3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GGI 31.05.22 12:15 am

Plot [spoilers] (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)

Comrades, I went through the code in a few hours, the game is of course a little short, and a little incomprehensible.
Please describe to me the whole, completely the whole plot, I didn’t understand anything at all, why did Russia attack the USA?
Why our paratroopers are armed with something incomprehensible and what for Shepard needed all this. Who is Makorov, go and drink his mother.
Maybe I didn’t understand something because of the hard mission at the airport? Although I played pirate, she was not. Well, well, for the sake of something new, they will soon make a PEDOPHILE SIMULATOR.
Personally, my opinion is that the writers cheated compared to the first part.
117 Comments
Sort by:
n
nekitkooo 31.05.22

Makarov is the main Russian villain. Shepard would have failed Makarov and thereby become an American hero (I think so). Well, the fact that Russia attacked the United States remains incomprehensible. Perhaps this is a fantasy of the developers, or maybe the Americans are sleeping and see how to conquer the world (or only Russia). In the mission at the airport, we simply see how an American spy infiltrates Makarov's gang, killing civilians along with him. Well, I think so. Although maybe I didn't get it right.

O
Orlean01 31.05.22

I will explain everything in order.
The mission at the airport was as follows:
Our agent (Allen) infiltrates Makarov, thanks to Shepard. Allen has to shoot innocent citizens of Moscow together with Makarov. And all in order to follow Makarov. At the end of this mission, Makarov is met on the ambulance, in which his accomplices arrived. When Makarov gets into the car, he turns around and shoots right at you. After that, the words are heard - "This American tried to cheat us, but nothing came of it. When the Russians discover the corpse of an American, there will be a big fuss." After the ambulance leaves, the FSB runs into the building, and they find you. And what do the Russians think? They think that America attacked Russia, which is why the war starts.

G
Gendalf-goalkeeper 31.05.22

The storyline is utter nonsense, but the ending is good :)

G
GGI 31.05.22

Mdya gentlemen, thanks for the explanation, the plot is complete nonsense.
It seems to me . that in terms of storyline MW2 is a complete disappointment for fans of the first most intense COD4 MW series.
By the way, express your opinion about this mission at the airport.

PS Of course, I sat, thought, and still didn’t understand anything in this story, but okay. The developers really went too far with the murder of playable heroes, they probably liked this feature from the first series, when we watched the death through the eyes of Marine Jackson as a result of a nuclear explosion. And then they generally blew their hands and soaked the heroes one by one, then when they killed Roach, I was not even surprised at the sharp turn in the plot.
The soundtrack from Hans Zimer in the game is excellent, the genius of Hollywood soundtracks is certainly well done.
And the ending with our invariable heroes of Price (Who does not know the famous captain participated in the battles of WWII as part of COD 2) and Soap was pleased, the classic combat ending.

Who on what config played? And then I played on:
Pentium D 925
DDR2 2.5 Gb
Gigabayte 8600 GT 256 Mb
And despite the recommended requirements, playing on shadows and other additives slowed down.
Although at 1024*768, x2 anti-aliasing, the game ran at a playable 30 FPS.
Although there is nothing to say optimization on top.

J
John McTavish 31.05.22

I played on:
Pentium 4 3.00 Hz
1 GB RAM
GeForce 9600 GT - on max
The game is cool, the plot is crazy though: the monument on Red Square "Imran Zakhaev. Hero of the New Russia" and "Zakhaev Airport"

K
Katharsis 31.05.22

Everything in order ...
- Shepard arrives at the American military base (I forgot de) somewhere in the Middle East) in order to select a fighter in special unit 141.
- The Russians "found" (or shot down ... xs) an American satellite, on which the automatic control module, and decrypt it.
- At this time, Shepard introduces a fighter (Alen) into the Makarov gang - in order to win trust, Alain goes on a terror act with Makarov at the Moscow Airport. But Makarov finds out about this (xs how) and kills Alain.
"The American wanted to deceive us, there will be a big nix in Russia"
- Russia attacks the USA to avenge this (because they think that the Americans organized a terrorist attack).
- Unit 141 goes to Brazil (Following the trail of Makarov).
- Then the war between Russia and the USA.
- Command learns that Makarov hates prisoner 627 (Price). The unit is sent to free the prisoner, having previously cleared the oil rigs.
- "To put out the fire, they make an explosion next to the hearth" - Price launches a bomb in Washington (For Shepard and everyone else to think that Makarov launched the bomb)
- But after receiving carte blanche, Shepard betrays everyone to create a "perfect" country by killing Makarov . But he does not kill Makarov, but they kill him)
"Tomorrow there will be many volunteers, many patriots"
Fuh ... that's such a narrow ept ...

G
GGI 31.05.22

camelot94 thanks for the disassembly.
Is there any patch or advice give, otherwise I supposedly everything is suitable for the maximum game. but it still slows down, by the way, what is the damage model in the game?

K
Katharsis 31.05.22

GGI
I also slow down at one point - although the computer is powerful. When they shoot down a turntable in Washington, and a nuclear explosion occurs ... the equipment starts to explode and the turntables fall, and the GG (Ramirez) and the squad run down the street - I have a lot of lag.

G
GGI 31.05.22

How about the rest of the time?

M
M Schumacher 31.05.22

The plot is crazy as always. Show the world what Russian freaks are and that we just sit all day and think about how to take over the world .. Zombies continue.

K
Katharsis 31.05.22

GGI
And so the game flies.
M Schumacher
No one drove Russians, this is a parallel reality.
Why, then, did the AMERICAN General turn out to be a traitor? - If the amers wanted to show the world what kind of Russian freaks, they would have made a Russian traitor !!! "The truth of the winner will become true", and "Power will find the strongest" - The game talks about our society, about people who are ready to do anything for money and power ... and about heroes who are ready to fight against evil (sounds like in American action movies, but the game is about it))), in our case, Soap and Price, and this is not necessarily the Americans. In this game, there is no hint at all that Russians are bad - everyone is bad. Think about it...
Shl. Well, he said.

T
TsyTsyRon 31.05.22

The plot is crazy as always. Show the world what Russian freaks are and that we just sit all day and think about how to take over the world .. by the
way, I’m almost sure that at the airport we shoot neither Russians, but foreign tourists, I’ll explain why, if they were Russians, then they would looked like "drunken bears in hats with earflaps on bicycles and with balalaikas and AK-47s at the ready"...

camelot94
Soap and Price-Englishmen

K
Katharsis 31.05.22

TsyTsyron
Yes, I messed up - but it doesn't matter - like you, they think that everyone
is ganging up against you ... You're like a paranoid, honestly (do not take offense plz)!

M
M Schumacher 31.05.22

camelot94
their entire media is crammed with bad Russians. Starting from a bunch of films, now they have switched to games. And when we do something similar (for example, a film where the Americans are in a bad light), then they immediately prohibit it. fucking democracy.
What is the initial video, where they show the monument "hero of the new Russia" . Like, Russians worship bandits, etc.
I generally keep silent about Soviet signs and Lenin everywhere ..

And in general it doesn’t matter whether they do it intentionally or not. The fact is that the psychology of people is such that they look at all this, they constantly see Russians in the role of enemies, in films, games, etc. and then very quickly they begin to fully believe it.

I dare to assume from the numbers in your nickname that you are still too young to talk about the real state of affairs in the world and who took up arms against whom. (I ask you not to be offended, and even more so do not take it as an insult.)

TsyTsyron
yeah, foreigners in the form of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, police, etc. ))xD

O
Orlean01 31.05.22

America is simply afraid of everyone, scared to the point of impossibility. In reality, they can't really do anything. So they come up with films / games, with the participation of other nations, where Americans can show themselves as heroes, among others.

T
TsyTsyRon 31.05.22

Yes, I messed up - but it doesn't matter - people like you think that everyone is up in arms against you ...
I'm not saying that everyone is up in arms, I'm saying that in the West there are too many stereotypes about Russian

M Schumacher
I meant civilians, besides, I exaggerated

K
Katharsis 31.05.22

(I ask you not to be offended, and even more so do not take it as an insult.)
The assumptions are correct, and I'm not offended)
In general, everyone has their own IMHO, and everyone thinks in their own way - and it seems to me that the game is the best I've ever played, and I don't see zombies here and so on. I respect both Russians and Americans.

M
M Schumacher 31.05.22

The mission at the airport is just tough .. Postal is resting .. I can imagine how all sorts of defenders will be indignant.

camelot94 It's
important that American youth think the same way..

G
GGI 31.05.22

I agree with all authors to some extent. Let's not argue on such controversial topics as world politics, we just have to admit that it was from the hands of such personalities as Churchill and Reagan (there were all sorts on our side too), who openly declared the USSR an evil empire, and the people living in the country, rabid, drunk meat ready for anything for the sake of ideology, all the more so we returned them with the same coin, it is enough to recall our slogans about the damned capitalists. In addition, there is no need to argue about the plot of the game - it's just a game, one word game already suppresses all suspicions of a global conspiracy against Russia. Suffice it to recall Hitler's convictions about the conspiracy of the Jews against Germany, and how did it all end? We all know that about 40 million people died because of the whim of a psychopath and his beliefs. (The number is not exact, I just figured it out)

u
udavkkv 31.05.22

The game fell victim to the crisis - SALES!!! Very reminiscent of films after the "castration". Cutting incoherent fragments, it would be interesting to see the director's version. And the airport is a sales engine scandal, the mission is absolutely meaningless and easily removed without consequences. In short, the miracles of marketing are long-term hype, playing on the popularity of the previous version, different missions in different platforms and publications.