, living in the clock tower, stealing "purely for fun and because he is like that in life", walks with an OPEN (!!!) face (i.e., about disguise, he is neither a dream nor a spirit) and in general he does not care about anything.
The plot is close and as accessible as possible to the target audience, namely solvent (at the expense of parents) teenagers, there are no frills there, and most importantly - the gameplay. It’s not very good either, but it’s hard to expect gameplay miracles from the creators of Kryd, and they honestly tried to please both old-schoolers and newcomers.
It seems that everything is there, everything glows, Garrett steals, the guards are stupid, there are a lot of gadgets and traps, but somehow the sensations are not the same.
I would say that the new Thief is a great introduction to the stealth world for beginners and an opportunity to play in easy mode for veterans. Just do not look for deep meaning where it was not intended. This is a business)

PS But for me personally, Thief Gold and Thief 2: Metal Age remain a model of stealth, but these games are unlikely to suit modern gamers because of "wretched graphics". Although there are mods with HD textures, and if immersion in the gameplay is more important than graphics for someone, then I recommend starting with the classics.
76 Comments
Sort by:
H
Heksenpay 10.03.22

It's stupid to write anything here, because both Thief and Dishonored are both good in their own way, I played both games and they are great. More such genres. Here's just one "but" in Dishonored, a very annoying bug with the language bar!!

A
Atergros 10.03.22

Dishonored

A
Ajsberg 10.03.22

I apologize for the off-topic, but still ... Tell me, apart from Basso and Vitori, does anyone else give additional tasks?

K
Keks 10.03.22

Ajsberg Go
to Ector's shop. He also gives assignments.

M
Manas Askarov 10.03.22

Both games are good, I have nothing against them. Excellent graphics. I especially liked the ability. Respect

A
Ajsberg 10.03.22

Keks, Mursi)
I already figured it out. In the next Temko I threw a link to the guide, if suddenly something.

P
PIRAT69 10.03.22

Well, yes, and that and that passed) nothing like that !!

S
Slonvprotivogaze 10.03.22

Nothing impressed. Maybe the dishonored turned out to be better gameplay and so on, but removed it because of the plot, and only after that because of stealth.

M
MasterJedi 10.03.22

[_LeoN_] HUNTER
For me, Dishonored is a masterpiece, because you are responsible for your actions in it - and this is the main thing.
you can go through everything and get Hellish Chaos and pogrom of the empire - here you are and lovers of shooter fail.

You can complete the expansion without atonement and Corvo will slit your throat. I think because of this final scene, many schoolchildren who love to break cursed, but thank God that the developers did not cave in and said:
If you are a killer, then be ready to die like a dog, falling into a ditch.
What's wrong with Garrett? I would be impressed if he was caught and hanged at the end, but that, alas, will not happen.
Such an ending would be unpredictable.

U
UNATCO 10.03.22

dishonord is many times better ... the atmosphere is gloomier in Sif.

A
AnotherJohnSmith 10.03.22

It's hard to find a word to describe a stealth game that has several types of arrows to kill/knock out enemies, but you can only jump over and jump onto objects in specially designated areas.
The mechanics are lousy, the plot floats at the same level. The graphics are nothing special, the animation is pretty bad. The cons of this game brutally slaughter and desecrate the bodies and graves of the few pluses that remain.

To compare Thief to Dishonored, Thief needs to be at least four heads taller than the stealth abortionist he is.

N
NatanieLzZ 10.03.22

It's hard to find a word to describe a stealth game that has time stop, teleportation, possessing and a bunch of kill-focused abilities, and the whole stealth comes down to the "stop time-portal-restore mana" scheme. Repeat ad infinitum (well, or at least until the end credits). Passed, if anything, at the maximum level of difficulty. Yawned. But the combat and the world are great.

d
demax17 10.03.22

Dishonored is a good game, and if you don't use time-stop and teleport (like I did), even better.

Thief - there are no censorship words, he didn’t finish the game - rescripted, cramped, unphysical, monotonous ... what kind of stealth, where you can peep only from certain angles?

B
Bilal Mustapaev 10.03.22

The nickname thief cannot be compared with Dishonored, because the second drew inspiration from the first!

G
GDFrost1.4 10.03.22

Compare Dishonored to Bioshock Infinite. It will be more interesting.

K
Karampana 10.03.22

Everything can be compared) absolutely everything!) In general: Thief 2014 is dumb, Dishonored rocks.