3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stalker-Doc 14.05.22 01:39 am

References to games, movies in Saints Row IV (Saints Row 4)

Those who pass saint's row 4 probably see a moment from games and films. For example, when we move into an alien monster, it enters like a matrix from a movie. Abilities that the main character from prototype possesses. There is a mission when we put on a box and try to neutralize the guard, this is the same as remembering the moment of metal gears soldier or something like that.

Name your matches if you saw or heard something somewhere)

PS Let's try to find all the matches in the place, though I don't know how many there are)
80 Comments
Sort by:
s
spidey2255 14.05.22

Sword like from Star Wars

V
Vladislav Grafkin 14.05.22

skull game logo

from the movie "The Expendables 2- The Expendables 2"

F
FIRE KING 14.05.22

At the beginning of the game, there is a reference to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

A
Aips95 14.05.22

Da RaZor
Exactly. And also murderbots just like in the terminator.

D
Droid2_3 14.05.22

A broom that can be obtained from one of the towers (it is also in SR3 from the DLC) Salem - a reference to the series "Sabrina: the Teenage Witch", that was the name of her cat Salem (or Salem).
Gamil has been in SR3 for 2x years and it just hit me now :D

M
Monver 14.05.22

Stalker-Dok
actually, this is the leader of the BOAR

D
Droid2_3 14.05.22

Found the Genka Cup (a reference to the "Genki Cup 7" DLC for SRTT) in the old hideout of the saints.

You can only get there on a mission to save Pierce.

D
Droid2_3 14.05.22

Perhaps the first $100 earned by the saints

... and next to it is a statuette of a specific shape

D
Droid2_3 14.05.22

Another reference to SRTT - Killbane's Mask trophy

Can only be found in the White House

W
WarlockIII 14.05.22

Back at the bar, when you save Shaundi, you kind of walk down some corridor with holes in the floor, and the camera sort of stretches out, very similar to Max Payne the first when you go through dreams

R
Rikudo Nagashi 14.05.22

The reference is not entirely from the gameplay, but is related to one of the achievements.
The name of this achievement is "Ghost in the Machine". A reference to the anime "Ghost in the Shell".

L
LeXXInc 14.05.22

In achievements there is their car
There os no pancakes - matrix
Blast from the past - explosion from the past
About time - back to the future
Keymaster - matrix
On her Saint's Secret Service - 007

These are the ones I remembered =) I think the rest, for the most part, are also from somewhere

L
Levella 14.05.22

And the moment of walking through the ventilation in Asha's mission to destroy the "other" myself was very reminiscent of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

b
blash 14.05.22

Everything that was written above about Sains Flow was not reliable, in fact it is a reference to two films "Ghostbusters". A scene from the movie with the Marshmallow Man. When you get into the realities of Pierce Washington's phobias, he, like in the movie, tries to guess the most harmless phobia that soon becomes a real threat. But as everyone knows, a wedge is kicked out with a wedge. In the second movie, they bring the Statue of Liberty to life, just like in the game they bring to life a huge statue of a worker to turn the tide of battle.

By the way: Originally looking like a logo, Marshmallow Man was the symbol of the marshmallow company in New York. Like the drink Sains Flow in this city.

S
Svistoplax 14.05.22

The mission "Game of clones" - the one where you extinguish yourself in duplicate - a reference to the "Game of thrones (Game of thrones)".
We already wrote about kicking the door in the first mission, did everyone pay attention to the inscription "Entrance only for terrorists"?
Not only Keith David and the tower mission made it into the game from Strangers Among Us, but also numerous black-and-white posters ("This is your new home", "Obey"), as on the billboards in the movie. And yes, when the territory is captured, the simulation starts to "fail" - somewhere from 40% of the inscriptions change to threats ("Resistance leads to victims"), from 90% of the occupied territory - to pleas ("Jin people also have families!"). And the fact that the windows and lanterns on the territory of the Jins are orange, and on the territory of the saints they are blue,
The renegade pistol skin that replaces it with a blaster is likely a nod to Han Solo's pistol from Star Wars.
For another pistol, there are blaster skins in black, yellow, blue - in my opinion, these are the characters from Star Trek.
The missions in the speed and platform rifts are definitely inspired by the Sonic games.
And yes, abilities, audio diaries - this is 100% from bioshock!

About Saint Jet and Paul's giant jar may be true, although Kinzie and Pierce's dialogue makes it clear that the giant jar is Pierce's old nightmare.

C
Cytoden 14.05.22

And how do you like the horse’s mask, doesn’t it remind you of any reviewer?) And yet, before bursting into the throne room, GG fell down in armor and the track “You get no tach, you get nou power” played there, and then we fought with a giant Zinyak's armor and us were helped by all the saints on gliders, the same thing happened in Transformers: Optimus Prime's move-receiver revealed the leadership matrix and killed Unicron, while he was distracted by the united Autobots and Decepticons.

A
Alexander Belkin 14.05.22

And what about the huge turret from which we shoot down alien fighters at the beginning? Very similar to Duke Nukem Forever.

l
lens_88 14.05.22

This didn’t seem to happen yet - while saving Miller from the software shell, Kinsey destroys Dzinyak’s tanks by entering “initiate order 66” into the command line. What in Orthodox “initiate order 66” is a FAT reference to “well, a very distant galaxy” this order was once all Jedi are destroyed.

I
Ildar Shaikhutdinov 14.05.22

Nobody wrote about Serious Sam 3. There the Earth also scatters.

F
Fat Vladimir 14.05.22

No one mentioned inFAMOUS as a superpower topic