3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaiN 25.10.22 01:54 pm

FAQ on the game Dark Sector (Dark Sector)

if you have questions of both a technical nature and questions about the passage, write here I will help here are the most common and frequently asked questions about the game, I have collected here and there is no need to create double topics if you are looking for something, maybe it is in this topic:

Technical questions on game:

1. The game crashes when changing the resolution, what should I do?
It's okay, you can set the desired resolution in the file:
Dark SectorConfigs, open the ds.cfg file
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=

2. Can't hear the sounds of the surrounding world?
If the sound is Creative, try to put 2 speakers instead of 5.1 or set hardware acceleration to basic (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound (Tab) and remove the hardware acceleration slider there).

3. Problem with game crashes?
In general, I found a solution to the problem. Crashed the game because I remapped the movement buttons: default is wsad, I have -keyup,keydown
Here is a printout of the ds.cfg file:
————————————————
+version=3

[PS3_Config ,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config]

[Windows_Config,/Types/Config]
App.DefaultCmdLine=”-nop -client -silent”
App.Language=ru
Client.KeyBindings=Windows_KeyBindings
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=800
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=600
Graphics.PostFX=0
Graphics.ToggleResetDevice=0
Sound.EnableEAX=0

[Windows_KeyBindings,/Types/Input/KeyBindings]
MOVE_X=”KEY_RIGHT KEY_LEFT:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LX”
MOVE_Z=”KEY_UP KEY_DOWN:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LY:INVERT=13
UBER_ATTACK=”MOUSE_B3 GAMEPAD_RTHUMB”
AIM_POWER=”GAMEPAD_R2 KEY_NEXT”
ACTION=”GAMEPAD_X KEY_RSHIFT”
PICKUP=”GAMEPAD_SQUARE MOUSE_B23 CONTEXT_POWER
=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE MOUSE_B33
INV_SLOT_0=”GAMEPAD_RIGHT KEY_NUMPAD73
INV_SLOT_1=” GAMEPAD_LEFT KEY_NUMPAD83
PRIME_GRENADE=”GAMEPAD_L2 KEY_DELETE”
FLASHLIGHT=”KEY_END GAMEPAD_UP”
MELEE_ACTION=”GAMEPAD_CIRCLE KEY_RCONTROL”
RELOAD=KEY_NUMPAD0
FIRE_FLARE=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE KEY_NUMPAD13
SHOW_INVENTORY=”KEY_NUMPAD4 GAMEPAD_SELECT”
JACKAL_ROCKET=”KEY_NUMPAD2 GAMEPAD_R23

[Xbox360_Config,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config ]
—————————————–
Deleted the first 2 lines in the [Windows_KeyBindings, / Types / Input / KeyBindings] section - respectively, the movement keys were reset to default - and it worked
. If anyone else has crashes in the game, try deleting (well, or moving to another folder) all files from config folders. Then the next time the game is loaded, a new ds.cfg will be created and all the lines from the [Windows_Config, / Types / Config] section will need to be added to it, of course, all key settings will be reset to default.
I also noticed that after manually editing the ds.cfg file, the aspect ratio of the monica in the game changes and because of this the image is stretched. In this case, it is necessary to change the resolution in the game to something, and then to the one that is required.

4.Where can I change the graphics settings?? not in the game!
In the game itself, there are only Post-effects and effects, this is the settings, there is nothing else, such a minimalism

5. I can’t start the game Is there a problem with the PhysX driver?
Well, in that case, try to update the physics and put the latest firewood on the video card

6. The game hangs dead during the installation of the game, what should I do?
delete PhysX firewood (just in case, since version 8.04 is desirable for the game)
went into safe mode (run -> msconfig -> boot.ini -> check /safeboot)
reboot, respectively
, put 4.3.1 daemon before this
, after that, mount the image into it, then turned on RMPS
, the installation went on, everything went smoothly, after the installation was completed, the PhysX firewood could not be installed due to policy (it does not matter)
again we go into boot.ini, uncheck the box without. mode, reset
and then install firewood Physical (I, personally, installed); to do this, we go into the image and in the Redist folder we find them,
finally we enter the starforce driver into the equipment
everything.
when you start the game, you will be asked to install the starforce driver, agree, after that the disk must be successfully checked and the game will start
167 Comments
Sort by:
C
CARNAGE72 25.10.22

KaiN in the seventh chapter (where are the trains) what should I do to put out the fire? I killed a mechanical soldier, turned the valve and froze the water in 4 places and nothing happens! what should I do ???

K
KaiN 25.10.22

CARNAGE72 you have already reached the boss

C
CARNAGE72 25.10.22

no way there! I run alone and no one shows up!!!

K
KaiN 25.10.22

I don’t remember exactly the reading:
At this level, there are practically no cartridges, so it’s better to save what you have. Most of the enemies are different kinds of zombies, so we are getting ready for long battles. At first, we are confronted by high-jumping and painfully shooting zombies. Against them, a bunch of glaive + shield is best suited. Ice will sometimes be found in buildings, it is necessary to break through it by “recharging” the glaive in cold springs. Soon, invisible monsters will appear on the way, shooting with energy charges - you can detect them with the help of a sight. Even when the monster is not visible, when aiming, the crosshair turns red. There we throw our assistant-glaive (or shoot, if there are cartridges).

After a couple of difficult encounters, the dead will begin to alternate with the living soldiers. Even an armored soldier familiar from the previous level will fall. The algorithm is the same - we shoot at the red batteries on the back. We select weapons for this from ordinary soldiers helping him.

In the depot we will not fall under the train - it will crush and will not stop. During the skirmishes, we take cover behind the carts, and we move around pushing these carts at all. After we finish off the second soldier in armor for the level, we need to turn the water that does not allow passage into ice. A couple of fights with invisible zombies, and we are waiting for one of the most difficult bosses in the game.

The boss, called the Stalker, can become invisible, you can only see him when he starts to attack. Nevertheless, these moments are enough for him to be behind us and finish off the protagonist. You need to kill him in the following way: every 5-10 seconds barrels with ice rush along the sides - we throw a glaive at them, and then we freeze the water around us. Sooner or later, the Stalker will hit the ice and stick for a while. We will just have a chance to freely shoot at him or throw a glaive. After a couple of such maneuvers, the Stalker will begin to shoot back by itself. We continue to act according to the old scheme, only now it is necessary to hide behind a power shield. Soon the boss will light up with a red light, and we will only have to finish him off. And here is a new ability - invisibility.

K
KaiN 25.10.22

but wait there you need to freeze the glaive and throw it into the fire and it will be extinguished

P
PlatonOlolo 25.10.22

Help people!
I downloaded the game. I put this protection against starforce and that's it, I played normally for 3 days. Today even I don’t want to start it writes "the application has expired without a disk. Where can I get a disk for it? I already deleted the simulator. What should I do? ((((

K
KaiN 25.10.22

GpaD mount the image again

P
PlatonOlolo 25.10.22

I say that I don’t have an image. I deleted it.

K
KaiN 25.10.22

well then I don't know

P
PlatonOlolo 25.10.22

Damn, but where is no nodvd? =(

K
KX-T206RU 25.10.22

The people who played this toy when you play the first mission, that is, the EPILOGUE, when you shoot at enemies with a pistol or machine gun, your shots are audible, but the opponents shoot at you, their shots are not audible at all, is this a game or just I have some kind of Glitch in the game, who knows, please unsubscribe, I will be very grateful.

Z
Ziggety 25.10.22

try to reinstall the firewood on the sound card, I mnu in DMS 4 and in Alon inze ... I couldn’t hear the voice, interrupted the firewood, everything went perfectly audible

s
server65 25.10.22

Hello people! Help someone in the know. Installed the game and at startup it requires the original game disc. The image is in the demon, what else does he need? nodvd set-the same crap. Maybe somehow differently?

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

server65 Be sure to enable RMPS emulation in the DT settings. Install the StarForce Bypass Driver 5.50.9 - 5.60.1.29. And I can’t say anything about nodvd, I set the starforce bypass and it’s fine.

s
server65 25.10.22

Where can I get the driver?

s
server65 25.10.22

Nothing comes out. I turned on RMPS, installed the driver, installed it in safe mode - but it doesn’t matter to him, he asks for the disk to at least crack. Help who knows how to install.

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

server65 I'm just sure that you have a problem with Starforce, maybe you had an old Starforce driver, you need to demolish it (necessarily through devices) and install exactly the one that I wroteStarForce bypass driver 5.50.9 - 5.60.1.29.
I clearly did this:
1. Install the game using the latest DT http://www.disc-tools.com/download/daemon+isomaker+astroburn+dtpro+sptd+hashcalc
2. Install the StarForce Bypass Driver 5.50.9 - 5.60. 1.29
3. Be sure to enable RMPS emulation in the DT settings.
3. Run the game from the shortcut.

This driver prevents BSOD (blue screen of death) hosted by starforce protection.
Using the latest version of daemon tools and this driver, it becomes possible to run games protected by starforce versions that cause system crash (BSOD).
Driver installation.
1.Control Panel—->Hardware Installation—->Next—->Yes, the device is already connected—->Next—->Go to the bottom of the list, and select "Add New Device"—->Next—->Hardware Installation, from the list manually—->Next—->Show all devices—->Next—->Install from disk—>Next—-> Add dev000.inf file. fstarforce should appear in device manager (in system devices).
2.We mount the correct disk image in Daemon Tools 4.3.1, not forgetting to enable RMPS emulation.

s
server65 25.10.22

I'll try it now.

s
server65 25.10.22

I did everything as advised - and the same parsley. Yes. sorry, it will have to be demolished.

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

server65If you have Windows x64, then this method does not work, you need to use No-DVD, although I don’t know if this method introduces a lag, the StarForce bypass driver 5.50.9 - 5.60.1.29 bypasses the system without making changes to the game itself, if I were you, I would try again, since the game is worthy, wait, maybe someone will tell you, maybe I'll think of something!