3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frank_Farmer 20.08.22 09:16 pm

Crysis: Discussing the pros and cons of v.2

The old thread forums.playground.ru/crysis/174471/ was full of posts, continue the discussion here!

Please do not post links to other Russian-language sites about the game Crysis.

K
KAiN[tmb] 20.08.22

Bugaga!!! My buddy was killed today by a rolling barrel! Rolling at a speed of 3 km per hour, then at a speed of 13 km / h he ran into a palm tree and the car exploded (on a completely zero hummer), then fell from a height of 15 meters in power mode and intact! Toli my friend is so unlucky :D... physics sucks (in some places).

L
Listengort8 20.08.22

Disadvantages - short, no zest, probably ... Damn, when I write this, I get the feeling that I'm wrong, but I can't write anything else ...
Advantages - graph, just a super shooter, interesting, freedom of action, excellent physics - took a garbage bag, threw it at the adversary, he fell, I finished him off with my fists)))
As they say, in the hands of the special forces and a stool is a cold weapon)))

F
FERZILO 20.08.22

And I like to walk with a bucket or a mop and bring them down with these items in manual combat mode;))

D
DEviLPr0 20.08.22

I really liked the game. Of the advantages, I note the ideal graphics for today and nice gameplay. Of the shortcomings, this graphics only works on the most powerful configurations and gameplay, the rest play natural far cry, and the gameplay is boring in places. And so Crysis, the most controversial project of the year (and maybe five years). The strongest concept since Portal!

U
UnnamedPlayerKiller 20.08.22

I set everything to maximum on direct 9 and shader 3, but the question is, is the grass on direct 10 with 4 shaders the same suck? In the first headlight edge, it’s even better, by God, such a crooked sprite hell, no, the graph is excellent in a crisis, but the grass hurts your eyes = ((

S
Sauronium 20.08.22

The game is cool, I passed it on high settings. Everything is cool, but unfortunately I don’t want to replay ...
By the way, who had what emotions arose during the salvation of the Prophet?
Personally, I wanted to shoot him on the spot!

PS: The episode with the giant robot on the aircraft carrier is super!

I set everything to maximum on direct 9 and shader 3, but the question is, is the grass on direct 10 with 4 shaders the same suck? In the first headlight region, it’s even better, by God, such a crooked sprite hell, no, the graph is excellent in a crisis, but the grass hurts your eyes = ((

And you try not to look at the grass ... :)))

J
Jimmy Black 20.08.22

Flaws? The release itself is a big mistake. Divorce for iron, time spent on the race, or even worse, 50 bucks (who can I sell this shit to now?!). Why was it necessary to release an absolutely raw thing at all? Oh, filthy Turks!

U

I can't stop looking at the grass! Eyes melt and flow out!

P
Pincet 20.08.22

to UnnamedPlayerKiller

maybe grass after grass hurts my eyes....
no matter how much I looked - I don’t seem to notice anything special and glitchy...

pix.playground.ru

although if you read what they write here, you can definitely conclude that there will never be an ideal game and engine .. ..
well, except for tic-tac-toe ...

U

this screen is nothing, good angle + grassy place =). During the action in the game itself, looking at the grass, you want to kill it, when THIS sticks out against the background of polygonal and textural magnificence. Of course, you can download it and tick it, but if the rest of the graphics are at the highest level, couldn’t everything be brought up to this level, I’m just sure the grass could have been made 4 bars higher on such an engine, but what, as always, prevented the developers will remain a mystery . Of course, against the general background "from the outside" it looks realistic and beautiful, but when you get closer... I remember Half-Life 2, where the developers put into the game, well, just the most primitive grass sprites, which even from a distance of 30 meters when the character moves around own axis, at the time of the release of the game, this could have happened, it was hardly.
Of course, in a crisis, the grass is decent, but when I look at it, something is missing in it, there is some kind of incompleteness ... And for the crisis engine, such grass as sprites for half-life 2, there were also cool models for of their time, these are action games, I understand, but is it really impossible to finally bring the grass to mind?) In the far edge, the grass was just awesome for its time, at the level, if not higher with the models, here it is clearly lower, that's what I mean =)

P
Pincet 20.08.22

to UnnamedPlayerKiller

the engine barely crawls anyway, and if the grass is also "brought to mind"...
then probably the owners of Hi End systems will open a branch - disappointment in the optimization of the game...

Q
Qwenn 20.08.22

damn, I didn’t like the game: (although there don’t seem to be any shortcomings, but still it’s not right

M
M Schumacher 20.08.22

UnnamedPlayerKiller
What settings do you play on?? At the minimum, of course, the grass is not very good, but still worthy. And at the maximum, if you don’t like it, then I don’t even know ..

U

At maximum... (for 9 directs and 3 shaders) I just look at the models - everything is clear, polygonal, bumped, etc. Fire, buildings - everything is also on top, and the grass hurts the eyes and that's it. In general, of course, I got bitter, the grass is decent, but it does not reach the level of everything else, and this is noticeable.
The topic is also about the merits, I want to notice very realistic faces, just unrealistically realistic (well, a phrase =)).

M
M Schumacher 20.08.22

Well, I don't know for everyone.
And if the grass was also at the level, then what were the system requirements XD

A
AlexCom 20.08.22

One of the best VALUES: the behavior of enemies. AI behavior is realistic. Having caught the eye of the enemy, you can easily wind up in stealth mode until he clears the void. If you fire at enemies from position A and crawl to position B, then the enemy will run to position A, and in any other game the enemy would run to position B (such as a radar is built into their head).

CRYSIS is the best game from the FPS

PS genre: the grass is normal ...... the only drawback: the tanks are felling palm trees, the Hummers are crushing, and they can’t break through a thin tin fence - an absurdity (mission 2, when the tanks arrived)

E
Erysipelas 20.08.22

I finally started something ..... I don’t remember a more boring game, the same thing, well, how long can you hide in the bushes and bumps? terribly tired of these dashes and the endless cut-in of the stealth mode, otherwise the enemy will pile up and the khan immediately !!! in general, the monotony of the scenery and the monotony of the actions made me tired! Yes, I completely agree with AlexCom, it’s extremely funny that grenades blow at home, and the flimsy fence stands as if nothing had happened after a queue was sent to it, and most importantly, it is impenetrable to a bullet !! :D In general, there are very few positive impressions! Beautiful, of course, but I must say that palm trees are also tiring :)

k
kianvl 20.08.22

Passed (ran) the game for two days off - the first drawback. Of course, Far Cry is much more interesting in this regard! And Crysis is more drawn to the demo version - like "The real battle begins when you return to the island for the Prophet!" Or maybe this is an advertisement for the Cryengine 2 engine? The video is savory - realism - what is the expression of a Korean, whom you grab by the throat and cover with them. Gee!!! Yes, this is probably a demo or an advertisement ... Just a little bit ... I flew a little on a transporter, wandered a little through the frozen territory, and the rest, little by little. But what is completely off topic is a trip through an alien ship - something like a screensaver, I didn’t even shoot at these bastards without the need. Conclusion: we are waiting for additions to the game, maybe even there we will be able to play. Far Cry - Matto, or FEAR - Extraction point have such successful additions.

T
Tryam789 20.08.22

Look how fastidious you are)))
"I won't give tea for nothing, nor for a bite, but give me half a pood of sugar loaf, I'm used to sucking it when I drink tea!" (c) Princess Militrisa Kirbievna.
I don't understand what is the problem? Stealth mode is not needed there at all, without it it's okay. For there is nothing to shove into the frontal, like a Terminator. Through the bushes, through the bushes and around. Well, interactivity is complete, well, impossible. The computer is still tki, not real ...

E
Erysipelas 20.08.22

2 Great Exorcist so the problem is that it doesn't work like a Terminator! All the time you have to go through the bushes, through the bushes and around. And you want to shoot from the heart and so that they don’t immediately fall down ...: D Maybe, of course, the motto of the game is "leave the maximum alive and crawl unnoticed!" ....unclear:)