3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaiN 25.10.22 01:54 pm

FAQ on the game Dark Sector (Dark Sector)

if you have questions of both a technical nature and questions about the passage, write here I will help here are the most common and frequently asked questions about the game, I have collected here and there is no need to create double topics if you are looking for something, maybe it is in this topic:

Technical questions on game:

1. The game crashes when changing the resolution, what should I do?
It's okay, you can set the desired resolution in the file:
Dark SectorConfigs, open the ds.cfg file
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=

2. Can't hear the sounds of the surrounding world?
If the sound is Creative, try to put 2 speakers instead of 5.1 or set hardware acceleration to basic (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound (Tab) and remove the hardware acceleration slider there).

3. Problem with game crashes?
In general, I found a solution to the problem. Crashed the game because I remapped the movement buttons: default is wsad, I have -keyup,keydown
Here is a printout of the ds.cfg file:
————————————————
+version=3

[PS3_Config ,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config]

[Windows_Config,/Types/Config]
App.DefaultCmdLine=”-nop -client -silent”
App.Language=ru
Client.KeyBindings=Windows_KeyBindings
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=800
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=600
Graphics.PostFX=0
Graphics.ToggleResetDevice=0
Sound.EnableEAX=0

[Windows_KeyBindings,/Types/Input/KeyBindings]
MOVE_X=”KEY_RIGHT KEY_LEFT:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LX”
MOVE_Z=”KEY_UP KEY_DOWN:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LY:INVERT=13
UBER_ATTACK=”MOUSE_B3 GAMEPAD_RTHUMB”
AIM_POWER=”GAMEPAD_R2 KEY_NEXT”
ACTION=”GAMEPAD_X KEY_RSHIFT”
PICKUP=”GAMEPAD_SQUARE MOUSE_B23 CONTEXT_POWER
=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE MOUSE_B33
INV_SLOT_0=”GAMEPAD_RIGHT KEY_NUMPAD73
INV_SLOT_1=” GAMEPAD_LEFT KEY_NUMPAD83
PRIME_GRENADE=”GAMEPAD_L2 KEY_DELETE”
FLASHLIGHT=”KEY_END GAMEPAD_UP”
MELEE_ACTION=”GAMEPAD_CIRCLE KEY_RCONTROL”
RELOAD=KEY_NUMPAD0
FIRE_FLARE=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE KEY_NUMPAD13
SHOW_INVENTORY=”KEY_NUMPAD4 GAMEPAD_SELECT”
JACKAL_ROCKET=”KEY_NUMPAD2 GAMEPAD_R23

[Xbox360_Config,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config ]
—————————————–
Deleted the first 2 lines in the [Windows_KeyBindings, / Types / Input / KeyBindings] section - respectively, the movement keys were reset to default - and it worked
. If anyone else has crashes in the game, try deleting (well, or moving to another folder) all files from config folders. Then the next time the game is loaded, a new ds.cfg will be created and all the lines from the [Windows_Config, / Types / Config] section will need to be added to it, of course, all key settings will be reset to default.
I also noticed that after manually editing the ds.cfg file, the aspect ratio of the monica in the game changes and because of this the image is stretched. In this case, it is necessary to change the resolution in the game to something, and then to the one that is required.

4.Where can I change the graphics settings?? not in the game!
In the game itself, there are only Post-effects and effects, this is the settings, there is nothing else, such a minimalism

5. I can’t start the game Is there a problem with the PhysX driver?
Well, in that case, try to update the physics and put the latest firewood on the video card

6. The game hangs dead during the installation of the game, what should I do?
delete PhysX firewood (just in case, since version 8.04 is desirable for the game)
went into safe mode (run -> msconfig -> boot.ini -> check /safeboot)
reboot, respectively
, put 4.3.1 daemon before this
, after that, mount the image into it, then turned on RMPS
, the installation went on, everything went smoothly, after the installation was completed, the PhysX firewood could not be installed due to policy (it does not matter)
again we go into boot.ini, uncheck the box without. mode, reset
and then install firewood Physical (I, personally, installed); to do this, we go into the image and in the Redist folder we find them,
finally we enter the starforce driver into the equipment
everything.
when you start the game, you will be asked to install the starforce driver, agree, after that the disk must be successfully checked and the game will start
167 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xiga 25.10.22

I have a banal problem with the resolution as soon as I change it the game hangs. I tried to change
Dark SectorConfigs, opened the file with notepad ds.cfg
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=800 change to 1680
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=600 change to 1050
I want to save writes: Unable create the file C:ProgramFilesNew DriveDark SectorConfigsDS.cfg.
Check that the path and filename are correct.
I press OK,
I try to replace ...
the same boyda :Check that the path and filename are correct!!!
I broke my whole head. I don’t want to play on a 22 manitor at a resolution of 800 * 600
HELP

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

XigaSo why are you bothering with a notepad, you change it in the game itself!

R
Rohan82 25.10.22

Please tell me in the eighth chapter after I killed the boss with a shield (aka a girl), I go out into the street, sit in a jackal, I reach the gate, and they are closed.
What to do, I can’t open what I didn’t do. I really want to play it!!!!!

X
Xiga 25.10.22

Demion-spb Are you talking about the video settings in the settings console in the game? I changed it there as soon as I set it above 800 * 600, it immediately hangs. There are no settings in the disk itself. PLEASE PLEASE I will be grateful

V
VORON_KZ 25.10.22

Tell me how to kill the leader, with a shield and a two-handed sword which, in the castle, there are still robots at the entrance, such as tanks.

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

Rohan82 You need to smash them, shoot them with a jackal from a rocket launcher!

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

VORON_KZ You need to dodge him, run, jump, try not to engage in battle, bullets do not harm him, wait until he charges his spear with lightning and throws it at you, you must dodge, the spear will get stuck somewhere, and then throw the gref at this spear , the gref will be charged with electricity, you throw it into this creature (although not a creature, but an ordinary woman), she will have a force shield, you need to have time to bring it down, and again charge the gref about the spear and throw it outside again, or wait until she spears again lightning charge and throw, repeat three times and it's yours! Better look

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

Xiga I don't know why it hangs, I need to think about it!

X
Xiga 25.10.22

I reinstalled the game and everything worked. The error was visible in the installation. Thanks anyway!

T
Trust 1986 25.10.22

how to make the game run without a disc

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Trust 1986

but try this dvd http://nodvd.net/load/4-1-0-190 and this one http://rapidshare.com/files/199159145/Dark_Sector__cdman__pafnutiy761___RU__1.0___NoDVD_.rar

i
igor armistov 25.10.22

help, the game is installed up to half and then it gives a component transfer error, while the virtual image disappears, I don’t know what to do

K
KaiN 25.10.22

igor armistov
b..i na..uya I wrote the fact read more carefully, but if you read it, then here it is:
remove the PhysX firewood (just in case, since version 8.04 is desirable for the game)
went into safe mode (run -> msconfig -> boot.ini -> check /safeboot)
reboot, respectively
, put before this daemon 4.3.1
after that, mount the image into it, then turned on RMPS
, the installation went, everything went smoothly, after the installation was completed, the PhysX firewood could not be installed due to policy (it doesn't matter)
again we go into boot.ini, uncheck the box without. mode, reset
and then install firewood Physical (I, personally, installed); to do this, go to the image and find them in the Redist folder
Finally, we bring the starforce driver into the equipment, that's
it.
when you start the game, you will be asked to install the starforce driver, agree, after that the disk must be successfully checked and the game will start

s
sinister1990 25.10.22

I have such a problem, the game periodically collapses and it can no longer be deployed back, it freezes. There is also such a joke that it creates such an impression that the game seems to be in windowed mode, if you hold down the left mouse button and drag, then the picture of the game shifts like a window, WHO CAN TELL HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ?

i
igor armistov 25.10.22

Damn, some kind of crap, I installed the game, thanks KaiN, everything goes only crap today, all the fonts in the game have become in the form of stripes and dashes, I don’t understand what the hell

K
KaiN 25.10.22

Igor armistov

, I also had asterisks instead of words, this is the result of my picking the game files, digging around and everything was back

d
denacid 25.10.22

When you start the game, this message appears "Contact ... Lost connection with the server. Exit to the main menu."
And just one "OK" button, when you click on it, a black screen just hangs. How to solve the problem???

d
denacid 25.10.22

Gyyy solved the problem :))))

i
igor armistov 25.10.22

KaiN, if it’s not hard, explain where and what you were picking, it’s just that I’m with a computer on YOU

i
igor armistov 25.10.22

KaiN, if it’s not hard, explain where and what you were picking, it’s just that I’m with a computer on YOU