3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23 04:16 pm

It is impossible to achieve stability on the Radeon.

I upgraded the video card from gtx 780 to rx6650 and have been dancing around it with a tambourine for a month now. I rearranged Windows several times, tried different drivers, tested everything separately and together, then it works somewhere a little, then again everything breaks down and friezes begin.

Briefly about the problem, Constant frame drops from 165 to 80 and below, stutters, image freezing in active games (warframe, destiny), vertically helps to some extent, but not always and not everywhere. The frequency of the video card jumps like a saiga, the same minecraft generally eats only 300 MHz and then, after a while, it generally freezes.
Are the Radeons so messy? In general, is there any chance to cure these constant brakes in all games?

config
ryzen 9 5900x
mother asus tuf x570 plus wi-fi
rx 6650xt saphire oc
32gb ddr4 3800
bp corsair rm850x
all programs and games are on a pair of ssd m2
52 Comments
Sort by:
T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Blood Rubin
Firstly, the 6650xt is a weak card in itself and it is worthless, you need to look at frame drops, but not a single card can provide you with a stable frame rate without drops, because. the game is a dynamic world and it changes, the number of objects in the scene changes, the environment changes, somewhere the scene is simpler, somewhere more difficult, hence the different frame rates and this is absolutely on all videos and processes. I don’t know about the warframe, but Dustan 2 initially worked very well on AMD, I don’t have an AMD card to test, but I remember people from 5700xt crying, where this game flew at 1080ti at 3840 * 2160 even. Perhaps 6650xt does not drag it, for older cards of the 6900xt and 6950xt level I have not heard of any problems with them. As for the frequency jump, Nvidia doesn’t have this, but AMD messed up some kind of thing with a power saving mechanism, and when the card is not loaded, there is a drop in frequencies,

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

TopPCGamer
buzzes and buzzes, but sometimes it just drops to 0 and again to 99, although I understand that the card itself is complete crap, but there was no better opportunity to take something, to put it mildly, there was a choice, either 3050, or red game. So to say, I trusted the reviews from YouTube and now I regret it very much: I will never take video cards from the red camp again, to hell ... The processors are excellent, the video cards are bottom.

S
Sergjiei 20.01.23

TopPCGamer
This is a card somewhere around 3060 level, don't drive it, but for a dude with a problem, you can try disabling the power-saving technologies of the video card in the drivers. And try to load the card into MC combuster or furmak for 30 minutes, without FPS limiters, if the computer freezes or the frequency drops a lot, then it means a defective card.

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

Sergjiei
has no crashes on the video card in test modes, it passes hourly stress tests and combusters, osst, aida.
power saving can not be disabled + it does not obey if you force the minimum frequency.
And in terms of nvidia? Well, they put it between 3060 and 3060ti, but it feels like it is far from 3060

S
Sergjiei 20.01.23

BloodRubin wrote:
power saving cannot be disabled + it does not obey if you force the minimum frequency.
What is it like? No sliders? Monique how many hertz?

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

Sergjiei
she does not have the concept of energy saving, in short, everything works very strangely.
there is a fix for the minimum and maximum frequencies, but it does not work, she does not care about your settings) will still reduce the frequency if she wants to.
165Hz

g
getjet 20.01.23

BloodRubin
As I understand you, all my life I've been unlucky with cards from the reds.
In 2004, I fell for the reviews and bought a 256 MB Radeon 9600, as a result of constant problems in games, the first Far Cry was disgusting, while my friends even on the GeForce 5200FX at 128 MB had better performance.
10 years later, I turned off the green road again and bought the R290X and got a wild stove with the sound of a vacuum cleaner and a bunch of bugs in crooked drivers, after that there were a few more attempts to switch to red ones because of their cost and I always had some jambs with them, while with the greens everything was always smooth. Maybe it's just me being so unlucky :)
By the way, I also had problems with their prots. I remember how I fell for the advertisement of "bulldozers" in 2012, that the processors have a type of full-fledged 8 cores and bought a fuflofix 9370. In fact, the processors had only 4 dual-core modules with a common cache and a coprocessor, in short, it was nasty. But that's not all, there was another attempt to switch to the red ones with the purchase of the Ryzen 2700X, then I also grabbed a storm of negativity with dances around the BIOS, RAM and incomprehensible staters and friezes in games. After that, I finally decided that Intel + Nvidia are my friends :)

O
Oak Sorcerer 20.01.23

GetJet
It was a shame for 9600, especially for comparison with 5200, which was at the level of mx 440.

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

OakSorcerer
Yes, it's a shame for the ryzen. The owners supplied 3000 / 5000 series. Especially the fire 5600X for 9-11 thousand and 5800X3D for 23-25 ​​thousand, which are dragged be healthy. At 1000 there were problems (and not so much), but 2000 is already normal.

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

BloodRubin wrote:
buzzing is buzzing, but sometimes it just drops to 0 and again to 99, although I understand that the card itself is complete crap, but there was no better way to take something, to put it mildly, there was a choice, either 3050 or red game.
This is incomprehensible, maybe there are problems with the card, and maybe with the PSU, with the timings of the RAM?
BloodRubin wrote:
power saving cannot be disabled + it does not obey if you force the minimum frequency.
AMD has some kind of trick, I was still watching the Remontyash channel and he said that the cards in the Beavis are so wired as soon as there is no load or it falls, the card goes into low power mode and dampens the frequencies, but in the load, on the contrary, until it hits its own the limits of the stoker to the fullest. In nvidia, on the contrary, it extinguishes to the fullest, and as soon as it rests on the limits, it starts to troll

And what kind of Windows do you have and are all the updates worth it?

L
Loken 20.01.23

Open a computer in Aida64 -> summary information, take a screenshot and, without cropping or scrolling anywhere, upload it here.
There are some suggestions as to what the problem is.

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

BloodRubin
Warframe somehow launched for a long time, there seemed to be no problems, Destiny 2 was running fine

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

TopPCGamer
tried to find something at least a little similar, but there is no answer anywhere...

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
is the trouble! like there are 100+ frames, but there are constant freezes of the image, for no reason.

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

Loken

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

M
MONKAM 20.01.23

BloodRubin
Maybe it's worth contacting the service, they can tell you what and how?

B
Blood Rubin 20.01.23

mrKaktak
no money, but you hold on. Here is a short answer about the service)
But for me it was the video card that was to blame, because with the green 780 everything was fine and worked more stably at times, it's a pity that it died.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

BloodRubin
The best option so far is to shoot a video with an overlay in the game. But so that it also indicates power consumption. Look in HWInfo if there is 12V monitoring on the video card. It is in the motherboard, but it can be in the video card, display it too.

L
Loken 20.01.23

BloodRubin
Try to pass the CPU test in OCCT for at least 30 minutes with HWInfo running at the same time. Screenshot the results from both programs and post them here. Slegonets smacks of overclocking.