3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaiN 25.10.22 01:54 pm

FAQ on the game Dark Sector (Dark Sector)

if you have questions of both a technical nature and questions about the passage, write here I will help here are the most common and frequently asked questions about the game, I have collected here and there is no need to create double topics if you are looking for something, maybe it is in this topic:

Technical questions on game:

1. The game crashes when changing the resolution, what should I do?
It's okay, you can set the desired resolution in the file:
Dark SectorConfigs, open the ds.cfg file
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=

2. Can't hear the sounds of the surrounding world?
If the sound is Creative, try to put 2 speakers instead of 5.1 or set hardware acceleration to basic (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound (Tab) and remove the hardware acceleration slider there).

3. Problem with game crashes?
In general, I found a solution to the problem. Crashed the game because I remapped the movement buttons: default is wsad, I have -keyup,keydown
Here is a printout of the ds.cfg file:
————————————————
+version=3

[PS3_Config ,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config]

[Windows_Config,/Types/Config]
App.DefaultCmdLine=”-nop -client -silent”
App.Language=ru
Client.KeyBindings=Windows_KeyBindings
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=800
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=600
Graphics.PostFX=0
Graphics.ToggleResetDevice=0
Sound.EnableEAX=0

[Windows_KeyBindings,/Types/Input/KeyBindings]
MOVE_X=”KEY_RIGHT KEY_LEFT:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LX”
MOVE_Z=”KEY_UP KEY_DOWN:INVERT=1 GAMEPAD_LY:INVERT=13
UBER_ATTACK=”MOUSE_B3 GAMEPAD_RTHUMB”
AIM_POWER=”GAMEPAD_R2 KEY_NEXT”
ACTION=”GAMEPAD_X KEY_RSHIFT”
PICKUP=”GAMEPAD_SQUARE MOUSE_B23 CONTEXT_POWER
=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE MOUSE_B33
INV_SLOT_0=”GAMEPAD_RIGHT KEY_NUMPAD73
INV_SLOT_1=” GAMEPAD_LEFT KEY_NUMPAD83
PRIME_GRENADE=”GAMEPAD_L2 KEY_DELETE”
FLASHLIGHT=”KEY_END GAMEPAD_UP”
MELEE_ACTION=”GAMEPAD_CIRCLE KEY_RCONTROL”
RELOAD=KEY_NUMPAD0
FIRE_FLARE=”GAMEPAD_TRIANGLE KEY_NUMPAD13
SHOW_INVENTORY=”KEY_NUMPAD4 GAMEPAD_SELECT”
JACKAL_ROCKET=”KEY_NUMPAD2 GAMEPAD_R23

[Xbox360_Config,/Configs/DS.cfg/Windows_Config ]
—————————————–
Deleted the first 2 lines in the [Windows_KeyBindings, / Types / Input / KeyBindings] section - respectively, the movement keys were reset to default - and it worked
. If anyone else has crashes in the game, try deleting (well, or moving to another folder) all files from config folders. Then the next time the game is loaded, a new ds.cfg will be created and all the lines from the [Windows_Config, / Types / Config] section will need to be added to it, of course, all key settings will be reset to default.
I also noticed that after manually editing the ds.cfg file, the aspect ratio of the monica in the game changes and because of this the image is stretched. In this case, it is necessary to change the resolution in the game to something, and then to the one that is required.

4.Where can I change the graphics settings?? not in the game!
In the game itself, there are only Post-effects and effects, this is the settings, there is nothing else, such a minimalism

5. I can’t start the game Is there a problem with the PhysX driver?
Well, in that case, try to update the physics and put the latest firewood on the video card

6. The game hangs dead during the installation of the game, what should I do?
delete PhysX firewood (just in case, since version 8.04 is desirable for the game)
went into safe mode (run -> msconfig -> boot.ini -> check /safeboot)
reboot, respectively
, put 4.3.1 daemon before this
, after that, mount the image into it, then turned on RMPS
, the installation went on, everything went smoothly, after the installation was completed, the PhysX firewood could not be installed due to policy (it does not matter)
again we go into boot.ini, uncheck the box without. mode, reset
and then install firewood Physical (I, personally, installed); to do this, we go into the image and in the Redist folder we find them,
finally we enter the starforce driver into the equipment
everything.
when you start the game, you will be asked to install the starforce driver, agree, after that the disk must be successfully checked and the game will start
167 Comments
Sort by:
s
server65 25.10.22

GUARD! I'm desperate! Already tried all the options -0. I first downloaded the game at 3.90GB, I thought maybe the files were broken - I took it down. Uploaded to 7.24GB but nothing helps. I installed it in the usual way, and in safe mode, and installed all sorts of nodvd - damn it. And now what i can do? What if Windows x64 then there is no solution? Who started on x64, SP3, tell me what's the trick?

C
CARNAGE72 25.10.22

ATP KaiN all I found the way!

s
server65 25.10.22

Everything, finally Nodvd appeared, started. Who has problems with starting the game, requires you to insert the original or gives out that the emulation program is installed, etc. Here is the solution: Dark Sector v 1.0 RU NoDVD #2

*Installation*
Unpack the crack into the game folder
Run install.crack.bat
Enjoy the game!

by TRiViUM

​​www.playground.ru/cheats/14551/

D
DenicK 25.10.22

HELP! In the fourth chapter, I ended up in a church, killed all the infected, but I don’t know where to go next, tell me someone !!!!!!!

K
KaiN 25.10.22

DenicK read here http://forums.playground.ru/dark_sector/219477/

E
Evgen1us 25.10.22

I usually play on TV at a resolution of 1920x1080 or 1280x720, and if you set these resolutions in the DS.cfg file, then the game runs fine, but it is stretched vertically, i.e. the 16:9 aspect ratio is incorrectly calculated, but with the 4:3 aspect ratio everything works correctly. What to do in this case if you want to play in 16:9 format?

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

Evgen1us I noticed that not only you have a problem with the resolution, I didn’t change anything, as the laptop set the resolution, and set it, apparently the trouble is that this is a cut from the console!

M
Mr. Romero 25.10.22

yeah,
I even did a mini-research on the topic:
http://forums.playground.ru/dark_sector/219873/

E
Evgen1us 25.10.22

Demion-spb, It seems to me that with a resolution of 1280x720 and a 16: 9 format there should be no problems, because. on consoles, this is now the mainstream format. Maybe there is already a patch that fixes this cant?

M
Mr. Romero 25.10.22

patch not released

h
hpi 25.10.22

but how to put mono instead of a circle (sight pointer) laser, I watched videos, then there is a laser sight
or is it a smart current (smart pirate)

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

hpiChe then you beguiled!

h
hpi 25.10.22

that’s not me, seriously, in videos back in 2006, it seemed like a laser sight was hitting then on the off site it was written that the game on your PS will never be seen

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

hpiЁ is mine, but what year is it now, and you know what Fallout3 should have looked like, yeah... Didn't you confuse it with Resident Evil 4?

D
DarkNezias_Gebeine 25.10.22

bugaga))) all the same, chapter 10 with this barefoot pervert with tentacles will pass the roll ((

K
KILLER880 25.10.22

DarkNezias! I will pass! anyway

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

The last boss mut-tttt-an-tttt, infuriated for a long time, if you really, really want to, then fill it up!

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

hpi You got into the wrong forum!

D
DarkNezias_Gebeine 25.10.22

KILLER880!!! xs I’ve been trying for 3 days already ((cartridges run out on half of the mutants and PPC ...
this shit shakes me with tentacles (

D
Demion-spb 25.10.22

DarkNezias You don't need ammo there, just use a loaded graff, bomb the transformer on the right, and you'll be happy! Don't pay attention to the initialized ones at all and smash the tentacles point by point, and you'll be happy! 100%. And then the tentacles in the mouth! Etc .