3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 18.03.22 02:36 am

Complete rejection of games. Advantages and disadvantages.

In general, almost a month already, I completely abandoned the games. Removed all launchers, all games installed on the PC and on the phone. While the flight is normal. There was more free time and, in general, the quality of life improved due to the fact that I began to spend less time on the PC.

For what reasons I stopped playing:
1. For a long time I did not see the release of really good games. Most of the games are like two peas in a pod. The only difference is the setting. In most games, especially open world ones, the passage turns into a rather monotonous and routine process. We run from point to point, clear locations, collect some rubbish to get a sense of progress.

2. Games require a lot of free time. Moreover, developers are now specifically trying to stretch their games for several tens of hours. As a result, in the game of the plot, let's say for 10 hours, and in order to fully reveal it, you will need to spend 30-40 hours.

3. In terms of plot, for the most part, games will always be worse than the movie, because for the game to work, you need to make a huge mass of conventions and assumptions. The simplest example is when the world is on the verge of some kind of disaster, and every npc in the game asks you to complete some kind of passing quest.

Of the minuses, probably the fact that very rarely, once every few years, really great games come out (RDR 2 for example or the Witcher 3) which, of course, I would like to at least get to know a little.

Something like this.
67 Comments
Sort by:
r
requiemmm 18.03.22

Dakini
And as you get even older, you realize that you don't know anything about the consequences of your actions at all. It is possible that it is your inaction right now that saves someone's life. For example, you did not bring profit to the state, which planned to use it to purchase weapons. You did not give birth to children who would end up in poverty and slavery. You didn’t get drunk into the river and a passer-by who wasn’t pulled to play the hero didn’t drown, saving your drunken ass. Ultimately, a person does not have the right to evaluate anything at all, because he does not know anything at all about the system of causes and effects on which this world is built.

f
fireprincess 18.03.22

You can play the same game for a very long time, but then, when you have received, say, all its main achievements, that's it, there is no point in playing it further. Then it remains only to remove the disc from the drive of the game console. However, the gamer, even if the former, should appreciate his achievements. They can be screenshotted, printed on a printer and then hung on the wall of your room as memorial paintings.

S
Spiny 18.03.22

No one is completely gone. Everywhere you read statements and everywhere there is a wording about the termination of activities, but not a complete departure. Was it done on your own initiative? No, this is the fas team. But they are not such idiots as to leave Russia completely. Everyone who stopped their activities in Russia is already suffering losses, and the one who leaves completely, another will take his place. The market was freed - it was occupied by another. Therefore, in order not to completely lose the market, they temporarily stop their activities, and do not leave. And the fact that something like this began on all fronts and in every area ... then the thought appears that there was a front team.

v
vftor 18.03.22

Games are more art than cinema, but only when in the game you are free to choose morality, actions, communication and movement, and you can be happier than in the real world, but there are very few such games. Developers impose their morals as a political tool. Actions and communication are limited by the capabilities of the game engine, and therefore primitive. Movement was once rigid corridor, now it has become more free. And games with a linear passage are rarely interesting, and in most cases it is easier to watch a movie. Mods for games add variety, but also not for long. So the set of worthy games is very small. For example, in my Archive: Races are suitable = 180 pcs, and there are 50 pcs on computers. Races unusable = 417 pcs. Shooters are suitable = 418 pcs, but are on computers = 25 pcs. Shooters unusable = 1001 pcs. Well, and other games in a small amount.

N
Nevoeiro 18.03.22

requiemmm
requiemmm wrote:
And as you get older, you realize that you don't know anything about the consequences of your actions at all. It is possible that it is your inaction right now that saves someone's life. For example, you did not bring profit to the state, which planned to use it to purchase weapons. You did not give birth to children who would end up in poverty and slavery. You didn’t get drunk into the river and a passer-by who wasn’t pulled to play the hero didn’t drown, saving your drunken ass. Ultimately, a person does not have the right to evaluate anything at all, because he does not know anything at all about the system of causes and effects on which this world is built.
Or vice versa does not save someone's life
And at the same time, it did not bring profit to the state, which planned to build a children's hospital or a whole center. School, kindergarten, science center.
Or vice versa, they did not become scientists, doctors, teachers, engineers, etc. which would benefit the country.
It is not necessary to plump, it may not be a special case, but at that time you were saved by someone who does not play heroes at that time.

h
hello 18.03.22

Nevoeiro wrote:
And at the same time, it did not bring profit to the state ...
only the dead do not bring profit to the state (any state), profit is withdrawn from others, regardless of their consent, physical condition, awareness and other circumstances of little importance to the state

y
yariko okami 18.03.22

Complete rejection of games ....? Well I do not know. As the ancient wise men used to say: "Time for work, hour for fun." You just need to be able to effectively allocate your time, and then there will always be a conditional "hour" for games and things will be conducted more productively, because everyone needs rest, and games are one of the types of rest from pressing matters!

f
five coins 10.05.22

hello
Dead people don't make a profit..? Have you been to the churches of ZAO "ROC" for a long time?

f
five coins 10.05.22

Protocol10
That's why casual games were invented - to play them "from time to time". Don't play plot-driven games, play plotless session games, and you won't have problems quitting games.
Spoiler

f
five coins 14.05.22

I also noticed that the Benelux countries and other Emirates are somehow poorly represented in Steam. The leaders are the USA, China and Russia. This gave me the idea that gambling addiction is mainly engaged in where they are deeply dissatisfied with their objective reality. But really, if you live in the same Lorraine, then you do not need the virtual expanses of Toussaint - you live in them every day anyway. Probably for the same reason, the Japanese, who live in shoeboxes, have developed an anime complex for vast expanses and no less huge castles a la Versailles for half a map, always furnished in a European way. This is probably why happy Euro-countries do not really need a surrogate reality.

b
barbarian 14.05.22

five coins
Many have switched to mobile games - balls, crosses, etc. Not everyone has a computer / set-top box. Happy is a relative concept, today, at least in some countries, a high gross domestic product is only on paper. In two years, prices for some products have increased three or four times. Personal housing, not rented at the level of fantasy.

f
five coins 14.05.22

barbarian
"... high gross product only on paper." - I was talking about clearly rich countries, but making the least purchases. In Denmark, Austria, Belgium and Switzerland, the income of the population is clearly not low. And in the Chinese provinces and American ghettos it turns out higher, so they are in the steam tops? It seems to me that the theory that the most depressed segments of the population acquire virtual values ​​more than anyone else is still close to the truth. And now we are not talking about NASDAQ virtual promotions, but about games. Somewhere on the Internet there was even an article with a provocative interview with Newell, where he talks about Steam discounts as some kind of charity for third world countries like Latin America... Opportunities for a relatively cheap touch on a dream that they will not realize in their lives: to visit New York via GTA

h
hello 14.05.22

five coins
five coins wrote:
Dead people don't make a profit..?
the state does not. moreover, in the current realities, only losses, since material compensation to relatives for the death of a serviceman can hardly be considered a profit.
five coins wrote:
Have you been to the churches of ZAO "ROC" for a long time?
praise be to Allah did not happen. But is CJSC "ROC" equal to the state?

f
five coins 14.05.22

hello
"Is ROC CJSC equal to the state?" - are you talking about "de jure" now? Or about "de facto"? Or, until a document / certificate / extract / certificate is written to you in letters, will you continue to close your eyes? The joke is just...
Spoiler

01001000 01101001 14.05.22

I decided to move away from games, and I feel much freer and lighter. Start to get bored. Sometimes I launch into old or unpretentious ones, but as soon as I start, I’ll quit just as quickly. Previously, there was some kind of note - you would have to go through to be in the subject, but now, some kind of relief. I still don't understand why I'm wasting my time. Few suitable projects, with a wow effect. Not only is it interesting. The computer is already more for work, movies. And even instead of a monitor TV. In general, it's in order. It is unlikely that this is a refusal, rather a small interest, coupled with rare urges. And I feel great.

S
Sweety_Mustard 14.05.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
it would be necessary to go through in order to be in the subject
in people's lives ... In order not to be embarrassed in a decent society, a modern veil should at least on YouTube zadrachivat in another game industry developer)))

01001000 01101001 14.05.22

Sweety_Mustard wrote:
in the life of people... In order not to be embarrassed in a decent society, a modern veil should, at least on YouTube, zadrachivat into another gamer industry developer)))
hahah! I always play selectively, not in everything. I didn’t play much before, I rarely had a desire. YouTube - only reviews, and there is a drawback here, lower personalities sign the review / video walkthrough tag in 2-4 hours, angry comments are also caught for dizy. Very rarely I pay attention to the passage. It’s not at all interesting to watch the next talker begging for money.
And yes, there are good, cool games out there. They are worth passing for three reasons - screenshots on the desktop and music, and then the plot. After the mafia, I listened to 30-40 music, just gorgeous! Better than modern. After Saints Row 3 remaster, I threw the Mouzon on the player, and the screenshots from the days gon are on my desktop.
That's why I play. Though smaller games like oxygen not included are fun on a production scale (and it all works...).
And now, who needs all this.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.05.22

01001000 01101001
When there is a lot of free time, you don’t feel addicted to games, you are your own boss, when you want, then you play. But when time is limited, then a terrible interest in them wakes up, because hunger makes itself felt. Human nature is such that it absolutely everything that a person can have in excess is boring.

l
lapwing mouse 14.05.22

Denis Kyokushin
Not so long ago, my hard-on for games went back, like in the good old days. Now I'm eating everything! Almost everything) Even somewhere it already scares me. If a shortcut to the game appears on the desktop, then you need to go through the game thoroughly. In short, like many years ago, and even more fanatical now) Hunger is getting stronger and stronger in my virtual world. Both at work and at home! That weekend I spent 17 hours in the Dawn of Ragnarok) Okay, I went to play Wahoo 3!)

N
Nifetovs 14.05.22

The only plus is free time. If there is something to do, of course)