3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sap1en 11.05.22 11:09 pm

A few questions about the game from a beginner (Dark Souls)

Hello. Started playing Dark Souls with two friends. One took the knight, the other the thief. I took a cleric to heal my teammates. Is there a spell to heal other players in the game? If not, what is the best class to take? Probably need someone with a ranged attack.
Second question. To call friends to your world, you need a call chalk. Can you send a screenshot and a description of the place where you can find the knight Soler, from whom you can get a chalk for a call?
91 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jack Walters 11.05.22

1) Stuck here on this sir. I can't defeat him, he kills with one blow. Is there any special approach for it?

It is easy enough to stab him in the ass if you twist it. A shield with high stability and 100% physical damage resistance will help you survive a bad spin.

2) Is it worth trying to kill the hydra in Darkroot Lake at level 28? I'm afraid to approach, there is a chance to leave a green puddle there forever.

It’s worth it, only the main thing is not to fight at a distance, otherwise the shells do a lot of damage with magic, ordinary armor will not help much. You must first lure and kill the golems so as not to interfere, then, dodging magical projectiles, run to the water and enter it. Hydra will start hitting with tentacles, you need to block them, and then chop the stuck tentacles. The main thing is not to go far into the water, otherwise you can drown. In the end, you often have to run after the last tentacle, the main thing here is not to run far (you can see a normal bottom and a cliff under water). You can finish it off with a bow at the end.

s
siame 11.05.22

The hydra's charges are not magical, they just hit the area and, it turns out, bypassing the shield. Shield with 100% physical. completely blocks damage if you stand closer to the border of the affected area. Well, it is, by the way. You eat green grass and run across her shots, gradually approaching. When you enter the water, it will stop spitting.
And Havel parries well. Learning parry is a must - it makes life much easier in Lordran. The parry button must be pressed at the moment when the opponent's weapon begins to move towards you after the swing.

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

Not reaching a couple of meters to the hydra there is a boulder and a tree in front of it. You can safely hide behind that boulder (closer to the left edge of the stone), I usually beat her like that, the most difficult thing is to run to it. And from there, even from a bow, even from a crossbow (you move a little to the right), and when it creeps up, you can calmly chop off heads. There is enough time to run out from behind a boulder, take off one head and hide again. Well, it is best to spin Havel, as a sparring partner for practicing parrying, he is far from the best)).

s
siame 11.05.22

Asmoon
Havel as a simulator - squared hardcore)) although, the fear of dying from one blow stimulates, yes.
I started with silver sword knights. They have very clear and identical attacks. Then hollow soldiers, then balders. Damn, a balder with a rapier is easier to parry than a balder with a sword ...

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Perhaps there will be no more questions from me, recently the DS began to start with the error DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION executable. Reinstalling the game and GFWL did not help. I did not find a solution on the Internet.

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
First, remove DSfix and verify the integrity of the cache. If there are corrupted files, steam will redownload them. Judging by the type of error, some of the files are just full of holes.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

Added edited video to the description of the characters.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Asmoon
Really helped. Moreover, when Steam downloaded the same file, but with DSfix installed, there was no effect. Thanks to.
PS After setting up DSfix, it started crashing again. On DSfix 1.9 this is due to the inclusion of HUD mods. But now I know the cure.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

How to use backup saves? There are two folders in Documents>NBGI>DarkSouls: FairLight (as I understand it, this is a reserve) and *username* (base, the game reads files from there). How to transfer from the first folder to the second save so that they work? I tried, transferred, renamed them to the same name as in the *username* folder, but the game wrote about an error.

s
siame 11.05.22

saves are only in the *username* folder and have the extension .bak

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
If I don't confuse anything, you still have the FairLight folder from the pirate, you can safely delete it so as not to be confused

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

In the *username* folder, I found only one save. Backups were not created. Lost 7 humanity and 15,000 souls due to a walking tree hitting through a tree.

s
siame 11.05.22

If you set a large number of backups, then they may not be created. I somehow set 70 and kept wondering - where are the backups? Then I changed it to 25 and everything worked.

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
You put one in the enableBackups line (enableBackups 1)? Yes, and 15,000 souls is not as much as you think, don't be upset for nothing))

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
I have 20 worth.
Asmoon
With the help of Morten242 (a program with which you can easily edit DSfix) set enableBackups to be enabled. Also done in DSfix.ini. Saves every 600 seconds. I don't know what went wrong.
7 humanity and 15,000 souls for me is a decent loss, discouraged the desire to play for a while.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

1) In the Garden of Dark Roots, when Spoiler headed here (more hydra below)

and killed some aggressive plants, I met this transparent evil uncle (top right) and an archer (he is not visible).
Spoiler

Who are they and can they be killed? As I understand it, this is a ghost, and it needs a heavenly weapon. So I can't go in there until I get it?

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
No, these are Forest Hunter bots. Ordinary mobs, albeit strong. You can ride well on them. And what is translucent - it's like they use a ring of fog. If you come here online and as a person, you will still get raked from PvPs, also members of this covenant. They prey on all strangers.

a
acsimand 11.05.22

Hello.
Tell me who knows, I did not find it anywhere. After Sister Quileg, if you go a little further, there is a closed stone door. Can it be opened?

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

acsimand
you join the order of the servants of chaos, sacrifice 30 humanity and a direct path to the lost isalith will open, where you can still farm demonic titanides.

a
acsimand 11.05.22

Xmax1234
Thank you for your reply. But I never had 30 humanity. At the end of the game, there were 15 pieces left.