3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
knight. 01.07.22 01:05 am

What is missing in Gothic 2? (Gothic 2)

What is missing in gothic 2?
It seems to me that the topic is interesting because a lot can be removed, supplemented or corrected.
WRITE!!!
66 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shpiker 01.07.22

I have nothing against Morra, and I myself played for a long period with pleasure in it, and I agree that classics are classics. Moreover, its deadness does not repel, but rather creates a certain atmosphere. It's just that in Gotitka the atmosphere is different, and it should be a very lively game, which, in principle, it is. But a little is missing...

c
cipherval 01.07.22

One of the reasons for this "deadness" is the absence of a life cycle in NPCs.
Well, the inability of the engine itself (namely, the engine, yes) to make sitting NPCs.

N
N1KO 01.07.22

What is missing in gothic 2
Addon "Night of the Raven" :)

g
g_n 01.07.22

Well, the inability of the engine itself (namely, the engine, yes) to make sitting NPCs.

and how do they differ from non-sitting ones except for the picture?

V
Vanches 01.07.22

except for the picture? Hmm ... If the word pictures meant the position of the inscription, then nothing.

c
cipherval 01.07.22

and how do they differ from non-sitting ones except for the picture?
The fact that you need to do the animation of sitting and getting up, coding the places in which the NPC can sit, arrange them all over the world, plus it is necessary that the NPCs somehow, according to some logic and order, sit down and get up ..
And consider this, you need to completely redo the AI ​​and code it all in the engine. And given that there is no timetable for the behavior of NPCs in Morra, the ability of NPCs to sit would look absurd :))

If you think that everything is so simple, then alas, it is not so.

W
Wumpscut 01.07.22

in the game Gothic lacks:

1. - Mobility, such as in Prince of Persia.
2. - Animal world. Birds! insects
3. - play online. Together with friends
4. - Realism and Skills. Make your own bow, build a house, fish, cook, talk normally, fuck women, get cats, scare people, kill with one arrow to the head, trip, dig graves, tame animals, ride tamed animals, catch butterflies, collect a collection of stamps or coins, to be friends with the orcs, to tear off the head of a milten and put it in Diego's asshole. etc.

with all this, gothic remains much better than other similar games. T, there is nothing at all except passing through.

t
technician-san 01.07.22

there is not enough Gothic in the game:

1. there is no need, but it didn’t hurt for the fighters during the battle with the urks ...
2. and the meat beetle ???? these hornets ??
3. one more line... gothic is unworthy of it.
4. agree

5. more beautiful relief and textures

g
ghostfaker 01.07.22

1) You need to build a house and buy addons for it, like in Fallout 3.
2) a little more plasticity, but not too much.
3) Goth horses suck, they will look ridiculous there.
4) and even more life is like eating on a chair. or remove censorship in the red lantern))

I
Inquvi 01.07.22

By the way, about "hawat"
more cooking recipes would not hurt, right?

r
redds 01.07.22

IMHO, nothing new is needed. You can come up with all sorts of innovations (necessary and not), as much as you like.
It is important to find a middle ground between opportunity overload and lack. The developers did a great job with it.

T
T.IRAN 01.07.22

There are not enough:
1) horses
2) shields
3) doors at the entrance to houses
4) children
5) a large-scale mahacha of people with orcs in Minental, like in the 2nd Lord of the Rings, the orcs stormed the castle.
(Yes, I've been dreaming too much)

D
DomeNatos 01.07.22

T.IRAN
Yeah. And what for then in general Gothic 2??? Together we put Elder Scroll 4 and rejoice. The classics do not need to be spoiled, especially since it has already passed the test of time.

T
T.IRAN 01.07.22

Elder Scroll 4

c
cipherval 01.07.22

Holivarne in the thread detected!
TES and Gothic have nothing in common, except for the genre (erpoge).

o
oOAttackOo 01.07.22

"It is necessary that the rings can be worn as much as the fingers, and that the rings appear on the fingers and not just for show"
then it is necessary, for starters, that the fingers appear, otherwise not the hands, but the stumps (joke) ... Me everything suits in gothic, and if something does not suit someone, then one must not forget when gothic came out (and at that time many ideas simply could not be realized)

D
DomeNatos 01.07.22

>TEC and Gothic have nothing in common, except for the genre (erpoge).

- Yeah, and an epic story too ;-)

>Too many parameters for pumping, and it infuriates

- Someone infuriates, but someone likes a realistic approach to setting up a character.

T
Tekken 01.07.22

I wish there were more settlements and guilds.... and more sophisticated quests

D
DomeNatos 01.07.22

Yes, I would like just one thing - that the developers fill up huge territories with high-quality content, that is, so that there is no 10-15 minute senseless run through the forests and fields of Myrtana =)
Five or even three minutes are enough to stop admiring the beauty =)

C
Chen 01.07.22

the game is good, but I would like to have shields and two one-handed swords in two hands. I also wish there were horses to ride! )))))))))