3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SunnyTheMan 18.03.22 07:47 pm

Humanity (Dark Souls)

For what? How to use? And is there a semblance of world trends?
76 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALeXandeR Umbra 18.03.22

Humanity essentially affects your luck. Having 10 or more humanity on the counter, you have a significantly increased chance of getting an item from the enemy. There is also a special weapon that has an attack bonus from humanity - a weapon of chaos.
But there are a lot of applications for humanity in the game. Firstly, this is your healer, which restores the entire scale of health. Secondly, it is a bargaining chip for some transactions. Thirdly, it is with the help of humanity that bonfires are improved! . To begin with, it is enough to know the following: to start the game, this is an extremely rare thing that must be kept like the apple of an eye. She will save your skin more than once when you run out of flasks.
Extraction of humanity? Oooh, there are enough ways, but first I’ll outline this: there are essentially two types of getting humanity: in its pure form (immediately goes to the counter) or you get it as an item in the inventory. When using the latter as an item, you transfer humanity to the counter, and your health is restored to full.
In its purest form, humanity comes across very rarely when killing enemies, and this happens very imperceptibly for you, because you won’t be able to look at the counter after each death. The second way to get pure humanity is to use the R2 attack with Dark Hand on characters (namely characters, not ordinary enemies!). Characters mean all those teachers of magic, miracles, pyromania, just plot characters that you will meet along the way. Important: with a SUCCESSFUL attack with the help of Dark Hand, you only drain the humanity from the enemies, but at the same time they do not get angry (more precisely, not all of them ...). If you hit a little unsuccessfully, then it will be regarded as an attack ... You can also pump out humanity from other players by playing online. Dark Hand is not so easy to get, this will be discussed later.
But in a “solid” form, humanity is much easier to get if you know how. Sometimes humanity is just lying on the ground as an object. Often, with a victory over a boss or a minor character, you will be given it as an item. And there are ordinary enemies from whom humanity falls out with an enviable frequency.

Z
Zer Ael 18.03.22

In its purest form, humanity comes across very rarely when killing enemies, and this happens very imperceptibly for you, because you won’t be able to look at the counter after each death.
IMHO, it's not about the murder. Either time, or the number of souls stuffed in PvE. Just like they sometimes give flasks.

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 18.03.22

Flasks are given if you are a member of one of the coverants: Way of White, Princess Guard or Warrior of Sunlight
It's just about killing enemies, this is a very rare event. Talk to the warrior at the Firelink Shrine, near the bonfire that he sometimes makes comments, one of the comments about humanity was something like: "....well, or kill a particularly healthy demon!"

Z
Zer Ael 18.03.22

mobs in Undead Burg do not qualify for the title of "healthy demon", but at the start, humanity was given regularly after collecting 3-4k souls... If you farm the bridge with a fight, they also give, although it's not you who kill, but the dragon.

+++

I heard this advice) it's not about demons, but about the undead ... most likely - about other players :D

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 18.03.22

Be that as it may, it is given precisely at the death of the enemy. And it doesn't always drop from other players

S
Sieg Murr 18.03.22

Humanity increases defense and item drop chance. Carrying more than ten does not make much sense. It also scales chaos weapon damage.

K
KloN_X 18.03.22

The people are worth a repack from mechanics - humanity is not going to! You collect, but it is not saved ... This humanity can only be used in the face?

m
mcbrut 18.03.22

KloN_X
?
It's like she's in the inventory. Yuzay it and all

R
RicoChico 18.03.22

Tell us about pumping fires, what does it give?
And does the use of humanity affect the ending of the game?

A
Arantir_3000 18.03.22

RicoChico
Each kindling is +5 Flasks of Estus when resting at a kindled campfire. It will be possible to kindle more than 2 times later, as you progress. The second and all subsequent kindlings are only available in human form.
What is meant by "use"? In my opinion, without using it, this game will not pass. Kindle the same fires. Or can you master Gwyn with 5 flasks?

K
KloN_X 18.03.22

mcbrut
yes... yes)) I thought it was used right away

k
koxacbka 18.03.22

I always run with 11-14 (because 10 gives the maximum bonus to search and chaos weapons, and the remaining 1-4 I use to start fires)

A
Arantir_3000 18.03.22

koxacbka
Well, resistance to curses still increases up to 30, and it's very good. Once in 5, probably more than with 0 humanity.
It seems to be a small thing, but the curse kills instantly when triggered =/ Especially if that damn cursing frog spits right at point-blank range...

k
koxacbka 18.03.22

Arantir_3000 yes... but to constantly keep 30k no enemies are enough. and I prefer to leave the humanity that falls out of rats for cases of unplanned death ...

G
GyJIeBeR 18.03.22

its in addition the location of the abyss where there are many shadows in the form of humanity running) you take an ax from the boss that sends a wave around you, aggro everyone and beat everyone, they all die, pcs 5 ordinary and 2-2 fall, this is in one area and so you can pcs 10 + and 3-4+, 2nd ones I hit with luck 410 (without ring) 10 souls and (chest on head)

3anagJIo 18.03.22

More humanity can be bought for 5 thousand.

G
GyJIeBeR 18.03.22

or for 10k again in addition

R
RicoChico 18.03.22

I'm running now in the castle of Anor Longo and it so happened that humanity ended. Without it, I alone would not be heaps of bosses.
What to do in such cases?
Don't start the game over.

i
ilinor 18.03.22

bring down the bosses alone. not to return through the zen fortres. and as you fill up the bosses, you will get the opportunity to teleport between the main bonfires.
How do you know that you can't fail alone? ALL bosses are solo.

ZY Gwin is killed with 0 flasks, in many ways.

A
AntonJ 18.03.22

Anor Londo under the sun is the richest soul loca in farm (golems + knights). Plus a blacksmith for pumping gear. You can swing to such a level that Ornstein and Smough will take everything off themselves, give up their souls and run away into the sunset.
Well, you can return to Sen`s Fortress by going to the "landing place" and talking with the winged creature. Upon arrival, there will be a cut to the exit from the fortress to the Undead County.