3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaiN 25.10.22 01:54 pm

FAQ on the game Dark Sector (Dark Sector)

if you have questions of both a technical nature and questions about the passage, write here I will help here are the most common and frequently asked questions about the game, I have collected here and there is no need to create double topics if you are looking for something, maybe it is in this topic:

Technical questions on game:

1. The game crashes when changing the resolution, what should I do?
It's okay, you can set the desired resolution in the file:
Dark SectorConfigs, open the ds.cfg file
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=

2. Can't hear the sounds of the surrounding world?
If the sound is Creative, try to put 2 speakers instead of 5.1 or set hardware acceleration to basic (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound (Tab) and remove the hardware acceleration slider there).

3. Problem with game crashes?
In general, I found a solution to the problem. Crashed the game because I remapped the movement buttons: default is wsad, I have -keyup,keydown
Here is a printout of the ds.cfg file:
————————————————
+version=3

[PS3_Config ,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config]

[Windows_Config,/Types/Config]
App.DefaultCmdLine=”-nop -client -silent”
App.Language=ru
Client.KeyBindings=Windows_KeyBindings
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=800
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=600
Graphics.PostFX=0
Graphics.ToggleResetDevice=0
Sound.EnableEAX=0

[Windows_KeyBindings,/Types/Input/KeyBindings]
MOVE_X=”KEY_RIGHT KEY_LEFT:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LX”
MOVE_Z=”KEY_UP KEY_DOWN:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LY:INVERT=13
UBER_ATTACK=”MOUSE_B3 GAMEPAD_RTHUMB”
AIM_POWER=”GAMEPAD_R2 KEY_NEXT”
ACTION=”GAMEPAD_X KEY_RSHIFT”
PICKUP=”GAMEPAD_SQUARE MOUSE_B23 CONTEXT_POWER
=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE MOUSE_B33
INV_SLOT_0=”GAMEPAD_RIGHT KEY_NUMPAD73
INV_SLOT_1=” GAMEPAD_LEFT KEY_NUMPAD83
PRIME_GRENADE=”GAMEPAD_L2 KEY_DELETE”
FLASHLIGHT=”KEY_END GAMEPAD_UP”
MELEE_ACTION=”GAMEPAD_CIRCLE KEY_RCONTROL”
RELOAD=KEY_NUMPAD0
FIRE_FLARE=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE KEY_NUMPAD13
SHOW_INVENTORY=”KEY_NUMPAD4 GAMEPAD_SELECT”
JACKAL_ROCKET=”KEY_NUMPAD2 GAMEPAD_R23

[Xbox360_Config,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config ]
—————————————–
Deleted the first 2 lines in the [Windows_KeyBindings, / Types / Input / KeyBindings] section - respectively, the movement keys were reset to default - and it worked
. If anyone else has crashes in the game, try deleting (well, or moving to another folder) all files from config folders. Then the next time the game is loaded, a new ds.cfg will be created and all the lines from the [Windows_Config, / Types / Config] section will need to be added to it, of course, all key settings will be reset to default.
I also noticed that after manually editing the ds.cfg file, the aspect ratio of the monica in the game changes and because of this the image is stretched. In this case, it is necessary to change the resolution in the game to something, and then to the one that is required.

4.Where can I change the graphics settings?? not in the game!
In the game itself, there are only Post-effects and effects, this is the settings, there is nothing else, such a minimalism

5. I can’t start the game Is there a problem with the PhysX driver?
Well, in that case, try to update the physics and put the latest firewood on the video card

6. The game hangs dead during the installation of the game, what should I do?
delete PhysX firewood (just in case, since version 8.04 is desirable for the game)
went into safe mode (run -> msconfig -> boot.ini -> check /safeboot)
reboot, respectively
, put 4.3.1 daemon before this
, after that, mount the image into it, then turned on RMPS
, the installation went on, everything went smoothly, after the installation was completed, the PhysX firewood could not be installed due to policy (it does not matter)
again we go into boot.ini, uncheck the box without. mode, reset
and then install firewood Physical (I, personally, installed); to do this, we go into the image and in the Redist folder we find them,
finally we enter the starforce driver into the equipment
everything.
when you start the game, you will be asked to install the starforce driver, agree, after that the disk must be successfully checked and the game will start
167 Comments
Sort by:
K
KaiN 25.10.22

7.Who has problems launching and crashing from the game?
1 install the game in safe mode (probably no difference what I personally set with alcohol two years ago)
2 before starting the game, kill all the processes that are possible and disable the antivirus
3 do not reassign the control buttons (at one point I hung because of this)
4 if the disk check does not work, go into the device manager and delete all the anti-starforces that you have set, and then put the one that comes in the folder with the game
5 if the start is black and white, just turn off the post processing in the graphics settings 8. Is there a

crack?
There is no crack

, the game starts as follows (only on 32-bit systems):
1. run the game installation using daemon tools.
2. I unchecked all extra settings. I only installed the game. Finish the installation.
3. leave the disk image in daemon tools. do daemon tools-> exit.
4. install fstarforce via control panel->add hardware
5. run the game. EVERYTHING WORKS.

9. Textures disappear! what to do?
Install more recent drivers, and also update DirectX, preferably from a disk

. Problems with the passage:

1. How many chapters are there in the game?
There are only 10 chapters in the game

2. In the first mission and initial cutscenes everything is black and white. That is how it should be?
Yes, this is how it should be in the second mission in the game everything will be colored

3. How to kill the boss in the cathedral?
3 times we throw a burning shuriuken at him, run up, press the SPACEBAR. After that, he starts to run, again we fry him with shuriuken and release the entire clip until it is red. Repeat the procedure at least 5 times ...

4. I got to the place where for the first time it turns out to control the flight of the shuriken and for the first time a dude with a shield appears, cleared the area, what to do next if all the doors are closed?
You throw on the button around this and that's it. you throw up the bars then you control.

5. How to get through the machine gunner in chapter 6?
At the rear of the bullet, the satchel is also visible from the front, just above the head and you shoot at the satchel, it will become stunned, you come up to it, I press the attack with your hand, it will break through the glass and pull out its heart further into the body of the robot, throw the shuriken and throw the activating elevator into the elevator button and that's it.

6. I can not burn through the curtain of the door to the cemetery. Where can I get a fire to set fire to the shyuruken, I light it on the square and do not have time to run, it goes out?
While running from above there will be another bowl, set fire to it.

7. What to do in chapter 4, I killed the monsters, turned the valve, launched the glaive into the transformer, and then what ???
After you turn the valve, you need to go into the room next to it, then throw the glyph into the shield, it will become electrified, then throw this glyph into the statue to the very top, a fire will light up there, and then throw the glyph into the fire, and then the mucus will burn through this door with mucus and you can pass

8 In chapter 5, where 10 minutes are given for the mission, when I climbed the ladder where there is a lot of water and fire at the top, and electricity, what should I do there?
Shureken must be thrown into electricity, and then thrown into the middle of a closed door.

9. In chapter 7, the invisible boss runs through the water, how to soak him?
There are barrels with nitrogen in them, a boomer and a boomerang into the water where this invisible boss is and shoot at him when you get the ability to be invisible.

10. Can't get past the robot?
You need to shock him and run up from behind, and then press the spacebar.

11. How to get invisible?
You shoot constantly, then it will climb up, when it goes down it will throw some things, turn on the field so that they fly back and so on until it turns red.

12.How to kill the final boss?
.Final boss: Three stages: the first is when there are three tentacles - you need to start arming yourself on the sides, there are cartridges and then stand in the center, throw a boomerang into an electric charge at the top above the boss (or there is still a box on the right on the wall that needs to be broken and then less time will be spent on the flight of the boomerang)
and then wait for it to open its mouth very wide from the tentacles and at that moment throw an electric boomerang and so you need to do for each tentacle and then the "door" will open where the main enemy sat down and start shooting at him with a weapon!
The second stage is when there are two tentacles and plus mutants in twos that will crawl out to infinity of this stage! here you need to either aim at the center to graze the tentacles and hit with a strong blow, but do not forget about the mutants !!!! (I think this is the most difficult stage);
The third stage - five tentacles, there is nothing complicated here if the first two stages have already been completed, just apply all the skills and the main thing is that now no one bothers !!!
Well, when all the tentacles are defeated and the main enemy, then the final video will go!

K
KaiN 25.10.22

13. In which mission, is there a hatch that leads to the Black Market?
In the 3rd mission

14. How to kill a boss in a suit who walks with large machine guns, did I get sick of throwing a disk at him?
Throw a glaive with all the dope at the blue blocks on his back

15. After the first boss, the building in it has two floors, on the first burner and on the other side of the electrical panel. where to go there is no passage the doors are closed......helppppppppp!!!
If you haven't gone through this yet, then:
Throw the glaive at electricity, then throw it at the gas that is in ruins on the first floor, and with this fire, burn the slime that blocks the passage on the second floor!

16. How to pass the moment on the ship when you need to dump in 10 minutes?
In a location where you still throw an electric glaive at the door, I don’t understand what to do at all. Are there still zombies out there?
Run through the boxes further ... there will be more doors with an electric lock .. electricity will need to be taken behind bars .. controlling the glive 17.

Help stuck location to freeze the glaive what to do?
You need to Freeze the whole place where the water flows from (there are 3 of them) and how it froze, you can safely throw the ice glaive into the fire.

18. In what chapters will the following enemies appear: Colossus Stalker Nemesis Shifting (for the sake of achievements I ask). himself shcha on the fourth chapter?
Keep playing you'll see

19. What should I do after 7 invisible bosses I can’t enter the door even invisible???????
You kill the boss. You take the ability - invisibility. You turn it on. You pass through the door.

20.Localization from the new disc is just terrible...
I agree, it's not just terrible, it's just

shitty 21.Does the merchant get a new weapon as the game progresses? Or so the whole game and run around with a gun and a machine gun?
Over time, new weapons appear that you can buy

22. Can I remove upgrades from weapons?
No, you can't

23. Did the people go through the cemetery thread? Stuck in a place where some kind of tomb in front of her a torch that I set on fire. And to the right of the tomb there is a passage, at the end there are bushes, and so I don’t have time to burn them, it’s stupid to extinguish the boomerang .... What’s the trick?
there it is necessary to spread this fire over other torches, one at the exit, the other at the end of the circular road (ghouls will begin to climb there), then another one will be on the other of the same circular road, the current is a little higher (RIGHT). "
You need to search, as I understand it , another torch in the right passage at the top on the right side. There will be its top sticking out, it's like after the first dog.

24. I pee a mechanical dog for the 2nd time, where there are no grenade launchers. In general, I blew up the truck, set fire to that crap that blocked the shield with an electric I shot her with a boomer, her half of her body turned red. What to do next with her?
Run around behind and press the spacebar, after which a very fun walk on this very robot will follow)

25. Damn, how to turn on the force field? Written, press E, zhmakayu - nothing happens. Pressing from the third only turns on. Maybe it only turns on at a certain moment?
This ability requires a charge. The indicator is located on the right forearm of the protagonist on the hand with which he uses the throwing glaive, similar to the life indicator on the back of the hero from Dead Space... Ie. when this mark begins to glow, the force field can be used. The reload is automatic, it's simple, you need to wait a bit and that's all

26. The game hangs in 10-20 minutes of the game tightly. Firewood, direct, all the latest costs. No one has come across something like this?
Try downgrading hardware sound acceleration to base 27 via Dxdiag.

Can you please tell me what is the size of the correct game image?
7.24 GB (7*783*494*763 bytes)

28.Where are saves stored?
C:Documents and Settings\Application DataDark Sector

29.On a PC, is it only in Russia??
Yes, the game was released only in Russia, in other countries it was not even announced

30. Departure at the very beginning, after the friend was soaked, went a little forward, climb the stairs and then the game crashes - has anyone encountered this?
You most likely unchecked where the Additional Software was written when you installed the game! you need to install the latest one or the one that comes with the game Ageia PSihiX

31. Tell me plzzzzzzzzzz how to buy ammo for my weapon ???????
I'm running out of ammo like an idiot Gun ammo
can be bought on the black market

32. Here is such a stupid question, can he (the main character) squat or hide behind boxes? If so, how, have you tried all the buttons?
Press Ctrl by default

33. Tell me how to open the gate with a sparkling chain in chapter 2?
The glaive has 2 types of attack, simple and strong, to break the chains on the gate you need a strong attack, hold down the "C" key (by default), when the sight changes color from white to yellow, release it.

34. Is there a first-person mode in the game. If so, how to turn it on?
No, there is no 1st person mode in the game, and you can’t turn it on in any way

35. Does the game support 10 Direct?
No does not support

36. People I have such a problem when I press the "move forward" key, then he starts to walk on his own and there is no way to stop him,
what should I do?
Restart the game and that's it

37. I didn't understand what happened at the end when he killed the menzer and then left somewhere?
Nobody knows, I think it will be possible to continue or the second part

38. Guys, jump up how to get out of the robot which button to press?
X on the keyboard

Multiplayer
Dark Sector has two multiplayer modes - Infection and Outbreak, which can be played over a local network.
Infection - a round match, where in each round one player starts the match as Hayden Tenno (the main character), who has access to all superpowers, and others as ordinary soldiers. They will have the same weapons as the soldiers in single player, the ability to place mines and communicate with each other. The task of the soldiers, using team interaction, is to surround and kill Hayden. If someone kills Hayden, the round will end, and the player who killed him will become Hayden himself in the next round.
Epidemic is a team game in which two teams take part, and in each one of the players acts as Hayden. The task of both teams is to kill Hayden from another team and protect their own.

a
andry73 25.10.22

in the middle of the process while unpacking the files when installing the game, a message appears: there is not enough disk space. write error: files larger than 4 GB are only supported by the ntfs file system. Help with advice.

K
KaiN 25.10.22

demon73 dig into the settings and turn off running

G
Gara 21 25.10.22

in the 3rd chapter I can not open the iron gate tied with a chain

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Gara 21 read the faq more carefully, load the glaive by default, button C, when the sight changes color to yellow, point at the lock and throw it and that's it

G
Gara 21 25.10.22

I tried many, many times with a glaive and a pistol and a machine gun, but there is no result !!!!!!!!!!

K
KaiN 25.10.22

it means you are doing something wrong because it should work

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Gara 21 look at this vidos there you will see how that place with the gate is passed

m
masterlee 25.10.22

People, tell me the tactics, how to take out the boss at level 9?

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Boss Nemesis, who later turns out to be Nadia, is the same as you, only with a spear you can bring down so you need to dodge him as long as possible, and when he is charged with electricity, you need to dodge very quickly then throw a boomerang into the electric beam where he threw it and throw an electric boomerang at him and when it turns red then go up and finish it off and so 3 or 4 times I don’t remember

G
Gara 21 25.10.22

Thank you KaiN - everything worked out

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Gara 21 for nothing

G
Gara 21 25.10.22

I can’t open the iron gate, behind which the red light is on and the glaive is practically uncontrollable. 3rd chapter. Which mouse button to control the glaive

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Gara 21, well, I don’t know, I got into the button the second time to control the mouse quite easily

G
Gara 21 25.10.22

KaiN After the training, it turned out, thanks, BUT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 4TH CHAPTER - I can’t get over the pit with the debris of the house - maybe again I need to throw the glaive somewhere?

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Gara 21 you don’t have to throw anything anywhere you go back there will be a big door you need to go through and that’s it

X
Xavr 25.10.22

Plis help me during installation in the middle of writing the device is found.

C
CARNAGE72 25.10.22

I got stuck in the 3rd chapter when I just learned how to control shuriken in flight and killed everyone, and then I don’t know what to do! Help pliz !!!

K
KaiN 25.10.22

CARNAGE72 to open the grate, throw a glaive at it, switch to direct control mode (hold down the "C" key, and control with the mouse), and hit the red light, but just read the walkthrough http://forums.playground.ru/dark_sector/ 219477/