3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 12.04.22 01:18 am

Game Information (MechWarrior Online)

MechWarrior (2010) : Mechs are back - a new MechWarrior part is in development Just a week of happiness. Doubtful, but happy. The last game in the MechWarrior series was released already eight years ago, so today's news of the revival of the great game series should be taken with cries of "Hurrah!" and to the sound of fireworks. On the other hand, two little-known studios Smith and Tinker and Piranha Games act as resuscitators, who have not done anything worthwhile in their short life. And despite the colorful trailer and the powerful outlines of the Atlases - we, frankly, are afraid for MechWarrior. Okay, bad thoughts aside.
The new part of the series is still called in a simple way - MechWarrior. There are no numbers in the title, because this is not a continuation of the fourth part, but a “restart” of the entire franchise. Simply put, the developers want to start the MechWarrior story from scratch. And so far only on two platforms - PC and Xbox 360.
Change is already evident. A tearful storyline tells about the whimsical rich Adrian Cole, who loses his family during the attack in the 3015th year of the House Kurita faction on the peaceful planet Deshler. Of course, the intractable youth embarks on the path of revenge and goes after the heads of his offenders. Stock up on handkerchiefs!
The new game does not have a publisher yet, so it's too early to talk about gameplay features - everything can easily change. But for starters, the campaign can be run both in splendid isolation and in a “cooperative” for four. Multiplayer is also provided. The final number of mechs has not been confirmed, but sorting by class (light, medium, heavy, assault, etc.) will remain. From now on, it makes no sense to change into the most powerful and multi-ton mech - the developers will add an experience system, thanks to which any mech piloted by the player will be upgraded, its attack and maneuverability will increase, and so on. They promise to maintain the picture and animation of hefty colossus at the proper level.
There is no release date for MechWarrior (PC, Xbox 360).
99 Comments
Sort by:
b
b1mbo 12.04.22

I also applied for the CBT. By the way, a couple of questions arose, namely, I was only familiar with the series before that by hearsay, I saw the gameplay on the Panasonic 3DO, but my hands still didn’t reach the game. Is the management very difficult there? And is there something like a tutorial?

B
Briks 12.04.22

b1mbo
Management is easier than in World of Tanks.

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

just syst. requirements are too high .. I have a lag

B
Briks 12.04.22

Extreme91
On a mobile video card, it's no wonder that it lags. CryEngine 3, after all, is used. Just don't lie that Crysis 2 went completely without brakes and lags :-)

R
RESPEKTROMETR 12.04.22

sent an invitation to CBT within an hour =) promptly!

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

Brikks
didn’t even play cruise))
I have a video card built into the motherboard. (

b
borshes 12.04.22

I do apologize for the possibly stupid question. When the game is officially released will it be free to play or will it be paid? (I ask because if it became paid, I would like to play a beta test before making a purchase)

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

paid

B
Briks 12.04.22

Extreme91
In general, it is F2P, that is, like WoT. You can play for free, but earn little in-game currency. Or you can invest - experience and money will be doubled.

b
borshes 12.04.22

Briks
Understood, thanks. I could not stand it and registered on their website in the hope that they would give me the key. I used to love this series.

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

Brikks ahh
ok then. I just saw that there was a type of subscription, 60, 90 and 120 $ like.

v
vano1243 12.04.22

Where is their server located?

o
oxygen_woLF 12.04.22

The server is still in America.

PS: The open beta test has begun!

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

Oxygen_woLF
slow..
vano1243
it feels like in africa or china somewhere

o
oxygen_woLF 12.04.22

Extreme91
and why am I "slow"?)

even if the server was in Africa or China, I think the ping would be better)

E
Extreme91 12.04.22

Oxygen_woLF
they just allocated a small channel for us... the speed of the campaign is very low. :(

A
Alexeywws 12.04.22

Russian servers will be?

B
Briks 12.04.22

No. There will be European ones. It is not planned to translate the client into Russian at all, and it is not necessary ...

m
megapager 12.04.22

Since it changes a lot over time, I will update the description.
The game is free to play, that is, free, but there is also a donat. You can enjoy it even without a donation. Purely paid only some models of furs (besh. grandmas), premium time, and decorations. From this, a little falls in the form of prizes during events.
It's always 12 vs 12 cuts. The game modes are different. Team desmatch, team desmatch with bases, holding points. The Balancer will usually shove mechs of varying weights into each team fairly evenly. There is also an invasion mode, where you collect 4 units from what you have (but one school of mechanization) and use them during one battle.
There are two schools of mechanical engineering sphere (IS - Inner sphere) and clans (CL). The balance is often corrected. Now the spheromechs are stronger. Among the shortcomings of the sphere is the multiplicity, they are ridden by all sorts of rabble and teams from the random house often merge .. Claner new mechs, that is, new to the game, are purely donator.
Your combat capabilities are primarily affected by the correct mech config. Secondly, team play. Pumping doesn't have that much of an effect. There is an in-game voice chat.
The usual tactic here is that everyone walks in a crowd and makes pew-pew. Sometimes there are funny twists in tactics, like teams poking around obstacles trying to snipe the enemy. Nascar - they run in crowds in a circle, shooting those who are behind the circle. Rush - a run by the whole crowd to the enemy base. Hide and seek - after shooting one enemy, the team dives in deep defense until the time limit expires, such as victory.
More advanced tactics that I have observed are. They gather in a bunch and, on command, run out and smack out of the cannons. Or camping a narrow passage, camping with the whole crowd. Agree on whom to focus the fire. Recruit furs in accordance with the tactics.
It's better to join a team to get full impressions.