3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jay C 20.01.23 04:30 pm

Video card connection.

Hello people!
Do not take it for stupidity, because I'm not a teapot, but I already have a pretty solid user experience in owning and assembling a PC. My question is this:
Increasingly, I began to stumble across various forums and I became extremely curious and not very clear at the same time.
Here is an example - we take a powerful video card with two or three 8pin power supplies.
How to connect it correctly? ))))
I myself have an RTX3080Ti, I have it connected to the PSU with one wire with a splitter at the end for 2 to 6 + 2 pins, respectively, everything has been working smoothly and normally for more than a year.
But here on the forums people write that you need to connect a similar video card with two different wires, and not one with a splitter for 2 to 8. Why is that? Or I don't understand something.
It turns out that you connect two separate wires to one 8 pin connector and to the second, and right next to you will have separate 8pins hanging out or what? I just haven’t seen single pci-e wires, they all go one wire and at the end there is a branching into two by 8. The processor is another matter if there is power 2 by 8, so there are two different wires. Or did I misunderstand something from the user's message?
This is someone with 4090 with four connectors on the adapter, do you need to stick four wires? And four separate 8 pins will hang out nearby? Nothing is clear!
Why then do wires with splitters for 2po8 come with the PSU at all?
54 Comments
Sort by:
p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
The best BP we have is Super Flower,
This is marketing and advertising. )
There is no difference from which PSU manufacturer, if there is a UPS. But there is a sect of lovers of sockets, which even in the forehead, even on the forehead, all the same. Any PSU of any manufacturer burns out from the socket .. at least it burns. And in the parameters of the system's energy consumption, it's just hellish, but this does not bother fans of sockets. xD)
I have a regular PSU from gigabytes at 600W, no gold one, plowed for 8 years with the GTX960, the power consumption parameters were ideal. They are still perfect, put it back will work the same way. I replaced the aorus RTX3060 with an infernal stove, under it, too, a 750-watt power supply from gigabytes, but there were no other modular gold ones. The system power settings are exactly the same ideally. What am I doing wrong? I guess I'm not plugging directly into an outlet, right? )))
Moreover, in the reviews for this BP on the CSN website, everything is going on just hell. On the second day it burned down, everything melted, etc. It has been working for two months, nothing has burned down, nothing has melted. Whether those rosette sectarians are scribbling there, or bots of competitors, or victims of advertising, you can’t immediately make out. Interesting times now, in the information space one star, to put it mildly, the truth is completely lost from the word. If only to tryndet, why tryndet is not important.

f
fat-faced 20.01.23

Guys tell me, is this an adapter for rtx4090 will be normal?
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=UvUFxxn

f
fat-faced 20.01.23

J
Jay C 20.01.23

BP 3.0 Thermaltakes for 1350W Gold appeared in the CSN - 21000r, who cares.
I think the price is adequate for such power, a gold certificate and a new standard. The 12VHPWR wire goes to 600W thick in a fabric braid in the kit (I already looked at YouTube for a review of this unit), also Smart Zero Fan technology, a very cool thing, like video cards, until it reaches 50% of the power, the fans do not turn on.

p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!
The bastards are still the same. )

https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/718ac021aef12eb1/videokarta-gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3060-aorus-elite-lhr-gv-n3060aorus-e-12gd-rev20/characteristics/

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Lies I don't even want to check yours.
Of course. Saying that the truth is a lie, juggling facts, etc., is the main tactic of liars. )

01001000 01101001 wrote:
but I didn’t even read the recommendations for 3060.
Why should I read it, I have it.
Spoiler

01001000 01101001 wrote:
and took the GAG ​​3060 shameful
As you say. )
Hand-assholes have not changed over the years, although it seems that a person is a rational being, something he should learn over the years .. it is obvious that this is not about hand-assaulters. Even the question arises, but they are people in general. xD)

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

potter790
What the hell did you take, just kapets. I'm shocked. For this money, the RTX 3070 is taken. Hmm...
This is your review there, and I took this bp: https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/7d52f98dc0d71b80/blok-pitania-gigabyte-gp-p750gm-28200-p750g-1eur/opinion/
T. e. you could take this one much better and
cheaper
: Well, as they say about the mammoth. The RTX 3060 is going down, it just has nowhere to eat. And your 600 watts are there for the eyes.
"Really in games turbo boost is even higher than 1970 MHz" - hahaha! That's your argument, right? To purchase 750 watts. The video card has extremely excessive cooling, and he took "Just in case, I pulled the front plugs out of the system unit, so that it would blow through with a draft." You are so funny. Thank you for writing, nobly neighing of course. Review below.
Spoiler Truly, you are a concrete comedian simply. Just don't say that you also bought it for 40 thousand. This is generally a complete paragraph will be. Especially against this background:
Spoiler
By the way, I got confused and looked for an undervolt on your card, in general they set it well. She has a factory consumption of 170W (kindergarten, a 500-watt power supply is enough), the undervolt gives up to 120-140 watts without tension and loss of performance.
Cooling fat for this performance. A strong overpayment, and there is no need to change such a PSU there. Admit it, yours is obviously covered. You even overpaid for the PSU and took some kind of passer again. Eh, glukabayta phantoms, they are.

p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
I'm in shock. For the money, does the RTX 3070
go for 8GB, just like the 3080 for 8GB? ))
There, on the screenshot, the consumption of VRAM is 10.7GB.
So you can shove this shit you know where, they don't pull igor on ultras in 4K. xD)

potter790
All your videos and screenshots in FullHD resolution. This is one and two - with a castrated 192 bit 12 gig bus, this is the bottom of the bottom even for 4k. And you can only dream about the RTX 3080, which by the way goes for 10 and 12 gigs, in general, with a 384-bit bus and GDDR6X. And in conclusion, you can shove your shit in the form of 3060 you know where:
Spoiler

L
Loken 20.01.23

Jay C wrote:
At the same time, the cards worked properly all the time until I sold them.
They will work properly for you if everything is connected correctly and you are not a miner who reconnects the cable 10 times a month. If the user irritates the connectors with frequent reconnections, then it makes no difference whether he uses one cable or two - over time, both options will puff.
Above, photos were thrown to you with melted connectors, but if you carefully look at the first photo, some kind of superintelligence connected the power cable to the connector for connecting sata and peripherals, and not to the correct VGA connector to power the card at 12v.
The second photo is a photo from the topic on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/pvt2kp/rip_rtx_3090_hof/ , where if you scroll down below, the author admits that the extension cord connector flared and the quality of this extension cord can be seen from the photo.
About the fact that Nvidia made a mistake with a 12-pin connector is generally laughable, there are tests where it is proved that during a normal connection, neither the connector nor the cables heat up above the ambient air. For this connector to blaze, several factors must coincide, one of which is the user's handshake. But krivoruchki, of course, will melt anything under any load. And by the way, normal miners, who often unfasten the power cables, eventually change the cables to new ones, and do not wait until the shabby old one flares up)
In any case, connecting with two separate cables is a good option. But you don’t need to believe that some Vasyan from the VK group “I’m a miner with my mother”, communicating with the producers of anything in the same way as you and I communicate with God, and similar noodle hangers and brain powderers, they know better than those who calculated the ATX standards)))

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Especially against the background of this:
Kaif, again you advise people to trash for 40k without a guarantee: D
Spoiler

Loken wrote:
Kaif, again you advise people for 40k rubbish without a guarantee: D
This rubbish is better than what he bought himself. Despite the fact that Colorful worked quietly for me in the farm, including in the form of 3070. And by the way, the miners have to do with it. I melted, I did not mine on that computer.
And if you want to show off and take it with a guarantee, then take it from the official in the store, overpay and take 3070 at the cost of 3080. I prefer to take trusted cards from serovos, from trusted sellers.
And you, even last time, came up with a tri-box for me, and also stuffed the 3060Ti into the recommendation that trolling is level 99 damn it, at a cost of 3070.

And i.e. you again want to say that it is better to take 3060 in the cost of 3070. Well, I don’t know at all, a collection of some connoisseurs of the glucobyte is here. You are the same from this sect, last time you sold me a card that he would immediately go to the service center, now he even approved the 3060 at the cost of 3070Ti even.

p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
And in conclusion, you can shove your shit in the form of 3060 you know where:
In 2K sucker .. this is the day before yesterday. xDDDD))))
You should have shown pictures in full hd. )))))
Smell biba with your 3070 loshara. :D)

L
Loken 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
then take it in the store from the officials,
I know where to get it and with a guarantee and not in the store, I already took it)

J
Jay C 20.01.23

Loken
I agree with you completely!

L
Loken 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
Well done, but you advise people to use rubbish without a guarantee but with a beautiful price tag)
And if something happens to the card, look for a repairman who will restore the card for the price difference of this cost, WILL YOU? I doubt it :D

p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
I got the same EVGA with a 6 year warranty, official on NewEgg.
AHAHA. )))))

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Said people with a FullHD monitor.
Are you talking about yourself? I didn’t even doubt that you have a beeba current and you smell it. xD)))

L
Loken 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
I discussed this issue with a person. He does not want a card from Serovozov even with a two-year warranty (3070ti for 43k), and even more so a card without a guarantee. He wants to buy in the store and, if anything, bring it back to the store. Everything, there is nothing to procrastinate, the issue is closed.

p
potter790 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
As you can see, 1440P ultra.
I see that you are a lie and you only have a biba that you sniff. )))
Carry other people's videos. He probably sits on an ancient 1070, and envies with black envy. xD)))
And on the sly here every bucket is advertised. Money doesn't smell, does it? )))

potter790
Yes, I sit and envy your junk. You got me. And of course I steal vidos, you didn’t think of stealing a single one. FullHD for you, not videos, I understand. Well, it’s already good, you didn’t even try to parry, which means it’s merged nafig.
In general, this does not negate the fact that you are the owner of a shameful 3060 at a cost of 3070, which is ultra pulling, but your 3060 is not. you didn’t even show anything, it’s so bad to see, but there were talks

L
Loken 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
I'm not an assembler at all, but just a person who is guided by facts, not fiction and speculation, this is the first thing.
And secondly, don’t lie again, I didn’t sell anything to anyone, but in plain text I wrote “I don’t care where he buys what at what price”. That 3060ti was just an example that for the money he wanted to take the 2060, you can get a better card here and now THERE. At that time there was no 3070 for the same price and the current prices are also not worth throwing, they have changed. Whether or not it was worth taking it, it’s definitely not for you to argue, you threw some kind of list of top cards and didn’t even notice that that 3060ti was on that list. As a result, we chose 3070 with him, but this does not concern you anymore, continue to throw rubbish to people from alik and ozone without a guarantee.

You once proved to me that the 3060ti problem is far-fetched, and in the last topic you argued that 3060ti should not be taken in any case. I finally understood who and what you are when you rushed to delete your posts in the last topic, when you realized that you were in a puddle. When I need a shoe changer, I'll whistle you, but for now, don't powder my head, you're already starting to tire.

Oh, it's fun guys here, that one is nonsense, that the second one came running for the price of 6700XT offers 3060 as the norm. He also screwed everything up and down. I'll say it again - let it be your way, even though you didn't say anything good, again.
Spoiler

Loken
Why did you do this to me? Justify? You are a person who is not able to go shopping, and you sucked in 3060Ti, which, in principle, is not worth taking at all.
Loken wrote:
That 3060ti was just an example of what a 2060 is worth
. you suggested and I didn't. But how many words he poured out on me, but he didn’t even bother to google it.
Loken wrote:
You once proved to me that the 3060ti problem is far-fetched
I NEVER!!!! didn't say that. NEVER!!! I've been monitoring it since February, all repair cents, videos, comments. The only thing that has changed is that the problem was not in memory, but its degradation under high voltage, which is not fixed in any way. I never proved otherwise to you. You confused me with someone else, or took me out of context.
Unless he could answer you back off. Because boring, sticky and a liar.
Loken wrote:
As a result, we chose 3070
I.e. you want to say that you threw MY link to him, what I suggested (out of several options). Brilliant.
Loken wrote:
when you rushed to delete your posts in the last topic, when you realized that you were in a puddle.
I delete ALWAYS! Even here I removed the excess. AND YOU LIED blatantly about temperatures, even noise and throttle - subjectively and not always. I refuted this to you with the last comment, placing all the pros and cons. Not always and not everywhere.
Loken wrote:
When do I need a shoe changer Where
? Oh damn, kids. They gouge in the eyes, lie in the face, and even now, when he was simply disgraced, he proudly tries to defend himself. Hey, you're justifying the 3060 for the price of the 3070/6700XT. Are you adequate at all? You there advised 3060Ti are you normal?

LOOK!!! I didn't delete the comment as you say. What the heck?
Spoiler
It turns out that I removed only what I thought was superfluous and repetition, off topic. In general, the answer remained, and even duplicated the alternative. Those. as the owner, you did not prove anything to me for KFA2, although it no longer made sense because of the price.
And then you still have to answer me for the vidosik for kindergartners nafig, which looks like a mockery.