3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nineteen-sixtynine 18.03.22 01:33 am

RTX 2080 low performance

Good day. From desperation in trying to solve the problem below, I have already broken my head. In short: the memory of the video card heats up to 109 degrees and sometimes starts not only strongly, but throttling. I check all the indicators, looking for solutions to the problem - to no avail. NVIDIA support says that this is a normal temperature for Micron chips, but this, you understand, is such a thing.

But to the main problem: the most unpleasant thing, even without paying attention to temperatures, is the 3DMark benchmark results, which are twice as low as the average for 2080, ~ 11k against the average ~ 23k https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/72858986.
The results under load at 99% in the same WoT in the SD client on the Ultra graphics give out only 40-50 fps, Elden Ring gives out 40-45 even at low ones, but Doom Eternal managed to maintain 40-40 in quality with full ultras and RTX + DLSS. 50fps. Some kind of game.

In total, the only thing I can start from and show here at the moment is:
- GPU-Z and HWInfo indicators for memory temperature under load in the amount of 108-109 degrees
- an almost constant emphasis on Power in terms of PerfCap -
TDP even under load in around 50-60%
-jumping core voltage I attach a

link to the HWInfo and GPU-Z logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pXLwe7eOOcbf5L9Gisrq7uoHCZ_jQxop

System configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Gigabyte Windforce 8G
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8GBx2pcs 3000MHz PC24000
SSD: WDC WDS480G2G0B-00EPW0 (480GB M.2 SSD)
Motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 750W

I would be very grateful for your help, thank you.
63 Comments
Sort by:
n
nineteen-sixtynine 18.03.22

Thief Piratech
second looks just like the topic. I went for pads

L
Loken 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
Try it like in the video, just smear thermal paste on the GPU and test it, without thermal pads. Just to compare the temperature of the GPU.

A
AnPei 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
You have a straight record of almost 4500 rpm, I saw 4300 in myself and 4300 in others. I took a gigabyte of paste, which can’t even be called thermal paste, it dries up right away in the photo after a year of operation, I play a little mining, I don’t do it

. Turnovers rise to keep passport max. temperature uncontrollably. Thermal pads to replace this kapets are not the same thickness and nothing will work out, you need to disassemble them carefully so as not to damage them, spread your paste and leave the factory old thermal pads when disassembling them, they do not fall off very sticky and soft.

n

Loken
yes, I'm afraid of smelling fried :D

n

AnPei
Well, I smeared Arctic pasta, but I didn’t change the pads. Today I drove to the store, and here, apart from the ** PC Legend and Grizzly, there is nothing there. will have to order. in general, on a couple of forums, I spotted that on windforces of the 2080s, only 0.5 and 1mm spacers are needed, I will build on this

L
Loken 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
Don't smell, your memory is throttling now, nothing will change. But you will know for sure whether the problem was in the poor fit of the coolant to the GPU or not. Protest, then put back the thermal pads.

n

Loken
seems to me they won't stick back...

L
Loken 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
If they are in good condition and not dry, they should stick. If you have points, you can do this when you already have new ones on hand and are about to change them. Okay, you'll figure it out yourself.

n

Loken kanesh
. I'll do it and let you know what happens

M
Masky76 18.03.22

I don't see gigabyte! Especially their "cards"

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine I had the same crap, I opened the card and it started: either the temperature soars, then throttling. Oh
, and I suffered with it (the card is also from Gigi, only RX588).
, yes, I also bent the textolite when I screwed the radiator. If the textolite bends, then something is done wrong, and the card will be a boiler. soft.
I bought these:
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/7e14e58843fe3330/termoprokladka-thermal-grizzly-minus-pad-8-tg-mp8-120-20-05-1r/
Shore hardness 60. The higher the number, the softer the pad.
Spoiler
Above 60 shores not seen

01001000 01101001 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
I'll ask the simplest and most stupid question. You have a problem, in short - 99% load and low FPS.
1. Elden Ring is in trouble. Reddit notes this.
2. In which slot on the motherboard is the video card installed.
I don’t want to offend anyone with the second question, but I hope you perfectly understand what you are doing:
In what?
Just in case, check under load under the main page.
Spoiler

Even though your temperatures are high and the card requires investments, by the way, check the thermal pads, they flow at high temperatures, the card boosts successfully there, and also the FPS is low, even in some duum, it should not be like that low!

FIRST, in order not to sin on the card - check in an open case for temperatures.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

nineteensixtynine
How are you with the card spacers? What size did you end up using?

L
Lex one 18.03.22

MOUSE lapwing
Why pick now?
You use liquid type k5-pro.
Spoilerhttps://k5pro.ru/

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

Lex-one
You tell him, not me)

L
Loken 18.03.22

Lex-one
In their description it is written that the minimum layer thickness is 1mm, and TSu may need to be thinner.

n

Masky76
here I am now too, but my card is from the time when there was no aorus yet)

n

Denis Kyokushin
your answer sounds sooo encouraging, I sincerely hope it helps. when choosing gaskets, I didn’t really trust Grizzly, I took the arctic ones. think in vain? are they really that good?

n

01001000 01101001
Yes, I've heard a lot about Elden's problems, but it works worse only in open spaces. there is no strong load in the rooms, the card does not yell and does not throttle. on the main page, the map is quieter than quiet at 50-55 degrees.
the mother is plugged into the top slot, I think it should be.
in the open case there is not much difference, it only gets a little better when I open the door to the balcony)

n

There is no mouse lapwing
yet, I’m waiting from the online trade until they arrive, and so, I trusted people from the reddit and nvidia forum and took 0.5 and ones