3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gleb Maikov 28.02.23 08:08 pm

Crashes without errors (Hogwarts Legacy)

The people, someone is faced with the fact that after starting the game, it crashes without any errors at all?

116 Comments
Sort by:
t
thememulticoloredeyes 28.02.23

On 5800x and RTX 3080 at 1440p, the game automatically set ultra settings with DLSS quality, the rays are turned off, I decided on the first day not to touch the settings at all.

So far I've only played at Hogwarts, to call it a completely unoptimized piece of town. I can't turn my tongue, it can't be compared with Cyberpunk, it gives out an average of 80 to 120 frames, but there are incomprehensible drawdowns, especially in cut scenes, it drops right up to 20 frames, while none pieces of iron in convulsions do not fight, and indeed there are crashes with errors, until I caught it once an hour after a game and a half (probably due to memory leaks, I have 16GB).

For the first day of release, I would say that it is very suitable, they will be tightened up with patches, you see, and you can try the rays.

I expected something like this on my config, there is also an old gaming laptop with a GTX 1060, I’ll check it on it and unsubscribe.

D
Davolen 28.02.23

The crashes started again, reinstalling the drivers initially helped.

The above methods didn't help either.

Changed graphics settings to no avail.

R5 5600x

RX 6800xt

16gb

K
Karewtab 28.02.23

Switching the XMP RAM profile from 3600mhz to 3000mhz helped me

A
Alex_stormrage 28.02.23

I have the same crap. The very first time the flight was with some kind of error, but I didn’t read it and didn’t make a screen. And then crash after crash without pop-up errors.

My percent and vidyuha were loaded by a maximum of 50-60%, it means it's not about them.

As already mentioned here, it's a matter of RAM, the game eats too much. I play on high/ultra settings and it crashes all the time at random times. You can put a larger swap file, or buy more RAM.

C
Chester 28.02.23

My game doesn't crash. but hangs after epilepsy warning. 1 time I went into the game, played a little and left. went out and that's it, now it hangs. anyone had this problem?

p
p1ngu1n2 28.02.23

Seriously? Are you unable to read what is written above? I specifically painted everything in detail ....
It's too early for you to learn magic)))

B
BenderRodriguez61 28.02.23

I have the same problem, since the 9th I have been trying to solve it, I have tried all possible solutions to the problem, all the methods that I found on the Internet, at the moment I have not launched it.

N
Nikholas74 28.02.23

Faced crashes from the game. And I played for 2 days without any bugs and crashes. Each time the situation repeats itself - the game starts, loads, literally 10-15 seconds and crashes without error. Deleting the GameUserSettings.ini file or changing the numbers to 1 did not help. As well as updating drivers (everything relevant is installed).

Maybe there are other options? Been playing for 2 days with no problems.

K
Klena 28.02.23

The same! I played 31 hours, everything worked fine for two days, now it crashes after a few seconds in the game and nothing helps.

F
FoggyStar 28.02.23

Have you updated your Nvidia drivers? If yes, then roll back through the device manager. Helped me. Something is wrong with the latest drivers they have.

D
DjonAlexx 28.02.23

I don’t know if it’s still relevant or not, but for those who crashed after a warning about epilepsy, I did the following:

1. Delete the saves from the folder "AppData/local/Hogwarts legacy/saved"

2. Turn off the Internet

3. Run the game without syncing.

It worked for me, although I had to start all over again, but ooh ...

o
oxotnik298 28.02.23

Delete everything after this folder or specifically from any one

G
Gleboh 28.02.23

The game just freezes up while compiling shaders. Doesn't respond to processes. Editing the file, deleting saves, reinstalling, running without internet, nothing helps.

T
TridenT_777 28.02.23

I do not understand what my problem is, I have tried almost everything that is possible. The game crashes at a completely random time. It seems that the computer is not the worst: i9 10900k, 64 GB of RAM, 3080ti, everything is on M2 modules. In theory, everything should run on ultras, at least the experience says so, but no. I tried to change the firewood of the video card (crashes both on the latest and firewood of September 2021), did a check of the operative through memtest (12 hours and not a single error). Does anyone have any guesses? And then I already have no strength to fight with the computer in one.

R
Redline666 28.02.23

Does it take off at a random time? It crashes without errors while fetching or getting pages from the manual and only at these moments. Moreover, not always the same leaves. I don't understand what's the matter. I cleaned the RAM, increased the paging file to 16 with physical 32 GB. Very sad. I like to collect and look for everything, but I don’t really want to run stupidly according to the plot. I wonder if I will have this on a license if I still buy it, or does it not matter?

A
Amogus228 28.02.23

I played with offline activation on litsukha, there were no crashes at all, the fps was higher, the game crashes periodically on hacking and the fps is slightly lower, by about 10 frames, at random moments of crashes with the same ((

M
MovhyH 28.02.23

I also painted wildly while collecting leaves, and sometimes just like that. Disabled rtx and dlss. Set the lock to 60 fps. Turned off grain, aberration and motion blur. I don’t know what exactly helped - not a single flight for 7 hours

R
Redline666 28.02.23

I did almost everything the same, the flights remained. Now I'll try to turn off post-processing, we'll see.

L
LeFudre 28.02.23

I just turned off the dlss and tried to pick up a leaf in the village, did not fly out. BUT, I began to fly to Hogwarts :))) in general, nifiga is not clear. Update information, field of view +0.1, disabled depth of field and dlss, anti-aliasing is so high, while collecting a couple of leaves in Hogwarts and a bunch in the village without any problems.

2BLaraSex 28.02.23

If someone's game crashes, enable or increase the paging file. I had it disabled and the game crashed after each video. Put 10 gigs and the problem disappeared. Played for hours without problems, got to Hogsmeade