3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
overvest01 25.10.22 11:00 am

AVX2 requirement will be removed one of these days (Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Expect a patch in a couple of days.
201 Comments
Sort by:
c
cheezette 25.10.22

Raf9111
There were problems with AVX, but I don't remember anyone talking about AVX2... All games ran smoothly even on my former old Athlon x4 860K, where AVX2 was not declared

c
cheezette 25.10.22

Kuzko wrote:
almost the only game
Well, the second game is on the way - Atomic Heart, which explicitly stated the requirements of AVX2. I feel there is also a heated discussion about this.

V
Vasek9997 25.10.22

Let the owners of Any Sandals feel the pain - which the owners of Phenoms without SSE 4.1 / 4.2 experienced.

By and large, the game can safely do everything on ABX 1.0. The difference between Evie and Haswells is simply negligible in terms of performance. Lock at 60 fps and go ahead to play on Ultras...

C
Chulpan Ikota 25.10.22

vasek9997
was Ivy and Haswell in use, I’ll tell you the difference in performance is significant, especially when you cut the card more powerfully, you immediately realize everything

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

avh seems to be needed mainly for large numbers. I don't think the game uses them. most likely they are used by the defense.
if work without avh will not be at the expense of performance, then it can be good.

P
PhantomSlayer 25.10.22

MunchkiN 616
no protection. Anch uses to compile shaders

P
PhantomSlayer 25.10.22

Chulpan Ikota
yeah, tell me.

E
EFIMn 25.10.22

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

T
TopPCGamer 25.10.22

cheezette Running
games and playing them comfortably are two very different things Kuzko
wrote:
few people have this instruction, and this is almost the only game that asks for it.
Few have? Are you driving? Just few people don’t have it, because avx 2 is already on processors that have been on the first sale for 10 years.
cheezette wrote:
Well, the second game is on the way - Atomic Heart, which explicitly stated the requirements of AVX2. I feel there is also a heated discussion about this.
I'm wondering, every year games are more and more technically improved, the requirements for RAM, for the processor, for the video card are growing. Atomic Heart is a too ambitious project with the coolest graphics, physics, which will squeeze all the juice out of the UE4 engine and hardware, which will require a video card equal to 2080 in performance for a more or less comfortable game, and are you going to play this game on 10 year old bugs??? Awww, this is UE4 for a minute, far from the most democratic engine for single-thread and multi-thread, are you sick of the chela ???

T
TopPCGamer 25.10.22

Dimon_Zorg wrote:
Rogue and freeloaders are indignant
These are incorrigible, which is the worst

o
overvest01 25.10.22

TopPCGamer
Here we are not talking about Avx 2, but that the studio did not say what exactly Avx 2 would be needed. People took pre-orders, but received a game on the day of release that asks for instructions. If we take Atomic Heart, then the developers there immediately wrote in parentheses that Avx 2 is needed. There are no questions for them. But Anchik has another problem. nobody knew anything. Here is the result. A lot of gamers are upset. And I'll tell you more that they will remove the patch. It's already a 100% issue.

o
overvest01 25.10.22

TopPCGamer
If the developers would say right away that yes, guys, they need processors with Avx 2. Well, take into account the game Dying Light 2. They also didn't say that they need Avx 2. What is the result? The game received a lot of hate, and the developers had to immediately remove the instructions with the very first patch. And the thing is that you need to say in advance that Avx 2 is needed.

o
overvest01 25.10.22

TopPCGamer
And now Avx 2 would not be removed, and there would not be these stupid insults to people who are sitting on old hardware. Remember how you sat on the potatoes and were just as upset that the expected game did not go to your system.

o
overvest01 25.10.22

TopPCGamer
Everyone will update their system when they want, not when they want. Game industry.

d
dehis901 25.10.22

overvest01
Agree

B
Bill Gilbert 25.10.22

Great, waiting for the patch. And that is the only game that required AVX2. My FX 8320 launched and pulled absolutely any modern game

T
TopPCGamer 25.10.22

overvest01
There, in general, the minimum system requirements are written, when people have hardware worse than the minimum, but they still buy a game that is higher in terms of requirements, then again the developers are to blame?

T
TopPCGamer 25.10.22

overvest01 wrote:
they didn't say that Avx 2 was needed either. What is the result? The game received a lot of hate, and the developers had to immediately remove the instructions with the very first patch. And the thing is that you need to say in advance that you need Avx 2. and
as a result, 3770k can’t even load a miserable 1660 and give stable 60fps
overvest01 wrote:
stupid insults to people who are sitting on old hardware.
No insults, no one offends anyone, just avx2 prots came out a long time ago and cost mere pennies
overvest01 wrote:
Remember yourself, how you sat on potatoes and were just as upset that the expected game did not go to your system.
I always liked to play only at maximum graphics settings, there was a period when I couldn’t buy normal hardware for myself and I didn’t play at all for about 5 years, then everything changed in my life and I buy only top cards, I play everything without problems

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

overvest01 wrote:
If the developers would say right away that yes, guys, they need processors with Avx 2.
in principle, you should be guided by system requirements, and the real minimum should only be assumed. and there are a lot of instructions there that will have to deal with their enumeration in this case.
something similar happened when changing one api level to another and wrote something like I need direct x 11 I have it installed but the game does not start and in all positions it was similar and it was clear to advanced users when it was written what version of shaders the game requires from the video card and with The latest api is full of chaos and darkness.

E
ErMaK_9020 25.10.22

People and about the patch you hear what not?