3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Origami NY 20.08.22 08:52 pm

Lenovo Legion 5 pro very strange situation

Hello. I recently bought a brand new Lenovo Legion 5 pro 2022 laptop. Specifications:
RTX 3070ti
Intel i7- 12700H 2.3 Hz
RAM: 16GB DDR 5
Display: 16” WQXGA (2K) HDR+ 165 Hz
1 terabyte SSD
Windows 11
I launched it for joy, didn’t change anything, didn’t set anything up, only the Lenovo center itself downloaded updates for everything you need, including the BIOS.
I open Aida 64 and see such a picture that the processor temperature jumps from 57 to 90 degrees. From the open browser only. The video card is fine. I launch games (no matter what) and the temperature on the processor jumps from 85 to 107 degrees. On the video card 86/90. I put two more temperature monitoring programs, everywhere the same result. I carried it under warranty to Lenovo. And then the most interesting thing began: They ran diagnostics and said that there was a problem with the video card, like they could not put a driver on it, and in general they would change the entire motherboard to a new one. They put it in and said everything was fine. I came to check, and .. nothing has changed. The processor is warming up and warming up. Launching the browser causes temperature jumps up to 100 degrees.
They took it back for diagnostics, reset the settings to factory settings, ran a couple of tests and said they didn't know what it was. Like this is something software / bios, since everything is fine with hardware. But they do not know what it is, and how to solve it, and they will write to China in the general office.
I'm thinking, what the hell? Is it possible that the official, huge SC cannot cope with this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on this?
PS On Lenovo there is such a Lenovo Bridge program that monitors hardware and programs on devices. So, even before replacing the motherboard, she wrote that the fan could not be found on the device. I reported this the first time, and the second one too, but the SC said that the fans were working. Although this program does not find them, and they are not in the device manager. Help guys, sorry for a lot of letters. Who needs it, there are more screenshots and videos of temperature measurements.
78 Comments
Sort by:
O
Origami NY 20.08.22

Spoiler

O
Origami NY 20.08.22

Spoiler

M
Max P 20.08.22

Origami NY
Why be surprised, in such a thin case, such a hot iron. I don’t even know if a cooling stand will help in this case.

O
Origami NY 20.08.22

Max P
So what to do? And how could Lenovo allow a percent with a temperature of 107 degrees to enter the market? There is some kind of problem here, most likely software.

m
mywest 20.08.22

Possibly not software.

O
Origami NY 20.08.22

mywest
I wore the official SC. They replaced the motherboard with a similar new one. They tested everything, they say we don’t know. What are your guesses?

L
Len4ik00N 20.08.22

Origami NY
Origami NY wrote:
So what to do?
Well, if they said in SC that they don’t know what it is, that it’s probably software and even replacing the board didn’t help, then the last way is to reinstall Windows))) But seriously, from the side the situation looks something like this: a person bought laptop, there is a guarantee, there is also a problem, but there is no sense in applying for a guarantee - the problem was not eliminated and the reason was not exactly indicated (I think you should not even ask for any written conclusions / acts).

R
Ryazancev 20.08.22

Origami NY

12:20 see.
The Lenovo software should have turntable adjustments.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Len4ik00N
Of course, the answer will not suit anyone) Yes, we see that the temperature is not normal, yes, this is probably a software problem, but we can’t do anything, because according to our equipment it is in perfect condition)

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Len4ik00N I'll
try to disable the turbo boost and see what happens. Is it possible to cut it by 50% and not turn it off completely?

L
Lain Rain 03.09.22

Origami NY
Yes, you don’t need to do anything, you won’t set anything up with the software (disabling turbo boost, etc. are crutches that will seriously reduce performance), and the laptop should work normally at factory settings without overheating and without dancing with a tambourine. Climbing inside is also not worth it, so as not to lose the guarantee.

I see only one way out, the laptop is new and there is a guarantee, demand a refund (no repairs, firmware, etc. this time, only a refund) and look for another laptop to buy, because this one will most likely not live long with such temperatures .

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Lain Rain
Is a CPU turbo boost really necessary? I turned it off and the temperatures returned to more or less normal.

P
Pirat13666 03.09.22

Origami NY
Here, only disabling the turbo boost of the processor or / cutting its frequencies, cores will help, because initially it is very powerful for such a laptop. Lenovo legion has a very good model with i7 11800h 32gb and RTX 3080. So it's more balanced. If you change laptop, try to change to it. Naturally, if it heats up during all the manipulations, then it is best to return the money. If they resist, there is a society for the protection of consumer rights. Good luck!

L
Lain Rain 03.09.22

Origami NY
Gpu in serious projects will be underloaded, which can greatly affect the FPS, as well as the frame rate will be unstable. Here is a video under the spoiler as a good example, from 1:30 minutes look, you will understand.

Spoiler

P
Pirat13666 03.09.22

Lain Rain
The processor is very powerful, it will give comfortable fps even without turbo boost.

L
Lain Rain 03.09.22

Pirat13666
I'm sure that even now, with the games that we have, disabled turbo boost will lead to inadequate fps drops and starters. Let it test in some demanding game, for example, Dying Light 2 with RTX, everything will become clear right away.

And after all, the further, the more deplorable the situation with new games will be. Paying a lot of money for a laptop with a good supply of power and at the same time getting a stump is such a pleasure.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Pirat13666
Yes, but it makes sense to endure, this is not the norm?

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Lain Rain
I agree, the frequencies during boost were about 4000, after 2200. But the fps has not changed to be honest

L
Lex one 03.09.22

Origami NY
Did you look at the reviews on the laptop?

P
Pirat13666 03.09.22

Origami NY
If the temperature has decreased to normal values, then either use it like this, or hand it over and demand money, or change it to a model with i7 11800h. In any case, the problem here is a too powerful processor for a laptop. This processor model in its stationary version puts even stationary coolers on the blades. The performance didn't change much after turning off the turbo boost due to the super powerful processor. What I was talking about. I can’t give you unequivocal advice, you have several options, as I stated above.