3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fearrex 10.03.22 11:01 pm

Thief (2014) vs Dishonored (Thief (2014))

Everyone is actively comparing the new Thief with Dishonored, but, in fact, these are different games. Thief is stealth and steal, Dishonored is more mochilo with elements of stealth, which the developers openly admit.
Both of these games are similar in the steampunk atmosphere - the same gloomy City, the hungry and dying poor, the plague, the rich get even richer, the authorities issue degenerate and inhuman laws, etc. The allusion to the present is obvious.
But the main problem of the Thief is that this is a restart of the old title. First, they removed the actor who voiced Garrett, and the new dude hums in his nose unnaturally. Secondly, THIS has nothing to do with the old parts, and the new Thief is a dude a la Batman, living in the clock tower, stealing "purely for fun and because he is like that in life", walks with an OPEN (!!!) face (i.e., about disguise, he is neither a dream nor a spirit) and in general he does not care about anything.
The plot is close and as accessible as possible to the target audience, namely solvent (at the expense of parents) teenagers, there are no frills there, and most importantly - the gameplay. It’s not very good either, but it’s hard to expect gameplay miracles from the creators of Kryd, and they honestly tried to please both old-schoolers and newcomers.
It seems that everything is there, everything glows, Garrett steals, the guards are stupid, there are a lot of gadgets and traps, but somehow the sensations are not the same.
I would say that the new Thief is a great introduction to the stealth world for beginners and an opportunity to play in easy mode for veterans. Just do not look for deep meaning where it was not intended. This is a business)

PS But for me personally, Thief Gold and Thief 2: Metal Age remain a model of stealth, but these games are unlikely to suit modern gamers because of "wretched graphics". Although there are mods with HD textures, and if immersion in the gameplay is more important than graphics for someone, then I recommend starting with the classics.
76 Comments
Sort by:
C
Che Burec 10.03.22

all the same, comparing dis and typhoid IMHO is not entirely correct. They are not so strong and similar. And if you decide which game is better, then I rather tend to dishonored. I liked it more than the atmosphere of typhoid. In addition, in my opinion, the soundtrack and plot are better in dishonored (the plot of typhoid does not deliver at all) As for the gameplay, then as you like it. Undoubtedly, typhoid is much more stealth and hardcore, say when I played I almost had a rest on the master in dis, but in typhoid 4 I had to sweat a little, although of course there was no hardcore like that. There are a lot of things in dis, but a little bit. in cabbage, but it’s possible not to kill a single person. In typhus, it’s easier to pass by than to kill. In general, it seems to me thatthat Typhus still did not please non-oldfags or other players.

s
saa0891 10.03.22

I haven’t gone through much in the Thief yet, but so far Dishonored is better in everything, starting from a variety of different means, magic and ending with ways to eliminate targets and ways in which you can go to this goal, even the design is much more diverse, although I also liked the Thief (and the design and The style of the levels is also very cool and atmospheric, I love such games), but the game is somehow too empty, maybe it will be more interesting in the future.

And of course you can compare them, but it’s still not entirely correct, because in Dishonored our main task is to eliminate the target (and here we can use a bunch of different methods, it’s not even necessary to kill the target, there are a lot of other options), and in the Thief we only need steal an item, you can compare the stealth itself and its implementation, while I like Dishonored much more in terms of stealth.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

Well, someone Garrett really eliminates.

V
Vladislav Grafkin 10.03.22

The game is just amazing! good graphics, stealth mechanics that made me happy.
True, during the passage of Thief, I remembered Dishonored, this was connected with the plot of the game, they are very similar, differing only in the smallest details.

B
BEELINEUA 10.03.22

in the furnace of Dishonored, he did not even come close with this great game.

A
Amiminor 10.03.22

With graphics in dis of course everything is

bad

M
MLShadow 10.03.22

I can’t say anything bad about Dishonored, although I’m not a fan of steampunk, the game turned out to be very atmospheric and interesting with a well-developed world, but not without its shortcomings. When I first played it, Fable came to my mind, these games are very similar in style. From the Thief series, I played only the third one and for the most part it differs from the new one only in the presence of steam punk, in my opinion, this is the main disadvantage of the new thief, which makes us compare these two games, it would be better to leave the magic. But what pleases is that the game is still more realistically made than assassin creed, but at the same time, like everything is tied to scripts, and you can’t accidentally fall out of the house either, things immediately turn into gold, it’s just a fat minus that practically reduces to no, all the pleasure comes from taking wealth,

B
BombGamerThe 10.03.22

Both that and that. Stealth rule! Do not swear.

-
-JoisaN- 10.03.22

I haven't played the old Thief, so I can't say anything. And if we compare the new and Dishonored, then for me, it was Dishonored that seemed much more interesting and exciting. I went through it in one breath! Excellent, interesting, stylish and beautiful game, wonderful final music from which for a long time stood on the ringtone and in the playlist! ))) The new Thief is not a bad game, but it didn't cause much outburst of emotions. I'll pass, but soon, I think, I'll forget. Rustic somehow openers of locks and other thieves' lotions. The graphics are good, but somehow everything is monotonous, the pumping is funny, the tasks don’t shine either ... But, in the March lack of fish, this is already something! )
In general, I advise you to play both, but Dishonored is definitely better for me! )

M
MLShadow 10.03.22

By the way, Fearrex wrote that Garrett walks with an open face - bullshit, it seems so only from the fact that he is not visible from the side, now he was going through a mission where there was a cut-scene and Garrett was wearing a mask, so if you don’t see a gopher, this doesn't mean it doesn't exist yet.

S
SkyraX 10.03.22

don't give a fuck, I played both, but as a stealth thief it delivers much more, period

l
landsknecht21 10.03.22

I just didn’t understand one thing where Rubilovo is in Dishonored. Both games can be played as cleanly as possible. And the backlight was in the third part, well, if it is so annoying, then you can turn it off.

B
Beirut 10.03.22

Dishored of course, there are more cards and you can jump (freedom), although for me both games are a corridor, I blame the current console))

A
Aniwas 10.03.22

555mafiozzo555
Previously released thief in 1998 and dishonored in 2012.

d
dFsAgE 10.03.22

Of course, I’m in both games and they are different and especially the meaning is different in them, for example, in thief the main goal is to collect more money and act without killing, because Gareth is very weak in a fight, and in Dishonored it makes sense to play the role of an assassin who commits revenge and theft there is not so much, but if you want, you can clean everything that you can

K
Keks 10.03.22

For me, the gameplay in Dishonored is much more interesting. Only the visual style (NPCs have such snouts, etc.) and graphics are inferior to Thief.

B
BEELINEUA 10.03.22

in the furnace of the dull Dishonored, it will never compare with this masterpiece.

B
Baltazar9 10.03.22

Did you know that...

1) In response to the fact that the game was compared to Dishonored at presentations, the developers responded: “Yes, it probably is. Especially when you remember that Dishononored is similar to previous Thief games."

2) According to the developers, from 2009 to 2012 they were iterating concepts and experimenting. During this time, the development team has completely changed, up to the composers. Direct development of the final version began only in 2013.

3) The plot is not a direct continuation of previous games in the series.

R
Russian_Lawyer 10.03.22

The thief passed the sedna, exhaled and removed, really zadolbala. For the last week, I promised myself to go through a little every day in order to finally go through, because. it was no longer interesting. One wish was to finish the story. Pass the game again? - No, thank you. And the same day I downloaded and started playing Dishonored. Incomparably more interesting. Huge variety in the passage. How many murders. While I'm going through the story, but I already want to replay some missions, and I'll probably do it at the end of the story. It's a pity that I watched the walkthrough on YouTube earlier, but it's still interesting. The thief, by comparison, is terribly monotonous and scripted.

B
Biscop_moo 10.03.22

Dishonored is more of a mochilo with stealth elements.
I still advise you to play on the "master" difficulty. I'm not saying that it's impossible to complete the game without stealth, but you will pretty much hammer the F9 key, I guarantee you that. And the ending is bad, if you kill. I am of the opinion that the ratio of stealth and action here is about 60 to 40, which, by the way, eliminates the monotony in the gameplay. Somehow, the disonord looks less sleek than the Thief, but the very atmosphere and characters are much more alive there, although their muzzles are square. I won't even talk about the plot. In short, we got a stylish, but monotonous Corvo simulator without magic. Minus me!