3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22 01:39 am

References to games, movies in Saints Row IV (Saints Row 4)

Those who pass saint's row 4 probably see a moment from games and films. For example, when we move into an alien monster, it enters like a matrix from a movie. Abilities that the main character from prototype possesses. There is a mission when we put on a box and try to neutralize the guard, this is the same as remembering the moment of metal gears soldier or something like that.

Name your matches if you saw or heard something somewhere)

PS Let's try to find all the matches in the place, though I don't know how many there are)
80 Comments
Sort by:
I
Isotic 14.05.22

yes, in general, the whole game resembles a big parody of the matrix)
super king is generally the spitting image of morphius, and the exit from the rescue of the meta miller via the phone is also ....
well, there is no need to talk about parodies of Streets Of Rage and street fighter

K
Karnedg 14.05.22

The feature with monsters , flying and running around buildings is impudently scammed from Prototype , beyond the ability it is a parody of X - Man and Mortal Kombat . The mission where the main character finds himself in the past is a bit like Mafia. If you get out of the simulation and into the real world, you'll notice that the ship and character romances are a cheap and shabby parody of Mass Effect. Journey from the real world to the simulation is a parody of The Matrix. Gnarled stels is a parody of Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid.

S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22

We also see heroes from saint' row 2 for example shaundi. At the beginning of the game, when we kill the terrorists, you probably noticed the terrorist we were chasing, he looks like the leader of the boar squad from saint's row the third.

S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22

There is also a moment where we can modify the grenade launcher into a guitar case, this is a desperate moment from the movie.

M
Marquess 14.05.22

also at the beginning of the game when you climb on a rocket and then fall into a chair, a cool song from Armageddon sounds. Also at the very beginning, the music from the DLC to the edge of the fornication dragon sounds

s
scandver 14.05.22

Hevnoraak
Actually, it's quite an old song/music.

In general, the whole game is a parody of almost everything.

r
rock power 14.05.22

Riding a bike during the rescue of the meta miller straight from the throne.

I
Isotic 14.05.22

Stalker-Dok
Actually, we are running after him in the first mission, then he will appear again ... well, or a couple of times.))

I
Isotic 14.05.22

By the way, during the rescue of the meta, the room with the red and blue doors is also a reference to the matrix.) By the
way, who entered the red thread?

L
Lizard Lover 14.05.22

The very beginning where they fly in a helicopter.
This is reminiscent of the beginning of the movie Predator.

I
IXION721 14.05.22

Izotic
Red door credits roll (end game)

d
drag-fire 14.05.22

At the very end of the game there is a parody of iron man, when the hero puts on armor and is shown in a cutscene (by the way, in the cutscene from the movie, iron man does exactly the same movements).

S
Shedol 14.05.22

At the end, when GG rips out Zinyak's head, the spine also rips out, this is a reference to the Predator

R
Raveman84 14.05.22

There is also a reference to the Chronicles of Riddick: GG on the throne and the phrase "all the trophies go to the killer." Yes, and the GG armor itself is similar to the armor of necromongers.

S
Scar. 14.05.22

There are two things that directly strongly refer to the Transformers. One can be found at any time in the game, and the other will be already in the last mission. (beware, spoilers)

Spoiler
When in the last mission the Boss puts on a suit that grants superpowers in the real world, a track called Stan Bush - The Touch starts playing:

This track was once one of the main themes in the cartoon about Transformers, which was shown back in 80s.
You can also hear this track on the radio. At the "theMix:107.77" station.

A couple of minutes later (in the same last mission), while falling through a large gateway with lasers, a small conversation starts up between the Boss and Zinyak, at the end of which the Boss says "One Shall Stand - One Shall Fall". This phrase is also from Transformers - Optimus Prime often said this phrase in cartoons / games / movies when he fought Megatron.

Considering that at almost the same time the music from the Transformers is playing and the phrase is pronounced from the same place, it is quite logical to assume that the developers decided to say hello to the Autobots and Decepticons. :D

s
scandver 14.05.22

Another moment - before the fight with Zinyak, the moment when the Boss breaks into the throne room, is very similar to that of episode 12 of Gurren Lagann, when Simon and Nya flew Gurren Laganne into the throne room of the Spiral King. Well, how they both descend from the throne (the hill below them fell, so to speak), and equip themselves with furs.

w
warp 37 14.05.22

Super Pierce's costume (reminiscent of Kung Lao) and the moment when the main character rips out Zinyak's head and spine (in MK, Scorpion rips out Sub-Zero's skull and spine) are references to Mortal Kombat.

Exploration of the ship, dialogues with crew members, novels (including same-sex), selection of units when sent on the last mission (Suicide Mission in ME2) are references to Mass Effect.

The "antipode" of the protagonist in Asha's loyalty mission, "stealth" with boxes - a reference to Metal Gear Solid.

Spherical flying robots (CID) are a reference to Fallout and several other games.

s
shtirp 14.05.22

10:04 Even time is also stretched. GREAT SCOTT!!

S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22

I see more and more matches. Well, people, let's make our eyes wider, I'm sure that's not all)))) By the way, you noticed motorcycles on which strangers fly than they resemble motorcycles from the movie judge dreadlock, only not 2012, but old.

F
FANG_DNR 14.05.22

In one of the missions to rescue Kinzie there is a direct, well, just obvious and obvious, reference to the first Matrix! When the CID "takes the trail" we stumble upon a white rabbit painted on the wall! By scanning it, a door opens, behind which is a Virtual Reality card. GG goes after the white rabbit in search of Kinzie, like Neo goes after Trinity.