3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fearrex 10.03.22 11:01 pm

Thief (2014) vs Dishonored (Thief (2014))

Everyone is actively comparing the new Thief with Dishonored, but, in fact, these are different games. Thief is stealth and steal, Dishonored is more mochilo with elements of stealth, which the developers openly admit.
Both of these games are similar in the steampunk atmosphere - the same gloomy City, the hungry and dying poor, the plague, the rich get even richer, the authorities issue degenerate and inhuman laws, etc. The allusion to the present is obvious.
But the main problem of the Thief is that this is a restart of the old title. First, they removed the actor who voiced Garrett, and the new dude hums in his nose unnaturally. Secondly, THIS has nothing to do with the old parts, and the new Thief is a dude a la Batman, living in the clock tower, stealing "purely for fun and because he is like that in life", walks with an OPEN (!!!) face (i.e., about disguise, he is neither a dream nor a spirit) and in general he does not care about anything.
The plot is close and as accessible as possible to the target audience, namely solvent (at the expense of parents) teenagers, there are no frills there, and most importantly - the gameplay. It’s not very good either, but it’s hard to expect gameplay miracles from the creators of Kryd, and they honestly tried to please both old-schoolers and newcomers.
It seems that everything is there, everything glows, Garrett steals, the guards are stupid, there are a lot of gadgets and traps, but somehow the sensations are not the same.
I would say that the new Thief is a great introduction to the stealth world for beginners and an opportunity to play in easy mode for veterans. Just do not look for deep meaning where it was not intended. This is a business)

PS But for me personally, Thief Gold and Thief 2: Metal Age remain a model of stealth, but these games are unlikely to suit modern gamers because of "wretched graphics". Although there are mods with HD textures, and if immersion in the gameplay is more important than graphics for someone, then I recommend starting with the classics.
76 Comments
Sort by:
-
-Al-ex- 10.03.22

The same. Dishonored is a little more interesting and optimized!

A
Alxmo 10.03.22

go fuck yourself, dishonored respect, but the thief is even more, because there is hardcore, and garrett is not superman. go through both games on the master and then evaluate

M
Maklline66 10.03.22

And only a few developers are not afraid to make hardcore games now (if anyone did not understand, I'm talking about ND with their TLOU)
Make me unsee this.

I will say that those who say that these games cannot be compared are wrong. After all, the games are very, very similar. But to paint everything is to pour water, so I will try to be shorter. I'll clarify right away, this is my first acquaintance with the series.

Stylistics. Here it depends on what you like. For me, in terms of the style of the city, the new thief loses to Dis, but if you prefer realistic cities (the Thief is better in this regard), then, as you understand, the Thief will be in the black.

Graphics - It's already obvious here, the Thief with all his whistle-blowing looks better than a blurry dis, which really lacks a pack of high-res textures. And of course, attention to detail is higher: all sorts of valuable things are lying around everywhere. The only negative is that the game mercilessly slows down when loading a location.

The plot - I will keep silent, because the game has not yet passed. But I no longer like this mystical nonsense about "Darkness", the secret rituals of the powerful of the world, and so on.

Gameplay - How would I describe it ... If the buildings in Dis are equipped more densely, and the GG is deprived of magic tricks, it will turn out to be a Thief. For me personally, in this regard, the games are equivalent: the Thief has no powers, but there are water, fire and a bunch of various types of arrows, but GG compensates for the lack of an arsenal with magic.
It is also important to focus on the details - Dis is more ... universal, or something, there is also stealth with many ways to achieve the goal, and a hurricane of combat with bombs, pistols and rats eating people (God, how awesome is that !!)
On the other hand, with regards to theft, in "The Thief" it is done simply chic - here you can crack safes, bypass traps, look for hidden treasures, cut out pictures and so on. The mission in the bank (like from the DLS) is simply incredible (By the way, there is a reference to Ocean - The guard said that it would be nice to assemble a team of pros to rob the bank, and the other said that all this is nonsense :-))
One detail, however, to me I didn’t like it - only guards can be stunned. Stunned "civilian" - game over. Although it may depend on the type of NPC, I'm not sure

Music - neither there,

The bottom line - if we are to rate - I would put both games on 8, because playing the Thief, I felt the same delight when playing Dis. And I am sure that just like Dis, I will replay this game many more times.

g
givemethedust 10.03.22

Oleg1706
Well, yes, but teleportation, Alien, moving into rats and people, is that nothing? For realism in this game, no one was chasing, what's the point of finding fault with this? I understand the complaints about breaking the rules that are created in the game itself, but such nitpicking is far-fetched.

W
Walter Lebowski 10.03.22

Thief 1,2, I played about a year ago (although the 2nd is not completely, but ...). There everything was on the "experienced" mind, i.e. not every shkolota would be able to endure and pass the game (there are still nerves needed). And now games are made for any audience, so for more experienced gamers, some games become just mediocre. As uv. Fearrex is a business.

S
SteveG8 10.03.22

I like both.

_
__DOC__ 10.03.22

After watching a 2-hour recording of the passage of the Thief, I realized that I would not buy it (although I was really looking forward to the release). And Dishonored played with pleasure already because there, I can be anyone, I can be the "Angel of Death", I can be "Invisible shadow", but I can be both.

K
Kalmah13 10.03.22

"Everything there was for an "experienced" mind, i.e. not every schoolboy could endure and pass the game (there still need nerves). And now games are made for any audience, so for more experienced gamers some games become just a mediocre one. "
in Thief 1.2 just played shkolota.
-----------
and why are we minus? in the 98th year, schoolchildren were cut into such games.

T
Tokrem 10.03.22

I always worried about one question: did you really believe that in 2014 they would publish a game with the game mechanics of the year 2000?

L
Last Engineer 10.03.22

Does anyone else remember Dysonerd? It was made by some kind of rats and buried in the belly of the conversation. I remember this crap was compared with bioshock even before the release. But when the infinite came out - someone took a portion of the seed in the face. Now Thief is on the verge of depletion. The conversation tirelessly swallows.

H
Hitrii 10.03.22

Tokrem
Yes.

E
Erick Hartman 10.03.22

In terms of stealth, the Thief will give Dishonord a hundred points ahead, the same goes for attention to detail, after the Thief you understand how wooden Dishonored was.

D
DEUS-777 10.03.22

Dishonored tried to clone Deus Ex, and now the developers of Deus Ex managed to clone Thief, only they did it worse. Dishonored of course turned out to be head and shoulders above Thief. If Dishonored is a game at 8.5 then Thief is at 7.

n
nighthawkreal 10.03.22

I got the impression. that Vor hastily tried to make it different from Dishonoreth. For the most part, it worked out, although the combat became like in early shooters, where close combat was done for show.

s
stHarty 10.03.22

NightHawkreal
In-in, it was definitely said about close combat, I expected an action like in AC, but it turned out to be a one-button waving with a stick... I hope custom addons will fix this...

H
Hitrii 10.03.22

stHarty
Facepalm...

1max11 10.03.22

Dishonored still came out better. However, the gameplay in the thief made me more fun and the graphic still adds points.

i
igorilla_07 10.03.22

very similar, IMHO would not even oppose. more places to loot. if passed by an opportunist or a predator, then very close to Dishonored. phantom for me IMHO is getting boring. I love to extinguish enemies.
game 10 out of 10

i
igorilla_07 10.03.22

close combat was made for show.
if you press dodge in time and then knead it,
it’s not for show

d
doremi 10.03.22

installed, at the beginning everything was beautiful, ran then deleted
the game shit