3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GGI 31.05.22 12:15 am

Plot [spoilers] (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)

Comrades, I went through the code in a few hours, the game is of course a little short, and a little incomprehensible.
Please describe to me the whole, completely the whole plot, I didn’t understand anything at all, why did Russia attack the USA?
Why our paratroopers are armed with something incomprehensible and what for Shepard needed all this. Who is Makorov, go and drink his mother.
Maybe I didn’t understand something because of the hard mission at the airport? Although I played pirate, she was not. Well, well, for the sake of something new, they will soon make a PEDOPHILE SIMULATOR.
Personally, my opinion is that the writers cheated compared to the first part.
117 Comments
Sort by:
B
BergoVic 31.05.22

It is quite possible that MW3 will have a mission on which Captain Price was "taken"

D
Dankovsky 31.05.22

I would like to join the common cause, because. I understood the plot only half
Questions:
1. Mission at the airport. Allen knew about the attack, but apparently could not inform the command, BUT allowed the killing of civilians. What the hell is this kind of undercover work for? What did he achieve by this? Wouldn't it have been better to remove Makarov while there was such an opportunity? In this scenario, Allen would have died, but he died as a hero and prevented both the war and the terrorist attack.
2. In the game, the troops that attacked America are called only "Makarov's people". What the heck? If these are indeed Makarov's people, then where does he get such strength from, and why was it necessary to arrange a terrorist attack at the airport? My voice acting is Russian, there shouldn't be any mistakes.
3. When Soap met Price, he gave him the gun. This indirectly indicates that after the end of COD4 MW they did not see each other, and Soap did not suspect that Price was alive (otherwise he would have found a more convenient reason to give him the gun). Mismatch - at the end of COD4 MW, they are rescued by (still kind) Russian special forces, it cannot be that they both survived and did not know about it.
4. Price launches a nuclear missile, so that after the explosion it will cover the States with radiation and stop the war. Questions:
4a. Did he really give a damn about the ISS crew?
4b. Why did she fly through Eurasia (and not across the Pacific Ocean), in particular, through China? Is it not customary to shoot down everything that violates their space?
4c. Price disrupted the evacuation by his actions. He apparently did not think about this, as well as about the ISS.
5. On a data capture mission, Shepard kills Ghost and Roach. These guys were his best fighters, they didn't know what was copied there, and they believed in Shepard. What's the point of killing them? Wouldn't it be easier to wash some of the files and calm down? And if there was so much compromising material, what was the point of organizing the operation at all? Either way, Ghost and Roach's deaths are far-fetched.
6. Who is Nikolai, and why do the Americans use his help, do they not have their own helicopter pilots?
7. After COD4 MW, where the Russian special forces fought against the separatists, Zakhaev is made a hero of Russia. AS?
8. What kind of hostages are released on an oil rig? Where did they come from?
9. At the beginning of this mission, we are told that we cannot simply attack, so we send special forces. on the tower are air defense systems. And the special forces must act quickly before the Marines arrive in helicopters. Inconsistencies are highlighted.
10. As a certified diver, I can't help but find fault with the following points:
- when they come up to the tower on scooters, the leader of our group shows the OK sign to the leader of the second group, to which he shows a big finger up. This is a gross mistake - you can answer the OK sign either with another OK, or show that it’s not OK, but the “thumbs up” sign means “surfacing”, but even so, they surfaced only after ten meters.
- I don't understand why they didn't do a decompression stop.
- and it is not clear how they talked underwater (they should have had pressure regulators in their mouths)
This is just what I remembered, if you wish, you can still find jambs. If I'm wrong somewhere, unsubscribe.

C
Combine Hans 31.05.22

mark_666
1. Allen is a forced man. He did what he said.
2. The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation attacked America. Makarov's people are Makarov's people, they went about their business.
3. At the end of MW, in general, everyone thought that Price was dead, that he had not been pumped out. But he survived, and most likely, while he was lying down in the hospital, there was a change of power and he was caught in the Gulag.
4. Rocket with a nuclear charge (Yes, this is fucked up, in your capital, to use nuclear weapons))))))).
- You were attacked (everything, epty, war !!!) and there is simply no time to think about the ISS.
-The first rocket was not launched by Price. He launched the second, having previously agreed with some military man there (In the commercials between missions, everything becomes clear). He said there was no other choice.
-This is a parallel reality. Maybe the United States and China are friends in it. Regarding the course of the rocket, I don’t know, and it doesn’t matter.
-Price doesn't give a shit about the American government - he's British (and Soap, by the way, too).
5. Here, yes, I myself did not understand why they were killed.
6. You played MW, you should know who Nikolai is. (Nikolai is his own man. In MW there was a mission to save him. they were used because Shepard declared them enemies of the people and terrorists, Price in particular. (Again, the cutscenes between missions open their eyes). Price shouts to you on the walkie-talkie: "Break through to the landing zone! Trust no one!". That's it. We needed a reliable person, which turned out to be Nikolai.
7. There was a change of government and the "Zakhaevites" came to power. At the end of the MW, it is said about the destabilization of the situation in Russia and the struggle for power.
8. And what do you think, are there service personnel on oil drilling rigs? Here's your answer. (They are even dressed as workers in bright orange suits with reflective stripes on the sleeves and legs.)
9. There were both MANPADS and SAMs on the towers. And the Marines flew in helicopters, have you forgotten? You flew with them all the way to storm the Gulag.
10. I won’t argue here. You are a diver, you know better.

a
asdbanz 31.05.22

1. Shepard does not care about all the people (he even ordered to blow up the cave with his people) and was not against the genocide by Allen.
4. Maybe Price knew that the Russians from the ISS were watching America?
5. Fewer people have fewer problems, especially since Price later said about betrayal, and Roach and the Ghost (from Stalker (there was still a Shooter in the game (CoD)) are already dead.
7. Perhaps Makarov came to power and said that Zakhaev was a hero and killed the Americans.
Well, since Makarov is in power, then his people attacked America (question 4).
9. Helicopters fly towards you, and in the meantime you destroy air defense systems.
10.IW just wanted to show up. And all non-divers, like IW, understood the meaning of the gesture.
Moreover, everyone in that operation is not divers (people studying the depths of the ocean), but simple special soldiers.
---------------
Regarding Price:
5 years have passed and a lot has happened to Price during this time (including prison).

d
dark_demon2007 31.05.22

the plot is really nonsense, but there are a couple of interesting twists ... in the game, only competent directing and constant action
are catchy. , about 30 fps

G
Guardian. 31.05.22

Regarding Shepard's motivation as an antagonist.
Shepherd: Five years ago I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye.
And the world just fuckin' watched.
Tommorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots.

D
Dankovsky 31.05.22

CombineHans
Thanks for the answers, but still
1. Who do you have to be to kill innocent people and think it will help the cause of democracy?
2. Yes, you are right.
3. It's impossible that Soap, who served alongside Price, didn't even find out if he was alive or dead, especially after Price saved his life.
4. a) There is a rescue module on the ISS, and people of different nationalities work there (who were not to blame for anything), they could be saved if they were warned in time. And to do it correctly, so that Price is not declassified.
b) The military man you are talking about is General Shepard and he sent Price with his plan far and wide, said that you, they say, were overworked in the colony, talking nonsense. The entire launch operation is Price's initiative. It turns out funny - fuck * shit across half the globe with nuclear missiles, across the country for which it seems to be fighting, without an order, destroying the ISS and all for the sake of a disrupted evacuation and a temporary lull.
c) Yes, he is British, but he does a common thing with the amers.
5. Roach and Ghost didn't know anything, and could then continue to fight for Shepard. By the way, they could, on his orders, kill Price and Soap, maybe they could manage.
6. Damn, I forgot about Nikolai from COD4 MW, exactly, that explains everything.
7. Damn, I was hoping that the statue on Red Square was just a symbol. Okay then it's clear.
8. Take your people hostage, thereby paralyzing the work of the tower, only so that the alleged enemy, who may not even attack yet, would be ashamed to attack in the forehead during the attack, hang them with explosives, so that if God forbid that the whole tower at once exploded, keep them there from the very beginning of the conflict, damn it, why such difficulties? Was it not easier to install MANPADS and SAMs, and then allocate a place for protection without touching people? Let them work. By the way, they only dragged the hostages to the floor, they didn’t free them from the ropes, they didn’t take them away.
9. So the question is, how did they even fly up to the tower, because the special forces did not turn off the MANPADS and the air defense systems.
10. When reloading the level, I noticed that when they emerge, they go straight up and look at one point. That's right, when you ascend, turn around your axis at least once in order to clearly see where you are ascending. Once I saw a dude who bruised the back of his head on the pontoon, next to which he floated up.

G
Guardian. 31.05.22

Concerning the killing of civilians and democracy.
Shepard is a tired cynic who perfectly understands what is worth and what. And, in his opinion, the lives of hundreds of civilians matter less than some kind of "stability" and directly his country.

To quote Shepard: It will cost a piece of youself. It will cost nothing compared to anything you'll save.

N
Nalex 31.05.22

In short, rare shit...

C
Combine Hans 31.05.22

mark_666
1.))) What do they call it... Ahh, "Acceptable (or acceptable) losses". Here.)
) I did it. Soup was not made with a finger)).
9. But after all, human operators are needed for the operation of air defense systems and MANPADS, and their special forces neutralized them.
mark_666
Forgive me if I'm wrong somewhere.

e
exeBOX 31.05.22

Hello everyone!!!!
I went through the din in 6 hours on the penultimate difficulty And what can I say about the plot
Many people don’t like it Bullshit burn
Personally, from the 4th part I was wondering what happened to Price and Soup !!!!!
But when I found out about prisoner 627, I realized that this was Price BUT the meeting with him was unexpected !!!!!!!! (I honestly admit)
The plot is completely understandable and I liked it very much UNLOCKED, EXCELLENTLY DISPLAYED, and a lot of all sorts of charms !!! !!!
The ending completely shocked me. I thought there would be more din))))
The main thing is clear that Soap and Price did not die))))
Moreover, nothing is known in America + even Makarov
By the way, I liked it when in Washington you shoot back 1 time on the vertical then the light and the end of the mission it seemed that everything was a nuclear bomb And then when they showed what it really was And then the mission with the lights off
In general, friends With such a presentation of the plot Kulno !!!!!!
But here's how it all starts, so to speak, the plot itself is not very impressive, except that the Monument to Zakhaev in Moscow is nonsense

N
Nemesis 31.05.22

Be able to distinguish the presentation of the plot from the meaning of this plot. Individual scenes are spectacular, but in general the plot is full of holes.

N
Nemesis 31.05.22

So, the third chapter.

Price says the war must end with one decisive blow. Roach ends up in Petropavlovsk with him. What for? What is the task? Why exactly in Petropavlovsk? The twelfth gap in the plot. We break through to the submarine from which we launched the EMP missile. Who did it? Shepard says Makarov, but why Makarov? Thirteenth misunderstanding. Meanwhile, an EMP missile knocks out everything over Washington. Ramirez, along with the team, goes to the rally point, looking into the White House along the way and saving it from destruction.
In parallel, Team 141 decides to attack Makarov's hideouts. How did Shepard know about them? Psychic or something ... The fourteenth white spot. We do not find Makarov's Ghost, but we download data from his computer. Leaving the point, Shepard kills us ((Nahera, if he has all the data? But he knows better. Maybe he didn’t want to share fame. I won’t consider this a contradiction. Soap and Price also meet with Shepard’s soldiers and understand that he is a traitor. They contact Nikolai to pick them up. To the evacuation point they make their way through the warring people of Shepard and Makarov. Having the opportunity to listen to Makarov's radio communications, the former SAS ask him for all the data on Shepard. Makarov gives them a tip.
Soap and Price commit fair revenge.

End. And here is another question. Shepard says he lost 30,000 men 5 years ago and no one gave a shit. But I don’t understand how this episode fits in with the fact that he killed members of 141 point-blank. Therefore, we will finish with the 15th incomprehensible moment in the game.

Often on the forums, the thought slips that Shepard himself betrayed Allen and organized the war, which is why he killed the Illusive Man with Roach, because there was evidence of their connection on the files. But I think Makarov would have passed it when it got hot. Moreover, he continued the work of Zakhaev, so I think the terrorist attack was personally his work.

I have already clarified some points with the help of forum users, so then I will discard some incomprehensibility

D
Dankovsky 31.05.22

Nemesis
Answers to the third chapter (and some new questions)
12. EMP - Price's idea, so he wanted to at least stop the war. Shepard did not understand him and sent him far and for a long time. Price then took over. But what is really interesting is how did Price know that there are missiles with nuclear charges in Petropavlovsk? Or did they tell secret information to the convicts in the colony? Moreover, Price knew exactly where and when the submarine would be and when it would go into the depths. Misunderstanding.
13. Well, firstly, there are no EMP missiles, we are talking about a conventional nuclear charge. The explosion emits electromagnetic radiation, which ruins the electronics. But where does Makarov come from, I don’t understand either. Probably just a scapegoat.
14. It can be assumed that either Rojas gave up the coordinates of the mansion, or, less likely, Shepard (assume that Shepard unleashed this war. Then he must have been in this building when he developed the plan of attack with Makarov, and knew where he keeps all the plans True, in this situation it is not entirely clear how he will explain to the higher management where he got the information about the mansion).
15. I don't understand either. Maybe this is due to that nonsense about the queues of patriots? He so wanted to raise the spirit of amers?
PS Nemesis, you will soon have to write the "improved and expanded" MW2 plot.

N
Nemesis 31.05.22

mark_666

But Price couldn't launch the rocket! Together with him, we just approached the submarine, and saw a beautiful start. Price's people weren't inside the rocket.

G
Guardian. 31.05.22

I did not notice any contradictions - everything is extremely simple, logical and understandable.

12. Petropavlovsk is near the Gulag, 40 miles to the east to be exact. That is close enough. This is Price's arbitrary decision.
13. Price did it. This is very clearly stated as well. By the way, this is not an EMP, but an ICBM, an intercontinental ballistic missile.
14. It is said that Shepard received the so-called blank check, in other words, the government provided him with any means in order to find Makarov. Which has borne fruit. Directly said.
15. It's very simple. Thus, he focuses on the fact that when the United States is under Russian occupation, which he provoked, people cannot be indifferent to this, since this concerns them directly. The loss of 30,000 people five years ago is given solely as an analogy to this.

D
Dankovsky 31.05.22

Nemesis
Why not? Were. Price himself climbed on board and ordered the detachment to cover the approaches to the boat.

N
Nemesis 31.05.22

Guardian.

Clearly, points 12 and 13 are removed. 14th to hell with him. But I still don’t see the analogy, for the life of me. If Shepard wanted to take revenge on the states for those deaths of soldiers 5 years ago, then it’s understandable, but he didn’t organize the attack, then what’s the point?

Mark666, I zavtykal mean.

d
dmb_87_ru 31.05.22

I won’t say anything bad about the gameplay... And the storyline turned out to be simply inimitable in the game... Pay attention to the ending of the game - there is no "Happy End" in it as such.... The war between Russia and the USA has begun... in full swing... and didn't stop on its own with Shepard's death. And the fact that Price and that second dude remained alive by the end of the game is certainly nice, but for some reason there remains a feeling of deep moral dissatisfaction. Evil is not punished and justice is not restored .... In short, the main characters failed and the world was not saved.

a
asdbanz 31.05.22

Moreover, Price knew exactly where and when the submarine would be and when it would go into the depths. Misunderstanding.
The submarine started diving due to an alarm.
By the way, when did Shepard lose 30,000 men? Then when did the nuclear explosion happen?
We do not find Makarov's Ghost, but we download data from his computer. Leaving the point, Shepard kills us ((Nahera, if he has all the data?
Shepard wanted to be the only hero of America and he doesn’t give a damn about people, he only cares about himself. Moreover, Price himself would say about betrayal (Apparently Shepard wanted to kill Price because because he was wanted like Soap, and Ghost and Cockroach would have questions if Price and Soap said that Shepard's people wanted to kill them, and they would have guessed everything).