3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frank_Farmer 20.08.22 09:16 pm

Crysis: Discussing the pros and cons of v.2

The old thread forums.playground.ru/crysis/174471/ was full of posts, continue the discussion here!

Please do not post links to other Russian-language sites about the game Crysis.

T
Tryam789 20.08.22

2 Zlulia

well, put the easiest level.

P
Pincet 20.08.22

To Zlulia

I can note the following.
The first time was with an ATI 2600XT 512MB video card. I had to constantly sneak around the bushes, turn on invisibility. Since there were constant brakes. And usually he didn’t hit his opponents, but they hit you. It was impossible even to catch a running target in an optical sight ....
After changing the map to HD 3870, my game went about the same as in the video at the start of the game. The main modes were speed and strength. From weapons, pistols and hand-to-hand… I

played on Delta under DX9 with unlocked Very High settings, 1024 by 728.

pix.playground.ru

I was very pleased with the graphics and gameplay during the second playthrough. You can beautifully fight, arrange a meat grinder and hand-to-hand. Rarely used optics. More and more he challenged opponents to fight and arranged running around between them with throwing objects at them, grabbing their throats, as well as massacre with sending them to a posthumous knockout in full strength mode (the guys at the same time fly 10 meters from you), well, pistols in double mode bullets can simply clear the clearing of the Chinese ...

E
Erysipelas 20.08.22

2 Pincet My video card NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256 Mb, not the ultimate dream, well, what is it :( There are
no brakes, I play at a resolution of 1024 by 728, at a high and medium level (the maximum of course does not pull). Problems like you you describe, such as not to hit or not to catch in the sight never arose !!
My game tactics are completely different, since I'm a girl, I prefer to do everything cleanly and neatly :) I crept up 1 shot in the head from a pistol with a silencer or grabbed it by the throat, if there are a lot of people, then I climb onto the sniper tower, fit in and with accurate shots in I remove my head by 1 ... :) Sometimes I throw grenades into the crowd or from a grenade launcher ... Somehow I don’t really succeed in throwing refrigerators ... I tried to distract them by throwing something into the bushes, but there is not much point in this ! I don’t know, maybe I haven’t reached interesting places yet :) Maybe everything is ahead of me :) In the meantime, everything is quite monotonous :( Although if you remove the fact that it didn’t drag out, that I’m not drawn to run (as happens in other games , just walk and think, as it were, rather at the computer, and what’s next), then it was made quite interesting ... These innovative stealth elements,

2 Great Exorcist, I already play almost on the simplest...

P
Pincet 20.08.22

Accepted!
However, I want to note that you should not judge the game categorically ...
Since many of us have our own "habit" of passing games.
Someone likes to use optics - it is clear that for them the crisis will be monotonous in passing all levels ...
So you can omit any game.
The engine and gameplay in Crisis is capable of a lot.
And I think that many can find their own way, "or zest" of passing the game.
I think that this is already a big plus for the game ...
Although, while going through it, I use invisibility and optics - you will see the game only from one side and from a very limited one ..
I don’t want to call anyone for anything - I just express my point of view ...

I succeeded enjoy the crisis...
True, I had to buy one of the first (probably five) in our country 3870 ... I paid off the money, but I do not regret it ....
Now I have another desire - to discuss the picture quality and performance in general with the owners of the 8800 ...
In all tests, the 8800 does 3870, but according to the reviews - I feel that the 8800 is not perfect ...
I have no complaints about the 3870, so I will probably create a separate thread on this topic …
But I just don’t want to hear emotions like in branches when comparing games, but arguments…

M
M Schumacher 20.08.22

Well, the fact that the 8800 gt is faster than the 3870 is just a fact. Look at any review or comparison tests. They are in bulk. Everywhere 3870 loses 20-30%. Especially in hard modes. Here is an example review http://www.3dnews.ru/video/sapphire_radeon_hd3870/index2.htm

P
Pincet 20.08.22

I read it many times ....
but I say - I have no complaints about 3870 ....
I would like to hear the owners of 8800 and preferably uncircumcised ....

s
spaun_net 20.08.22

Maybe not quite in the subject, but close, I’ll say this, when the stalker came out, I played on my old P4 3 Hz system, 2 GB of RAM X1950 Pro512 at maximum graphics settings without brakes, even more - the game was oh ... but it flew fast. Now, when I bought a new computer (see profile), even at high settings, the crisis in some places manages to slow down a lot and, on average, the speed is slightly lower than playable because . 18 - 45 FPS (I play at a resolution of 1280x1024, as I played a stacker) but I generally keep quiet about the maximum settings. And the joke is the following, the stalker at maximum settings gives a much better picture than the crisis at medium ones and at the same time gives out more FPS. It turns out that the stalker has the best specific performance for the same graphics quality, that is, it is better optimized. And this despite that the crisis in other aspects in many ways loses to other games released last year, for which awards are asked: the best graphics (when it slows down, so any company can build a slow engine and show off the graphics), the best game on the PC and more. In my opinion, the game is specifically sharpened as a commercial to promote OC Vista, Core2 QX, SLI 8800 Ultra, respectively, you know who ... and money decides a lot ....

P
Pincet 20.08.22

I remember Doom's discussion on maps like 4XXX or something like that...
I don't even remember the story anymore...
The conversations were similar...

I appeal to the people - there are those who played at normal fps, at least under DX9 but with Very High settings, like me...
But on 8800 cards (it is clear that without making amends) ...
Express your assessment of the game, graphics and, if possible, your satisfaction with the map ...

s
spaun_net 20.08.22

Pincet
Believe at work started the crisis on 3870 and slower 8800 GT even with a faster processor than mine. Although both cards are very slow at maximum graphics settings (even on XP and Very High at 1280x1024 without smoothing
) on a 17" display. And Veri high + 1280x1024 even without anti-aliasing is now the ultimate dream for any single video card.

s
spaun_net 20.08.22

UnnamedPlayerKille
As for the grass, everything is fine when the shaders believe high, otherwise it's complete slag, but again the brakes!!!
The game engine obviously slows down for the planned upgrade IMHO, in the same stalker the grass is strikingly better on high.
In short, they were either developed with crooked hands or conceived for the purpose ...

s
sta1lex 20.08.22

I play at maximum speed with patch 1.1, but without anisotropy on 8800gt 320 with 3gb ddr2 and 4-core q6600. Gives out about 23-40 fps, glitches sometimes just get out by eye, but they don’t get along.
As for the toy, I like the engine (graph and physics, today nothing is even close).
And so it’s a little boring somewhere for the first 2-3 hours (the suzhetik and the dynamics in the game could be made cooler), otherwise it’s super, one of the best games.

P
Pincet 20.08.22

it means it's time to think about an upgrade....
but you should probably wait for the 9800 GT....

s
sta1lex 20.08.22

Yes, I think it will be possible to forget about lags on the 9800GT :)))))))

B
Basil 20.08.22

There is a discussion of the GAME, not iron, please stop offtopic, otherwise you will be punished.

G
GameManus 20.08.22

I went to the end and I want to officially declare that despite the graphics, the gameplay did not strike the imagination. The vaunted aliens turned out to be ordinary, the meaning of the game boils down to the banal "kill everyone" or "press the button and run on" the only moment that hurt me was when the commander (forgot my name) pushes me into the plane, and he gets into the HUMMER and dies beautifully ! The biggest bummer is the last boss - TOTAL G....BUT! It's good that I didn't spend money on a license and hardware!
PS: Koreans turned out just like real ones. :)

D
Dr. Strange love 20.08.22

As an ancient gamer, the crisis gave me freedom. I don't need anything else - because I HATE THE CORRIDORS, I have been walking the corridors for 15 years!!! I crawled through the last levels of the crisis on all fours - they just pissed me off. If it weren't for the great graphics, I would have gladly abandoned them, but still made an effort and passed the game. Yes, let there be only one road in the game, but it is not limited to walls and fallen trees - the scourge of scripted shooters. With such a binge, I had previously played only one "purebred" FPS - Far Cry. Only there it was possible to walk under the real, BLIN, SUN, sail into the sea and wet the ships)), and not stomp forward and demolish the heads of sick insanity, and motor excitement of the enemies.

Yes, even if in a crisis and in the same farcry the level is just a limited square a la 100x100, but on this site you can do EVERYTHING that comes to mind. I ABSOLUTELY didn't care about the plot and many shader bells and whistles, I just had a rest - I threw Koreans at Koreans)), frying pans, bottles, puffs, etc. etc. Agree, not in every "shooter" you can do whatever your heart desires (although objectively, in a crisis there is only one such level - with a tank detachment).

C
Cheerful 20.08.22

The game, in my opinion, is 5 points out of 10. Firstly, there are a lot of flaws, secondly, it is short (FarKrai was longer and much more exciting), thirdly, there is not enough atmosphere (before STALKER, it is like the moon). but the sound and the conduct of close combat are really on top (the developers apparently focused on this). the only thing missing is a service knife as in counter)))

C
Cheerful 20.08.22

yes, and the tank battle is just a complete fly away, especially since the game is not a tank simulator !!!!! generally great!

B
Boyarka 20.08.22

I played crysis, just to compare its directives and bioshock, and just in the game I only liked the graphics and they could work on the plot ...

H
HaZurARM 20.08.22

Yab said so, reworked FarCry and no more. I wanted to play, from the advertisement of physics. But deeply upset. I went through the game in about 7 hours. And then it was delayed because of the curvature of the developers. Often the auto game was saved, a second before death (just awful). And I didn't even notice AI. For AI, you need to put them 1 ... For a miracle, stupid, and scripted. You can’t kill everyone on the sly, turned on the silencer, killed one and everyone attacked you, just some kind of crap. The only thing from far away and then with a silencer, and all the same. If there is a patrol, you kill one in the head, with the first shot. Partners do not react at all. I'm distracted. In the furnace such a toy.
FarCry was much more interesting, at least the plot was interesting in some way.
In a word, a console clicker.