3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22 01:39 am

References to games, movies in Saints Row IV (Saints Row 4)

Those who pass saint's row 4 probably see a moment from games and films. For example, when we move into an alien monster, it enters like a matrix from a movie. Abilities that the main character from prototype possesses. There is a mission when we put on a box and try to neutralize the guard, this is the same as remembering the moment of metal gears soldier or something like that.

Name your matches if you saw or heard something somewhere)

PS Let's try to find all the matches in the place, though I don't know how many there are)
80 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marquess 14.05.22

won't they be fined for it? Do they use other people's ideas?

D
Dian Wei 14.05.22

Hevnoraak
One day (not today, but in a few years) there will be no ideas left and the games will look like two peas in a pod. And now it's happening with COD'om. And no, they won't be fined for it. None of the reviews called the game a "thief" (or something similar)

s
scandver 14.05.22

Hevnoraak
Parodies are not fined.

w
warp 37 14.05.22

References to Minecraft:

Spoiler

A
Alex 4706 14.05.22

And I found a gun like in the movie Men in Black

s
secretlyadam 14.05.22

Human centipede.

Quidditch from Harry Potter.

Morpheus.

CID is reminiscent of the flying eye from Portal 2.

Godzilla.

Disintegrating gun from Red Faction: Guerrilla of the same Volition.

g
goldsolder 14.05.22

Skin of the Machine Gun 8 Bit reference to Minecraft'y

g
goldsolder 14.05.22

Sorry, I made a mistake, not a machine gun, but a sniper rifle called Block Gun

V
Vladislav Grafkin 14.05.22

There is a moment where CID shocks the boss in the balls, this is a reference to -Jackass / Jackass-

V

Another moment where the boss can choose a red door or a blue one, you know))))

D
DeadManWalking 14.05.22

At the very beginning, when the gg and the team hid on the slope, and the Mujahideen are riding below, this is Medal Of Honor 2010.
And also when the gg fights with the enemy with knives - this is Resident Evil 4.

p
pretty boy 14.05.22

In the very first mission, the GG kicks down the door and shoots the enemies in slowmo, a reference to the Code.

G
Garry_Frost 14.05.22

To me, this apparatus from which we enter the simulation is very reminiscent of the animus from the AC series

P
PaulBaumer 14.05.22

amator090
I like that thing from the matrix more.

S
Stinger_Max 14.05.22

Nobody seems to have posted. One of the DLCs for the game is called "Enter the DominatriX". Which, again, refers to the matrix. In general, I have not played the game, but I see that the developers have directly stuffed a lot of references to the matrix, which is very pleasing. And then everyone completely forgot about her.

P
Paxton Fettel 14.05.22

Um ... and no one wrote about the pulse rifle from strangers in friendly fire :)

b
black art 14.05.22

Near the end of the game, a direct reference to the movie Strangers Among Us, even the dude's name is Roddy Piper - the real name of the actor who played the title role.

B
Blade Wolf 14.05.22

at the end of saving the pier, when you start to control the statue, this is a reference to the movie ghostbusters 2 or 3, I don’t remember exactly

G
GWINBLEYDD 14.05.22

Here I will list all who are too lazy to flip through all the references:
1. The very beginning when the Mujahideen are driving, plus the music from the first mission - a reference to Medal of Honor 2010 + knocking out the door - CoD.
2. The main parody of the matrix.
3. In the simulation of the 50s, a clock and a wire near the city hall - Back to the Future!
4. One of the semi-automatic rifle skins is Impulse Rifle from Aliens.
5. Remodel rocket launcher under the guitar case - a reference to the movie Desperate.
6. Next to the thing through which we enter the simulation is a crap that really looks like an animus.
7. Steve's suit in Planet Zin and blocky sniper skin - Minecraft!)
8. Adventures in the ship and romances and another invasion of aliens on the ship almost at the end - Mass Effect.
9. Mission with Asha to capture the Evil Self - Metal Gear Solid.
10. Abilities - prototype.
11. Capturing the golden CID - Quidditch from Harry Potter.
12. CID hits GG in the balls - Jackass 3 (Almost at the very beginning, Steve-O performs the "egg-ball" number, although he is not hit by a current, but by a baseball, respectively CID = ball GG = Steve-O).
13. Ripping out the head with the spine from Zinyak at the very end - FATALITY (for those who do not know - Mortal Kombat).
Okay, I'm sick of writing a couple more references you will find above)

V

ANOTHER MISSION KEYMASTER REFERENCE TO THE MATRIX.
ALMOST THE END-FLIGHT IN SUPER ARMOR REFERENCE TO THE SECOND PART star wars the force unleashed