3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SunnyTheMan 18.03.22 07:47 pm

Humanity (Dark Souls)

For what? How to use? And is there a semblance of world trends?
76 Comments
Sort by:
h
honey cocaine 18.03.22

For what?
The human form will affect the chance of various things falling out of monsters, resistance to curses, in human form, you can invade other people's worlds.

How to use?
For Humanity, you can restore your human appearance (reverse hollowing) while sitting by the fire. Also, being in human form, you can kindle a fire (kindle) and increase the supply of Estus (first-aid kits) at this fire by 5.

And is there a semblance of world trends?
No.

c
coldfear144 18.03.22

Such a trouble: there are 2 humanities in the backpack, before that I used one on a fire in the church near the forge, but now I need to get closer to the butterfly, otherwise while I reach it there are 7, but other fires write that there is no humanity, although there are 2 of them. What could it be problem?

J
JoiRam 18.03.22

Humanity must be used before taking human form at the campfire.

S
SunnyTheMan 18.03.22

~how much humanity is needed to restore the appearance of a person?

~Are they lost when they die as zombies?

~Why kindle a fire?

~After death, the number of estus drops from 10 to 5?

~and more. raised the estus to +1, and the number is the same, 5 pieces. where is this "+1"?

J
JoiRam 18.03.22

SunnyTheMan
In order:
1) Humanity can be knocked out from monsters, bought, or it will accumulate by itself (when stuffing a certain number of souls or killing a certain number of monsters, you get humanity). The purchased or knocked out humanity will be in the inventory, to use it you just need to find it in your handbag and press use item, after which the number 1,2,3 will appear on the left side of the health and stamina scale .... depending on how much you used it, you can take a human form for 1pc. humanities by the fire.
2) If you are in human form and you (as I wrote above where health and stamina) have a certain amount of humanity, then upon death you lose your appearance, i.e. become zombies, but you can still save your souls and humanity if you get alive to a pool of blood, at the place where you were killed the previous time, if you don’t get there, then alas, goodbye to everyone ... The same situation is in the guise of a zombie, only the guise you will not lose, and you will remain zombies.
3) The bonfire is a checkpoint, if you die you will respawn at the last bonfire you visited. At the fire, you can replenish the amount of estus, as well as repair weapons and armor (if you buy certain things from merchants), assign various magic to slots, change your appearance (human or zombie) and you can still teleport (warp) between locations, but this is after after visiting Princess Gwynver in Anor Londo.
4) Depending on which bonfire you respawn on, a bonfire near which a fire keeper is present will give you 10 estus, ordinary bonfires give only 5 each.
5) This parameter will raise not the amount of estus, but its quality, for example, the usual restored ...let's say 200 health, then +1 estus will restore 300 hp.

S
SunnyTheMan 18.03.22

Joiram merci. Is there a Russian-speaking guide anywhere?

J
JoiRam 18.03.22

There is no Russian-speaking SunnyTheMan
, but there are craftsmen who do it, I think it will appear in a couple of weeks, but for now you can read http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/About+Dark+Souls - with a translator it is quite acceptable and understandable.

m
muffins 18.03.22

JoiRam
Is there any difference (except external) between the appearance of a zombie and a person?

J
JoiRam 18.03.22

Muffins
Yes, human form has a great chance to knock things out of monsters, zombie form has more resistance in my opinion.

m
muffins 18.03.22

JoiRam
Resist what? Physical damage?

J
JoiRam 18.03.22

Muffins
No, resistance to poisons, as far as I remember, I could be wrong, better read the wiki!

A
AlexAxe 18.03.22

Regarding the human-zombie form:
Mainly affects the online mode.
In human form, you can call on other players to help, and you can also be invaded by other players.
In the form of a zombie, respectively, the opposite is true - you can come to the rescue, or invade.
Also, the human form affects the appearance of special enemies that leave unique weapons and armor.

A
Arantir_3000 18.03.22

A topic for discussing everything related to such a game element as "Humanity".

I'll start with this question:
How many humanity who managed to have at the same time? And is it worth it to collect a lot of them?
The first humanity increases the bonus of finding items from 100 to 150, the second - only from 150 to 158. It seems to me that one humanity is enough to start with. That is, it is not worth wasting the subject (that are in the inventory) humanity in vain. Especially when starting as a knight/warrior, long after the start of the game, a lot of useful things won't fall out from the enemies (it's worse than the ones already available).

So far, I had the most humanity - 4. And I collected from the enemies by the will of good luck. Then he died, and on the way to the place of death, the skeleton moved me into the abyss on a narrow passage. It was very sad, however =)

V
Voz1c 18.03.22

What is 100, 150 and 158? Does it matter how much humanity you have on the meter? Why the first humanity? The item drop bonus gives a human shape/ring with the corresponding bonus and that's it.

A
Arantir_3000 18.03.22

Voz1c
According to your theory, the line "Search for objects" in the stats is made purely for beauty?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Patroskan/screenshot/576713578169940574?tab=public

The amount of humanity just affects this parameter. It becomes 150, 158, ~160, ~170, ... for 1, 2, 3, 4, ... humanity respectively.
Moreover, the values ​​are identical for the human form and the undead.

V
Voz1c 18.03.22

No wonder I went in, learned something new. :) Influence, as I understand it, only those that are on the counter?

N
Ne3lobin 18.03.22

It also increases physical protection, protection from magic, fire and lightning. It also increases resistance to curses.
The maximum bonus of finding items with humanity is 210 (requires 10 humanity) no longer increases (this is natural without the use of rings, etc.).

A
Arantir_3000 18.03.22

Bonus to defense did not notice =)
Interesting, but big? That is, humanity in the counter will really help with protection, or is it better to just be unkillable already, and then collect it in the counter?
And it turns out that there is no point in wearing more than 10 humanity =) Although scoring 10 is already a feat =)

E
Enrise 18.03.22

Arantir_3000
can be worn more than 10, protection parameters increase from humanity up to 99, search for items and additional items increase to 10 humanity. damage from demonic weapons to
gain 10 pieces at the beginning of the game is difficult, of course, but by the level of 80 you can squander it at least dozens

Z
Zer Ael 18.03.22

I run at level 7, I lost 18 humanity on Hydra) But now I'm not afraid of anything